Reload this Page >

tasammur's K-1 interview date question

Wikiposts

tasammur's K-1 interview date question

Old Nov 17th 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

tasammur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tasammur's K-1 interview date question

Hi there, this forum has been a great help. Though I'm very worried about waiting times.

I'm posting my notice of readiness for my interview for my K1 visa to the embassy here in London, tomorrow morning. I had a look on the US Embassy in the UK's website and it stated that:

There is currently a back-log in the Immigrant Visa Unit of forms and applications waiting to be processed. If you have submitted the completed forms in connection with the administrative processing of your application, you should allow approximately three months for your case to be processed. During this period, we regret we cannot provide information on the status of the application or confirm if the forms have been received. On completion of the administrative processing of the application, you will receive notification of the scheduled visa interview.

Now I don't know how frequently they update their faqs but I am a little concerned that I may be waiting longer for my notification and visa interview. So I was hoping for some more experiences on waiting times for notification of interview dates and the actual date of?

I was also wondering what the interview is like? How it felt? etc I can't wait to be with my fiance but I'm finding this whole process is such a strain on our relationship, I just want to wake up tomorrow in his arms.

Thank you all,
Tas.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tasammur's K-1 interview date question

That little blurb you quoted refers to something called "Admin Processing", which is a request for further security checks *after* the interview is done. Unless you come from a Middle Eastern country, that likely won't affect you.

By the way, I started a new thread for you, since you had tacked on to an IR-1 thread...and yours is K-1.

Rene
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tasammur
I was also wondering what the interview is like? How it felt? etc
Most people say the interview is an anti-climax. They just want to verify the facts, verify that you are who you say you are, verify that your relationship is legitimate, and verify that you meet all the visa requirements.

Not too much longer, I'd say!

Rene
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Mark81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London trip including US Embassy IR-1 Interview Report

Hi Tas,

I posted my forms last week so we are in a similar position. I really hope that there is not a 3 month wait!

There may be a difference between us in that I had my medical over a month ago... have you had yours yet? It seems like the embassy forgot to post me all the forms so I emailed them and they told me to download them and post them... which I did last week.

I will let you know when I get my interview date... can you let me know when you get yours?

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by Mark81; Nov 17th 2008 at 10:10 am.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was also wondering what the interview is like? How it felt?
My K-1 interview felt fine. I thoroughly enjoyed it... it was totally stress-free and quite pleasant.

I can't wait to be with my fiance but I'm finding this whole process is such a strain on our relationship, I just want to wake up tomorrow in his arms.
We've all "been there... done that". You'll survive! Compared to a lifetime together, a few months is nothing.

Ian
Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:08 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband had his K1 interview in London in June . It was easier than we thought. More waiting around the embassy than anything . There is a thread here on K1 visa interviews 2007/2008. You should read it. It might help you relax a bit.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mark81
I posted my forms last week so we are in a similar position. I really hope that there is not a 3 month wait!
There may be a difference between us in that I had my medical over a month ago... have you had yours yet?
I had my medical last week, so I guess we're in the same boat after all. Sorry to hear about the problems with your paperwork not arriving completely though

Originally Posted by Mark81
I will let you know when I get my interview date... can you let me know when you get yours?
I will definately let you know when I hear back from the embassy Mark.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My K-1 interview felt fine. I thoroughly enjoyed it... it was totally stress-free and quite pleasant.
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Most people say the interview is an anti-climax. They just want to verify the facts, verify that you are who you say you are, verify that your relationship is legitimate, and verify that you meet all the visa requirements.
That's encouraging to hear so thank you both, I'm just feeling a bit roughed up after a horrible medical exam -took a heavy knock to my confidence over the proceedings.

Last edited by tasammur; Nov 17th 2008 at 7:12 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:55 am
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also waiting on an interview date. I sent my packet 3 to the embassy on 20th October. How long have you guys been waiting? Hopefully not long now for us all.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That's encouraging to hear so thank you both, I'm just feeling a bit roughed up after a horrible medical exam -took a heavy knock to my confidence over the proceedings.
That's an unusual report. Can you share what happened?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by muz1986
I am also waiting on an interview date. I sent my packet 3 to the embassy on 20th October. How long have you guys been waiting? Hopefully not long now for us all.
And in reply to Mark:

I called the embassy visa department to check over something and took it also as an opportunity to ask about waiting times. The gentleman that I spoke to was very helpful and said that the data received from the paperwork we send in tends to appear on their system after 4weeks, which is usually when the details of the interview date are sent out. He also explained that they provide 2-4weeks notice prior to the interview. So we're still looking at roughly 2months altogether, as the figures can fluctuate either way.

Would still be assuring to hear some peoples own experiences.
Anyway, I hope you get your interview date soon Muz, I sent my papers out today.
Thanks all,
Tas.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tasammur, do you have a contact number for the embassy?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Yes I do:
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...ssistance.html

Hope that helps
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Im sorry that you felt roughed up by the medical...I had mine yesterday and it seemed fine, I just have a yukky bruise from the blood test.

In my opinion I would be prepared for the interview date as being that length of time away and then if it happens any sooner then it is a bonus. When I sent my forms away back in October and truly thought Id be looking at a date post-Christmas, but it's next week.

I know it can feel like no consolation when people say we're all in the same boat and have all been away from our loved ones. It is true, but I know there are times when you can feel hugely isolated, and the fact that hundreds and thousands have been through it too is not comforting. But you will get to the point in time when you realise it has all been worth it and that the person you want to spend the rest of your life with is right by your side. I am waiting for that moment myself! But am hoping it will be very very soon!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy interview date for you and Mark81 too!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:28 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Folks, just a little reminder about contacting 'the Embassy' in case you're not yet familiar.
The contact phone number (pay to call) reaches a call center in Scotland, staffed by people who don't work for the Embassy and have no specific immigration knowledge (don't call them for help questions). They have very limited, if any, access to specific information about you, or scheduling.

There is an email address for reaching the Consular staff. Sometimes you can simply email the address and get a reply. Sometimes you'll get an auto-reply that your message has been deleted un-read, but then you'll eventually get a reply. You can also call the pay to call line and get the email code-of-the-day which is supposed to guarantee that your email gets read/replied to. Emails with the code *still* sometimes get the 'your message was deleted' reply.

I highly encourage you to search here, or post your question if you have one. Whatever you're going through, someone else has before, and the answer is very likely already posted here.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Folks, just a little reminder about contacting 'the Embassy' in case you're not yet familiar.
The contact phone number (pay to call) reaches a call center in Scotland, staffed by people who don't work for the Embassy and have no specific immigration knowledge (don't call them for help questions). They have very limited, if any, access to specific information about you, or scheduling.

I highly encourage you to search here, or post your question if you have one. Whatever you're going through, someone else has before, and the answer is very likely already posted here.
Hi Meauxna, thank you for clarifying. They are helpful if your questions are general though and do mention as much when you call that they're not able to give specific answers as they aren't in the consulate office. The forum is great but I'd recommend the number if you have a few general questions you need resolved quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.