Strange RFE?

Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Rob1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Strange RFE?

What we got was 3 pages.

A letter stating that they had reviewed what we had sent and that we should see the next pages for what was missing (this had a barcode at the top and the work CHECKLIST next to it).

The second page was a cover sheet for us to use when we sent the 'required documents'.

And the third page, rather than being a checklist, was a nicely typed message:

'The NVC has received the requested Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230). However, we are still waiting for the Affidavit of Support form. Please submit the Affidavit of Support form according to the instructions on the Department of State website at the following address: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.'
Old Sep 18th 2012, 5:49 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egon
Sadly they do - the results of my London medical were lost and I had to get another done in the US at my expense. Annoying but not much I could do but get it done again.

Glad to hear you've made progress on your RFE
My husband had to do the same as well.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:16 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
My husband had to do the same as well.
Egon/Penginbar: Wow, this seems to beg the question, how were your visas issued without the medical, or is the medical actually needed for the visa? You were both K1 or CR1, right? Or I am missing something
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:28 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

A medical exam is required for both immigrant visas and K visas. If the visa medical report forms were lost, it happened after the visa was issued.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by RICH
Egon/Penginbar: Wow, this seems to beg the question, how were your visas issued without the medical, or is the medical actually needed for the visa? You were both K1 or CR1, right? Or I am missing something