Nicole

Old Dec 15th 2002, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

gracejilly is an unknown quantity at this point

yep it was me.

Submitted to VSC 12/3
Received 12/4
Check Cashed 12/13

See what comes in the mail this week. Good Luck.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

loveabrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gracejilly
yep it was me.

Submitted to VSC 12/3
Received 12/4
Check Cashed 12/13

See what comes in the mail this week. Good Luck.
i was excited too when they cashed my check at NSC...unfortunately, I still waiting for an approval since 7/9/02!
Hopefully you two will be luckier!
Best wishes-T.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:45 am
Agsoba83

Default Re: Some progress at VSC!

I guess they're alway eager to cash the check, but it's just the wait
from the first NOA to the approval that is killing.

"Nicole E. Cassara" wrote in message news:...
    > Finally, something to report . . .
    >
    > 12/2 I-129F submitted
    > 12/3 I-129F received by VSC
    > 12/13 VSC cashed my check!!!
    >
    > I guess the first NOA won't be too far behind. As someone else on this
    > board stated (I think it was gracejilly) I've never been happier to see
    > money taken from my account.
    >
    > Nicole

Old Dec 16th 2002, 10:50 am
Just Joined

aminaluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vermont center approval

hi guys
i wanted to let you kow that my petition at the vermont center was approved and i am still praying for the rest of you
10/30 sent petition
12/16 approval
Ami
Old Dec 16th 2002, 1:06 pm
Elizabeth Murphy

me too!!!

11/27/2002 mailed I-129F
11/29/2002 vsc recieved it
12/13/2002 ins cashed my check ( I agree it was an exciting feeling to
have them take my money!)
12/16/2002 got my 1st NOA today!!!!!!!!!

i will continue to pray for all of us in this phase of the process.

elizabeth

Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: vermont center approval

wonderful news. Merry Christmas to you
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:31 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Agsoba83
I'm not sure if “eagerness� is the only (or most accurate… personally I think it’s the logical thing to do) way to look at it, but yes, part of the standard procedure is for them to receive your submission at the mailroom and send it through the presorting section (usually referred to a slit and peek because they slit open the package and peek inside). I think it’s at presorting, or at least at the next section called the sorting section where the check is removed and prepared for deposit.

One of the things they stamp on the check is the Service Center case number (For example, for Vermont they use an EAC number, and it is at this stage where the case is first assigned it’s Service Center case number), and that case number naturally follows the case through the INS stage of the process. I would think that assigning the case number early on in the process is a logical decision to make, and I also think it would make sense to make sure that check is credited to the proper case; so it makes sense to me that they would want to process the check at the same time as the assignment of the Service Center case number.

Also, there is the fact that processing the check early on in the process will allow time for the check to bounce (if its going to bounce) "before" they finish working for the petitioner and finish processing the case. Again, makes sense to me (but hey, that's just me).

Of course, this will be different than a private business that provides a service. When I use the McDonald's drive through window, they take my order and start cooking my food before I've actually paid for it (but of course they make me pay for it before they hand it over to me). When I instead go inside and place my order at the counter at McDonalds, they take it a step further and only start putting my order together once I’ve handed them the money (preparing the order and collecting payment usually happens simultaneously).

Good luck with your case.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:31 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Agsoba83
I'm not sure if “eagerness� is the only (or most accurate… personally I think it’s the logical thing to do) way to look at it (after all, "they" don't even get to keep the money), but yes, part of the standard procedure is for them to receive your submission at the mailroom and send it through the presorting section (usually referred to a slit and peek because they slit open the package and peek inside). I think it’s at presorting, or at least at the next section called the sorting section where the check is removed and prepared for deposit.

One of the things they stamp on the check is the Service Center case number (For example, for Vermont they use an EAC number, and it is at this stage where the case is first assigned it’s Service Center case number), and that case number naturally follows the case through the INS stage of the process. I would think that assigning the case number early on in the process is a logical decision to make, and I also think it would make sense to make sure that check is credited to the proper case; so it makes sense to me that they would want to process the check at the same time as the assignment of the Service Center case number.

