British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/spousal-visa-medical-photos-how-many-782317/)

Longhorn Jan 3rd 2013 7:10 am

Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many?

Morning folks

I'm in the process of applying for a spousal visa through the US Consulate here in London.

I had my medical just before Christmas and results should now be back back with the consulate. At the time of the medical, I had to provide an ID photo to the specification of the US state department. This photo was stapled to a consular form by the doctor and they asked me to sign it half on the photo, half on the form.

The check list states that two such photos are needed - my question is this: do I need two photos again for the interview or is the one used at the medical counted as one of the two required photos?

Since the photo shop I went to provides them in pairs, I have one left, but I'm concerned that two are still needed for the process.

Getting another photo is not difficult, but after Christmas I'm loathe to spend £20 on another two such photos if this is not necessary.

Any advice and first hand experience on this much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

J

PS. Wish me luck for the interview!

civilservant Jan 3rd 2013 7:47 am

Re: Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many?

£20??? Mine cost £8 (for 4) from a photobooth in my local ASDA that specifically does visa sized photos.

Noorah101 Jan 3rd 2013 3:25 pm

Play it safe and get two more done. Bring those two to the visa interview.

Rene

martincr Jan 8th 2013 11:39 am

Definitely get two more.
I got caught out on this at the US Embassy. I had to get change from the guy selling the refreshments and pay £6(?) or so to use the machine in the lobby.
Luckily it was working.

civilservant Jan 8th 2013 11:43 am

Having submitted all the forms I've got 4 left, 2 for the medical, 2 for the interview. Hoping that's enough.

DMC87 Jan 9th 2013 2:55 pm

I got two the day before my interview and they didn't ask for them! They used the two UK ones I submitted in the end. Best to have them in case.

DavidLemon Jan 9th 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Longhorn (Post 10461269)
after Christmas I'm loathe to spend £20 on another two such photos if this is not necessary.

If you think of the bigger picture, 20 pounds is a small and worthy investment.