Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Spouse VISA - Couple of questions

Spouse VISA - Couple of questions

Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

vinny048 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse VISA - Couple of questions

I am about to apply to bring my wife over from India, whilst filling in the application with my solicitor she mentioned my wife would need to have a medical examination.

My question is does my wife need to arrange this herself or would the UKBA arrange this for her?

Also does anyone know the reason why the UKBA don't not allow self employment earnings to be combined with cash savings?

Thanks
Vinny
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:05 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spouse VISA - Couple of questions

medical is as follows:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...les/appendixt/

Self employment and cash reasons are given in the guidance:
"9.3.9. Current cash savings cannot be combined with income under Category F or Category G. The only practical and fair means of evidencing income from self-employment or as a director of a specified limited company in the UK involves the provision of information and documentation relating to tax returns. Therefore, all the income that is counted towards the financial requirement is drawn from the last one or two full financial years. It would not be appropriate to combine that past income with current cash savings held at the date of application. To do so would not be an accurate indicator of the real level of financial resources available to the couple. It could also lead to the same money being counted twice, once as earnings and later as savings."
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The applicant pays for the medical examination. Since your wife is from India they will be screening her for TB.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...dance/ecg/med/

UKBA will refer you to an approved practitioner.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...les/appendixt/
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:29 am
Just Joined

vinny048 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies, that's great. I don't need to worry about arranging a medical.

I now see the explanation re self employed earnings saying they could be counted twice. That fine but I suppose you could argue employed earnings put into savings could be counted twice.

It baffles me how they come to such decisions.

Thanks again
Vinny