Also, there is the fact that processing the check early on in the process will allow time for the check to bounce (if its going to bounce) "before" they finish working for the petitioner and finish processing the case. Again, makes sense to me (but hey, that's just me).

Of course, this will be different than a private business that provides a service. When I use the McDonald's drive through window, they take my order and start cooking my food before I've actually paid for it (but of course they make me pay for it before they hand it over to me). When I instead go inside and place my order at the counter at McDonalds, they take it a step further and only start putting my order together once I’ve handed them the money (preparing the order and collecting payment usually happens simultaneously).

Good luck with your case.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:34 pm
Nicole E. Cassara

Elizabeth -- why not add your timeline to this website:

http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php

I think I got the link right.

Congrats on the NOA1, I'm hoping for mine this week.

Just think, hopefully soon we'll be like the others on this board,
sharing happy stories of approvals, interviews. POE's, and more. . .

Elizabeth Murphy wrote:
    > me too!!!
    >
    > 11/27/2002 mailed I-129F
    > 11/29/2002 vsc recieved it
    > 12/13/2002 ins cashed my check ( I agree it was an exciting feeling to
    > have them take my money!)
    > 12/16/2002 got my 1st NOA today!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > i will continue to pray for all of us in this phase of the process.
    >
    > elizabeth
    >

Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

you are a little scary sometimes Matt. but always nice to read your comments.

Thanks for your best wishes
Old Dec 16th 2002, 2:52 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Aminaluv said: hi guys

i wanted to let you kow that my petition at the vermont center approved and i am still praying for the rest of you
10/30 sent petition
12/16 approval

Elizabeth Murphy said:me too!!!

11/27/2002 mailed I-129F
11/29/2002 vsc recieved it
12/13/2002 ins cashed my check ( I agree it was an exciting feeling to
have them take my money!)
12/16/2002 got my 1st NOA today!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who's seeing movement at VSC!!

Don't forget to post your timelines here: Dave Hollis' K1 Processing Times

I checked out the list today, and saw that another VSC couple -- Kenneth & Melody (US-Philippines) -- was approved today. Their first NOA was Nov 1 -- a day after ours!!

Mark and I still haven't heard anything, but he *finally* got his police certificate in the post today, so that's some good news. (It took 54 days, even though he was supposed to get it within 40 days.) Hopefully the recent VSC approvals (with receipt notices close to ours) means our approval is just around the corner...

~ Jenney
Old Dec 16th 2002, 3:02 pm
Banned

Originally posted by gracejilly
you are a little scary sometimes Matt. but always nice to read your comments.

Thanks for your best wishes
I guess my posting wasn't that earth shattering, Grace, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I always think it’s worthwhile to remind people (especially newbies who might not have thought about this before) that they are "not" dealing with a private business. The agency they are dealing with is "not" in it for profit, and the INS does not even keep the filing fees (but rather, Congress funds them, or should I say "underfunds" them).

Glad to see the rain has let up here in Pasadena. It was really coming down hard, and I've discovered that the second room of my office apparently developed quite a number of leaks in the roof since last winter. I have a few vessels collecting the water droplets. Not too much of a mess, but rather inconvenient.

M.U.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 3:23 pm
Nicole E. Cassara

CONGRATULATIONS!

There has been so much happy news on this board over the last few days!!

aminaluv wrote:
    > hi guys
    > i wanted to let you kow that my petition at the vermont center was
    > approved and i am still praying for the rest of you
    > 10/30 sent petition
    > 12/16 approval
    > Ami
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 16th 2002, 5:14 pm
KMT
Forum Regular

KMT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nicole E. Cassara
Finally, something to report . . .

12/2 I-129F submitted
12/3 I-129F received by VSC
12/13 VSC cashed my check!!!

I guess the first NOA won't be too far behind. As someone else on this
board stated (I think it was gracejilly) I've never been happier to see
money taken from my account.

Nicole

__________________________________________________ __________

Also with me. Except I sent in a money order. I sent in the Petition the 19th of November, rec'd on the 20th, recieved my first notification on the 28th of November. Recpt. is dated on the 26th. I hope we all have a good luck and a speedy process. Keep up the positive thinking.
best wishes!

KMT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.