Successsssss!!!!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

sea_dave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Successsssss!!!!

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Conditional Green Card Approved, I-551 stamp in passport!

Hi guys!! All those good wishes must have paid off! We were in and out of the building in 30 minutes. Easy parking, no line at the metal detector and there were only a few other people waiting in the waiting room with us. After a few minutes, an officer came to get us, and even though I tried to get him to warm up, he was all business and said very little. Both he and his office were quite disheveled and I was a bit surprised by that - reminded me more of a mad-scientist-type than an immigration officer. He ask me how I met my husband, and noted that I was under income in 2004, and ask how many hours I worked now. I gave him my employment letter. He ask if we had kids together. I had tons of other papers and files and stuff, but he wasnt interested in any of it. At one point he squeezed his eyes shut and tipped his face towards the ceiling and stayed that way for what seemed like a long time, which was quite unnerving... He looked to be in deep concentration or something... then he looked thru his thick file some more, mostly looking at the I-864 and did some calculations on the 10-key. He ask to see our picture book that we brought, went thru it quickly, and handed it back. He did not keep any pictures for his file.

Then without explanation, he stood up and ask Asghar to sign a paper that he put in some cover so that he couldnt really see what he was signing, and took a fingerprint... then had us both sign some other document. Finally, he ask Asghar a question for the first time, and that was: Did you bring your passport? To which the answer was yes, and without saying more, the officer took the passport and started stamping and signing it. He handed it back and said, "you are now a conditional resident" and explained about filing the I-751.

I told the officer that the interview letter said that if we brought a picture that Asghar could get a temp card and he said that was only if he didnt have his passport. I tried to talk him into it by saying how cool that would be though to have an actual card, but the officer wasnt going for it and just said that the stamp was good enough and the actual CGC would come within 6 months. We thanked him profusely, at which he almost smiled, and then we were out of there, with time to spare on the parking meter!

Yaaayyy!!
thats great
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

He handed it back and said, "you are now a conditional resident" and explained about filing the I-751.
Congratulations to you both! Wonderful news.

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Marnee...
Best Wishes to you both in your future ...Ray
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:51 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!! It is so great to be able to share this news with people who can appreciate what this step means. It has been a long, roller coaster process, but I am happy to say that we have reached a significant milestone in this journey and it feels great!! We are planning a weekend jaunt to Canada, just because we can! Ha ha!

I have learned so much on this site and consider many of you friends. Thank you and good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

<Group Hug!!>
Marnee
Old Apr 29th 2005, 4:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We are planning a weekend jaunt to Canada, just because we can! Ha ha!
Nice plan
Speaking of, me and the missus should go to nova scotia, so close and all that...make use of the greencard whenever it arrives *lol*
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:48 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Congrats on a speedy interview.
When I signed at my interview I was told it was to verify that the interview was over,,, not sure if he was joking,,, After the signature he did some small talk and then told us we were done and we would get a letter in the mail.

Patrick
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

carpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to allcarpdiem is a name known to all

Thanks everyone!! It is so great to be able to share this news with people who can appreciate what this step means. It has been a long, roller coaster process, but I am happy to say that we have reached a significant milestone in this journey and it feels great!! We are planning a weekend jaunt to Canada, just because we can! Ha ha!

I have learned so much on this site and consider many of you friends. Thank you and good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

<Group Hug!!>
Marnee
Congratulations Marnee & Asghar !!!

Sanna
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

<Group Hug!!>
Marnee
Yay! Congrats to both of you; what a great thing a fast AOS can be!!

Sorry I missed your day; I was over at the beach, but I hear it was a gorgeous day in PDX!
Hearty congrats from your neighbors!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:07 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Successsssss!!!!

I'm so happy for you both!!
(Just found your "Wish us luck" thread today & did a search to see what happened.)

Him being "all business" & taking time to stare at the ceiling probably would unnerve me too. But glad it wasn't a bad sign of what was to come.

Woooo!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:39 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, just 2.5 months!! That's awesome for you guys. Congrats!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you both and hope you both have a wonderful life together.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!! All those good wishes must have paid off! We were in and out of the building in 30 minutes. Easy parking, no line at the metal detector and there were only a few other people waiting in the waiting room with us. After a few minutes, an officer came to get us, and even though I tried to get him to warm up, he was all business and said very little. Both he and his office were quite disheveled and I was a bit surprised by that - reminded me more of a mad-scientist-type than an immigration officer. He ask me how I met my husband, and noted that I was under income in 2004, and ask how many hours I worked now. I gave him my employment letter. He ask if we had kids together. I had tons of other papers and files and stuff, but he wasnt interested in any of it. At one point he squeezed his eyes shut and tipped his face towards the ceiling and stayed that way for what seemed like a long time, which was quite unnerving... He looked to be in deep concentration or something... then he looked thru his thick file some more, mostly looking at the I-864 and did some calculations on the 10-key. He ask to see our picture book that we brought, went thru it quickly, and handed it back. He did not keep any pictures for his file.

Then without explanation, he stood up and ask Asghar to sign a paper that he put in some cover so that he couldnt really see what he was signing, and took a fingerprint... then had us both sign some other document. Finally, he ask Asghar a question for the first time, and that was: Did you bring your passport? To which the answer was yes, and without saying more, the officer took the passport and started stamping and signing it. He handed it back and said, "you are now a conditional resident" and explained about filing the I-751.

I told the officer that the interview letter said that if we brought a picture that Asghar could get a temp card and he said that was only if he didnt have his passport. I tried to talk him into it by saying how cool that would be though to have an actual card, but the officer wasnt going for it and just said that the stamp was good enough and the actual CGC would come within 6 months. We thanked him profusely, at which he almost smiled, and then we were out of there, with time to spare on the parking meter!

Yaaayyy!!

Fabulous news, even better as we had our interviews on the ame day!!! What a huge relief now the AOS process is over!

Congratulations!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough

Yaaayyy!!

hi
Congrats , its really nice to hear it
Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:18 am

Trent is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you both. :-)

What really surprised me was that the immigration officer made Asghar sign something without letting him see what he was signing. How can one 'legally' sign a document without seeing what he is actually signing. That just doesn't sound right to me.

But glad to hear everything worked out ok.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:53 pm
Guest21

Good on you really pleased for you both.
Many years of Happiness wished to you.
Whiskers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.