Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Spouse Attending Interview for CR-1

Spouse Attending Interview for CR-1

Old Jul 9th 2015, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Mairen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Attending Interview for CR-1

Hello! me and my husband have nearly reached the end of our journey with this process and have our interview scheduled for the 21st. He'd like for me to attend with him (I'm the US citizen), but I could not find any website or link that directs me to how/where we contact the embassy to get me on the "guest list" for that day. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks so much
Old Jul 9th 2015, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Attending Interview for CR-1

Originally Posted by Mairen
I could not find any website or link that directs me to how/where we contact the embassy to get me on the "guest list" for that day.
You're right, there is no specific link for that. Use the general contact us form for the request.

Ian
Old Jul 9th 2015, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If you take a quick look at this thread I created when I went through the CR-1 process via DCF, you'll see how I handled it and find some supporting documents which may help you out. Just scroll down to the section '02 March 2013 -- Interview Appointment Letter Received'

While it was a fairly seamless process for me, I remember others posting about arrival at the embassy and their spouse not being on the list as planned. You may want to have a quick look at how you can handle that, just in case.

Hope it helps,
Rich.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

sarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond reputesarahincos has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's interview (for CR-1) is on the 14th, and it took them 4 days to respond. I've printed out the e-mail they sent which said this:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your spouse’s name has been added to the access list for the date in question. Please advise her to provide a form of government issued photo ID for verification purposes, such as a passport. You may ask for assistance regarding wheelchair access when arriving at the Embassy.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit"

Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2015, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

sparkleandglitter is an unknown quantity at this point

Also - I didn't get a reply when I submitted my request on the online form.
If you don't get acknowledgement, for your peace of mind, chase them up after a week using the online form and make sure that they have added them. They replied within 24 hours to my enquiry about whether he had been added. They also advised me that he would need to bring photo ID such as his US passport.
Thanks @sarahincos - I'm going to follow your advice and print out the email.
Also - @richbogle84 that is a great thread - I wish I'd seen it earlier! Are you enjoying life in SLC? My in-laws live in Sandy so I go there a lot!
Old Jul 10th 2015, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Mairen is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so much guys! we used that online form and they had added me within a matter of hours. (must have been a slow day at the office yesterday, hehehe).