Starting Our Journey

Old Aug 26th 2016, 5:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting Our Journey

It's way more than enough.

You only need to show the international portion of the flights.

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2016, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AU9518
... do you think this evidence seems enough from both of us.
It is way more than enough! You need to demonstrate only that you met once, face-to-face, in the previous two years... and there is no requirement to demonstrate an ongoing relationship! More is not better.

Ian
Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

AU9518 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's way more than enough.

You only need to show the international portion of the flights.

Rene
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It is way more than enough! You need to demonstrate only that you met once, face-to-face, in the previous two years... and there is no requirement to demonstrate an ongoing relationship! More is not better.

Ian
Is it bad to include all of that at this stage, is that level of evidence more required for his interview?
Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As Ian said, you only need a few pieces of evidence that you've met in person within the past 2 years. Passport stamps, flight tickets, and a few photos together will work.

Rene
Old Aug 26th 2016, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is it bad to include all of that at this stage...
I think it is, yes. You want to make it as easy as possible for the reviewing officer to go through your packet and approve it for processing. If he has to weed through extraneous and unnecessary evidence, you're not making it easy!

... is that level of evidence more required for his interview?
No - because, you need to demonstrate only that you met once, face-to-face, in the previous two years... and there is no requirement to demonstrate an ongoing relationship!

I've said this 3 times now and you seem to want to resist the advice. That's your choice, of course, but you really do not want to include more than is necessary.

Ian
Old Aug 28th 2016, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian I apologise the process just seems a bit overwhelming at times.

Going back to 34a Renee mentioned that it can be kept brief and mention "met online MM/YYYY and first met in person at (location) MM/YYYY" instead of using a supplemental sheet.

I have saw topics online of people getting RFE's for mentioning the word online as to prove they did not meet on a IMB site.

I also met my fiancé on Plenty of Fish a dating website which is not a IMB, yet again I have seen people get RFE's to request the likes of plenty of fish or OK Cupid were not IMB sites. Applicants responded by sending the terms and conditions of the site which stated this.

Do you think it is best to mention the site name and print off all the terms and conditions of POF?

It seems like if we say the term online or mention the site name we will be asked for a RFE either way?

Last edited by AU9518; Aug 28th 2016 at 8:12 am.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian I apologise the process just seems a bit overwhelming at times.

Going back to 34a Renee mentioned that it can be kept brief and mention "met online MM/YYYY and first met in person at (location) MM/YYYY" instead of using a supplemental sheet.

I have saw topics online of people getting RFE's for mentioning the word online as to prove they did not meet on a IMB site.

I also met my fiancé on Plenty of Fish a dating website which is not a IMB, yet again I have seen people get RFE's to request the likes of plenty of fish or OK Cupid were not IMB sites. Applicants responded by sending the terms and conditions of the site which stated this.

Do you think it is best to mention the site name and print off all the terms and conditions of POF?

It seems like if we say the term online or mention the site name we will be asked for a RFE either way?
In our statement my fiancée wrote "met online" and never eluded to what website and she never received RFE.

She did go a little further and had some bullet points below of the dates that we'd met in person and what location we met (either in the UK or her hometown).

The only time either of us was asked "what website?" Was at the interview.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

For ours my fiancé literally wrote:

Met in Denver through friends February 2014. Got engaged May 2016.

We didn't get an RFE and we just sent in two photos of us together (dated), copy's of passport stamps and that was it. (Obviously the required stuff too).
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:28 am

AU9518,

You have to do what's comfortable for you. If you feel more comfy giving a longer answer on an attached sheet, do so. If you feel more comfy providing more information, do that. Every person and every case is different.

Personally, I think you'll be fine doing as we suggest...but if that makes you nervous, then provide what you think is best.

One bit of advice. Do not compare your case with any others. Just because you see others getting an RFE does not mean you will. Just follow the instructions, provide what you think is best, and go with the flow after that. Heck, you might include everything but the kitchen sink and still get an RFE because USCIS lost one of your documents (yes, that could happen).

I suggest keeping it brief, don't include any backup as to the site (go ahead and name the site if you want), and stop reading about what happened to others and believing it will happen to you.

You have a long way to go still. You can't obsess like this.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
In our statement my fiancée wrote "met online" and never eluded to what website and she never received RFE.

She did go a little further and had some bullet points below of the dates that we'd met in person and what location we met (either in the UK or her hometown).

The only time either of us was asked "what website?" Was at the interview.
Hi Tom thanks for the reply

When your fiance wrote met online did she include that statement in an attachment sheet or was it kept brief with 1 or 2 sentences on the i-129f form.

Originally Posted by BenK91
For ours my fiancé literally wrote:

Met in Denver through friends February 2014. Got engaged May 2016.

We didn't get an RFE and we just sent in two photos of us together (dated), copy's of passport stamps and that was it. (Obviously the required stuff too).
I see, I am trying to keep our package straight forward and simple but have seen stories regarding RFE's with dating websites.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:31 am

Stop reading those stories. Even if it happens to you, it's no big deal. If USCIS wants more info, you send it in. It's best to include less, and let them ask for more if they want it, rather than trying to guess what they'll send an RFE for ahead of time.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2016, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

When your fiance wrote met online did she include that statement in an attachment sheet or was it kept brief with 1 or 2 sentences on the i-129f form
It was done on a separate piece of paper. It was only a few lines though - It doesn't need to be a novel. A quick sentence saying met online on xx date. Then we went on to meet in person these times[list of times].

We followed the I-129F instructions regarding continuation sheets.

As Rene said, don't get bogged down in other peoples petitions. Also, a lot of the horror stories you may have read are likely petitions where the beneficiary is in a high risk and high fraud country.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

As said above, if you get an RFE it's really not the end of the world. If you have a legitimate relationship etc then you'll have no trouble answering whatever they've addressed in the RFE.

Again, as Tom said I read a lot of horror stories online and it made us very nervous but I soon realised 9/10 of those horror stories were from high risk countries. Get the package put together using the instructions and checklists you have and double check it all and send it off.

If you get an an RFE deal with it when it arrives. I was in the same position as you not all that long ago and it's really not the horrific/scary process that it seems to be!

Best of luck
Old Aug 28th 2016, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

I see, I am trying to keep our package straight forward and simple but have seen stories regarding RFE's with dating websites.
Sheila and I met online in 1997 - when it wasn't yet a fashionable thing to do... and it was never an issue. US immigration is not interested in how you came to know each other. That is not a requirement, and never has been.

You need to demonstrate only that you met once, face-to-face, in the previous two years. Beyond meeting that requirement, everything else is irrelevant.

Really - don't make this more difficult for yourself than it is.

Ian
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian you are all right I just need to relax more and let it be.

Last edited by AU9518; Aug 28th 2016 at 4:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.