Spousal Visa

Old Aug 6th 2001, 9:50 pm
Bambi57

My US citizen husband and I were recently married in my home country which is in
central America. My husband has to return to the US and I would like to accompany him
we hope to file a spousal visa, so that I can remain in the US with him. I am in
possession of a tourist visa to the US. Will this cause any problems with my
adjustment of status? Thanks, bambi

Old Aug 8th 2001, 9:26 pm
Shelley

Before you leave you should see if your home country does DCF filing - much faster
than filing for adjustment in the US. As for using the tourist visa, there is a good
chance that you could be denied entry to the US because you are now married to a USC
and have immigrant intent. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 9th 2001, 4:09 pm
Bambi57

I have made inquiries. The consulate in my country does not do DCF. My tourist visa
was obtained before my recent marriage. Would it be an offence to conceal my marriage
at the point of entry, if I am not questioned directly about it? I have entered the
US before on a tourist visa before without a problem. Thanks, Bambi

>
much
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My US citizen husband and I were recently married in my home country which is in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > central America. My husband has to return to the US and I would like to accompany[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > him we hope to file a spousal visa, so that I can remain in the US with him. I am[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in possession of a tourist visa to the US. Will this cause any problems with my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > adjustment of status? Thanks, bambi[/usenetquote2]

Old Aug 10th 2001, 5:43 am
Shelley

I really don't know the answer - and I can't seem to find any on the web pages I used
for help when my husband immigrated (he was a K-1er) Try posting at
alt.visa.us.marriage-based The experts there will have the answer to your question
I'm sure. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
offence
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Before you leave you should see if your home country does DCF filing -[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > faster than filing for adjustment in the US. As for using the tourist visa, there[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is a good chance that you could be denied entry to the US because you are now[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > married to a USC and have immigrant intent. Take Care. Shelley[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > My US citizen husband and I were recently married in my home country which is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > in central America. My husband has to return to the US and I would like to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > accompany him we hope to file a spousal visa, so that I can remain in the US[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > with him. I am in possession of a tourist visa to the US. Will this cause any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > problems with my adjustment of status? Thanks, bambi[/usenetquote2]

Old Aug 12th 2001, 5:32 pm
James Donovan

"bambi57" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

No it won't. But if they do ask you, you are best off not lying to them. It will come
back to haunt you on later when you're up for the interview. I have 2 friends (a
married couple) who were married for a few years, and the wife (non USC) recently (2
years ago) came to the US on a tourist visa, overstayed and went out of status
subsequently (I don't know WHY she did that though), filed papers, and everything
went smoothly, and she got her passport stamped last month.

If they don't ask at the port of entry, don't volunteer information.