Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sudden change of visa center

Sudden change of visa center

Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:25 pm

Clarino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sudden change of visa center

Hi all,

We're currently waiting for my Green Card to be issued through the US Embassy in London. I've received NOA1 and then an email confirming that my case has been switched from the Vermont to the California center, with no reason given. My wife, the petitioner, is from Virginia, which is administered by the Vermont center. I have no idea why my case has been switched to a different center.

Does anyone know:

1) Why this has happened?
2) If it will delay my application?

Thanks,

Graham
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sudden change of visa center

Originally Posted by Clarino
Hi all,

We're currently waiting for my Green Card to be issued through the US Embassy in London. I've received NOA1 and then an email confirming that my case has been switched from the Vermont to the California center, with no reason given. My wife, the petitioner, is from Virginia, which is administered by the Vermont center. I have no idea why my case has been switched to a different center.

Does anyone know:

1) Why this has happened?
2) If it will delay my application?

Thanks,

Graham
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum. Sometimes one service center will get overloaded with work, and ship some petitions to other service centers to work on. It's nothing to worry about. It shouldn't delay the application, in fact it should be to your benefit, as it means they've sent it to a less busy service center.

Also, your green card won't be issued through the consulate in London. You'll be getting your Immigrant Visa there. You'll become a PR upon entry to the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:38 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sudden change of visa center

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Also, your green card won't be issued through the consulate in London. You'll be getting your Immigrant Visa there. You'll become a PR upon entry to the USA.
And in case you don't know what a PR is, I've got some afternoon homework for you.
------------
If you have been married for less than 2 years when you enter the US, your Permanent Resident status has “conditions”. A CR-1 PR is no less a PR than anyone else, but they do have an additional step to take 2 years after they enter the US. Please see the Guides for Removal of Conditions (form I-751).

I recommend the following reads to anyone who is becoming a Permanent Resident, so you can better understand your rights and responsibilities.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Welcome to the United States:
A Guide for New Immigrants
http://uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/imm_guide.htm