Reload this Page >

Spouse visa extension concern

Spouse visa extension concern

Old Feb 28th 2021, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

jazzk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa extension concern

Hello everyone,

It's been 2.5 years and we're in the process of completing our extending our spouse visa. My husband meets the financial requirement but I am concerned as he never got around to changing his mailing address on his pay slips from his old job. He started his job when he was still living in his family home and after marriage obviously, we moved in together however he didn't change the address to our new place. I'm thinking we need to explain this throughly in our letter of support. Has anyone experienced this and how concerned should I be?
Old Mar 1st 2021, 3:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa extension concern

Are you removing conditions?

If so there is no letter of support, the I 864 initially filed when you became a LPR continues.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 3:05 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE.

You say your are in the process of obtaining a spouse visa but then you also say you live together. Do you live together in the USA? If so, what is your status in the USA?

As long as your husband is filing his tax returns and puts his correct address on all the USCIS forms, it shouldn't matter what address is on the pay slips.

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2021, 3:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi and welcome to BE.

You say your are in the process of obtaining a spouse visa but then you also say you live together. Do you live together in the USA? If so, what is your status in the USA?

As long as your husband is filing his tax returns and puts his correct address on all the USCIS forms, it shouldn't matter what address is on the pay slips.

Rene
I may be wrong but the OP's mention of extending a spouse visa after 2.5 years, plus meeting financial requirements, seems to indicate that they're talking about a UK spouse visa. Hopefully they'll clarify and if it's a UK visa the thread can be moved.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 3:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I may be wrong but the OP's mention of extending a spouse visa after 2.5 years, plus meeting financial requirements, seems to indicate that they're talking about a UK spouse visa. Hopefully they'll clarify and if it's a UK visa the thread can be moved.
Knowing nothing about the UK process that would seem much more logical.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

This post should be in the moving back to UK forum - it's about extending the initial spouse visa.....