Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Successful AOS from K3 in KC

Successful AOS from K3 in KC

Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future
Default Successful AOS from K3 in KC

Hi,

had a successful interview for my AOS from K3 in Kansas City yesterday. After 2 years of waiting, it was quite a friendly chat that lasted 10 mins. In terms of proof, only my mortgage papers would have sufficed. It was quite a non-event really!

The officer mentioned that they could no longer stamp the passports, and i'd have to wait till the actual "approval" letter before i could go and get the stamp in 4-6 weeks.

phew, it's over :-)

Matthew
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successful AOS from K3 in KC

Originally Posted by mdaitc
Hi,

had a successful interview for my AOS from K3 in Kansas City yesterday. After 2 years of waiting, it was quite a friendly chat that lasted 10 mins. In terms of proof, only my mortgage papers would have sufficed. It was quite a non-event really!

The officer mentioned that they could no longer stamp the passports, and i'd have to wait till the actual "approval" letter before i could go and get the stamp in 4-6 weeks.

Matthew
Congratulations, Matthew!

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Matthew
Fingers crossed for multiple Welcome Letters to arrive in your mailbox very soon!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Successful AOS from K3 in KC

Originally Posted by meauxna
Fingers crossed for multiple Welcome Letters to arrive in your mailbox very soon!
Thanks, i'm hoping the same thing too!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:17 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Matthew

It seems a few of us have waited 2 years patiently to receive our permanent residency. It's a very nice feeling. I hope you get your stamp in the passport and the cards in the mail very soon.

Maggie

Hi,

Matthew
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Matthew

CONGRATULATIONS!! yipe!!
Now get on messenger and let's have a talk
Old Aug 27th 2005, 4:24 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Matthew
Hi Matt

A BIG congratulations. Good to hear you've finally got there. You whizzed past me now! My fault should have got my AOS started earlier. Congrats again! Don't forget to come back and let us know when you get the stamp.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Hi Matt

A BIG congratulations. Good to hear you've finally got there. You whizzed past me now! My fault should have got my AOS started earlier. Congrats again! Don't forget to come back and let us know when you get the stamp.
Hi,

i only applied in march though..

Do i actually need the stamp - i mean if i have the card, can't i get by without the stamp? (it's 200 miles away ... and with gas prices as they are... )

hope you're gonna get AOS soon to CaliforniaBride
Old Aug 27th 2005, 4:32 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

i only applied in march though..

Do i actually need the stamp - i mean if i have the card, can't i get by without the stamp? (it's 200 miles away ... and with gas prices as they are... )

hope you're gonna get AOS soon to CaliforniaBride
Hi Matt

That was quick! Wow! I applied in June and I have finally managed to get a biometrics appointment for next month. Hopefully everything will move along.

As far as I know you only need the stamp if you intend to travel abroad.