Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many?

Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many?

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Longhorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many?

Morning folks

I'm in the process of applying for a spousal visa through the US Consulate here in London.

I had my medical just before Christmas and results should now be back back with the consulate. At the time of the medical, I had to provide an ID photo to the specification of the US state department. This photo was stapled to a consular form by the doctor and they asked me to sign it half on the photo, half on the form.

The check list states that two such photos are needed - my question is this: do I need two photos again for the interview or is the one used at the medical counted as one of the two required photos?

Since the photo shop I went to provides them in pairs, I have one left, but I'm concerned that two are still needed for the process.

Getting another photo is not difficult, but after Christmas I'm loathe to spend £20 on another two such photos if this is not necessary.

Any advice and first hand experience on this much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

J

PS. Wish me luck for the interview!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal visa, Medical and photos: how many?

£20??? Mine cost £8 (for 4) from a photobooth in my local ASDA that specifically does visa sized photos.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Play it safe and get two more done. Bring those two to the visa interview.

Rene
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:39 am
Just Joined

martincr is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely get two more.
I got caught out on this at the US Embassy. I had to get change from the guy selling the refreshments and pay £6(?) or so to use the machine in the lobby.
Luckily it was working.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:43 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Having submitted all the forms I've got 4 left, 2 for the medical, 2 for the interview. Hoping that's enough.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

DMC87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got two the day before my interview and they didn't ask for them! They used the two UK ones I submitted in the end. Best to have them in case.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longhorn
after Christmas I'm loathe to spend £20 on another two such photos if this is not necessary.
If you think of the bigger picture, 20 pounds is a small and worthy investment.