Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is St.Paul INS office still doing EAD?

Is St.Paul INS office still doing EAD?

Old Feb 13th 2003, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future
Default Is St.Paul INS office still doing EAD?

I was told that St.Paul INS doesnt do EAD anymore. Is this true? What is the timeline for AOS in this office. National Customer hotline recorded info still says it takes just 5 months. But looks like my case is going to take more that 18 months. Has this happened to someone else? Please post your views.
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:02 pm
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is St.Paul INS office still doing EAD?

Originally posted by needhelp
I was told that St.Paul INS doesnt do EAD anymore. Is this true? What is the timeline for AOS in this office. National Customer hotline recorded info still says it takes just 5 months. But looks like my case is going to take more that 18 months. Has this happened to someone else? Please post your views.
Hi NeedHelp,

Where in Minny are you? We filed my hubby's paperwork at St. Paul. When were you told they were no longer doing EAD's there?

We got Dave's EAD in November at St. Paul with not much hassle. It took a whole day (we waited 8 hours), but he got the card before we left.

As for AOS, again, we filed in November and haven't heard anything since, but the receipt "letter" they gave him said his case was up for review in March. We'll see...

We also applied for SSN in St. Paul and THAT has taken forever. Was supposed to be 60 days, has actually been 90 and still no answers.

Good luck!

Angela
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit
Hi NeedHelp,

Where in Minny are you? We filed my hubby's paperwork at St. Paul. When were you told they were no longer doing EAD's there?

We got Dave's EAD in November at St. Paul with not much hassle. It took a whole day (we waited 8 hours), but he got the card before we left.

As for AOS, again, we filed in November and haven't heard anything since, but the receipt "letter" they gave him said his case was up for review in March. We'll see...

We also applied for SSN in St. Paul and THAT has taken forever. Was supposed to be 60 days, has actually been 90 and still no answers.

Good luck!

Angela

Hello
Thanks for your reply. I filed my AOS in September and got my EAD. But one of my friend who went to St. Paul office some time in January told me that they are no longer doing EAD. I just wanted to make sure if this is true.
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:11 pm
unDAUNTEd

Hello
Thanks for your reply. I filed my AOS in September and got my EAD. But one of my friend who went to St. Paul office some time in January told me that they are no longer doing EAD. I just wanted to make sure if this is true.

Hmmm...interesting. I guess we just made it then since we got his in November.

Why do you say it will take 18 mos to process your AOS? Just curious...

Ang
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

St. Paul office has been told to do more security back up checks before they approve AOS. It distrubutes its workload to Fargo, Sioux Falls and Rapid city. When my friend went there to find out about the status of the case, they told him it would take 18 months from the date of filing. Sioux Falls office takes about two years from the date of filing. And Fargo office takes one year. If you live in Minnesota your file will still be in St. Paul and takes atleast 18 months. That is what we found out and want to know what we found is true. Any idea?
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:28 pm
unDAUNTEd

St. Paul office has been told to do more security back up checks before they approve AOS. It distrubutes its workload to Fargo, Sioux Falls and Rapid city. When my friend went there to find out about the status of the case, they told him it would take 18 months from the date of filing. Sioux Falls office takes about two years from the date of filing. And Fargo office takes one year. If you live in Minnesota your file will still be in St. Paul and takes atleast 18 months. That is what we found out and want to know what we found is true. Any idea?
Ohmigod. 18 months?? That's disgraceful.

I guess I can't really say either way as we just filed in November and are still waiting to hear something/anything. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought 18 months though.

How long did it take you to get your SSN after you received your EAD?

Ang
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

I already had my SSN because I was in H1b and F1 visas before I filed AOS. It took me just one week to get SSN with H1b status. You might want to do some research and find out the truth about the timeline of AOS and post it here. Good luck to you.
Old Feb 13th 2003, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD in SP

I remember seeing a notice at the INS in St Paul last November about no longer processing EAD Renewls. Was this what your friend was trying to do? I would think they would still accept the application as part of an AOS package.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 1:47 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

If there not doing EAD renewals & you still havent had your AOS meeting & your first 1 year EAD expires what do you do?
Old Feb 14th 2003, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
If there not doing EAD renewals & you still havent had your AOS meeting & your first 1 year EAD expires what do you do?
It is no big deal...you can file in nebraska service centre.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 8:24 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

It is no big deal...you can file in nebraska service centre.

I didn't know that. Thanks