SO ANNOYED & upset

Old Sep 15th 2002, 2:49 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down SO ANNOYED & upset

I was just looking over the copies of the I-129F (K-1) I sent in, and realized i FORGOT to write that M. has no social security number. I did write "none" on the G-325A, but NOT on the actual petition.

I will be beyond pissed (mostly at myself) if I wait for 5 months to get an NOA from Nebraska, only to find that they send my petition back asking me to write "none" in for the social security number! Does this happen? Will they do this? It seems like I read somewhere that they WILL do this. Has it happened to anybody else?

It's really irritating because we waited a long time to send that in, mostly due to financial reasons. I feel so stupid.

Old Sep 15th 2002, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

beershake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SO ANNOYED & upset

I dont know if this will make you feel any better, but we had forgotten to write NONE for the A-number on our I-130 petition. And it did get approved without any problems. I think it depends on the person who processes it.

If you left it blank, they should be able to figure out that you don't have one.
Old Sep 15th 2002, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mca:
I was just looking over the copies of the I-129F (K-1) I sent in, and realized i FORGOT to write that M. has no social security number. I did write "none" on the G-325A, but NOT on the actual petition.

I will be beyond pissed (mostly at myself) if I wait for 5 months to get an NOA from Nebraska, only to find that they send my petition back asking me to write "none" in for the social security number! Does this happen? Will they do this? It seems like I read somewhere that they WILL do this. Has it happened to anybody else?

It's really irritating because we waited a long time to send that in, mostly due to financial reasons. I feel so stupid.

No reason to feel stupid. So you missed a box on the I-129F. The worse thing to happen would be an RFE. The best scenario is that the person assigned your petition will realize that the foreign fiancee does not have a social security number because it is mentioned on the G-325A.

Rete
Old Sep 15th 2002, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

i think that is a minor thing that should cause you no problem, unlike mine for which i completely missread question 12 and didnt send in our previous divorce papers, thus i believe it has resulted in an RFE, so dont worry i dont think they will send back the paperwork for such a very small thing, good luck to you both
Old Sep 16th 2002, 5:54 am
Toby Everett

mca <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was just looking over the copies of the I-129F (K-1) I sent in, and
    > realized i FORGOT to write that M. has no social security number. I did
    > write "none" on the G-325A, but NOT on the actual petition.
Don't worry - I forgot as well (mostly because the fillable form
version only allows numeric input in that field, thus making it rather
difficult to enter "None", which means it has to be added by hand
after the forms print).

We were approved without any problem. Hopefully they'll be similarly
understanding in your case.

My guess is that they're much more worried about making sure you enter
"None" in fields where they might want to take you to court for fraud
if you lied. For instance, stating "None" for the offspring fields
when there are known offspring would be fraud. On the other hand,
they might have a hard time making the case in court that you
knowingly committed fraud if you simply left the fields blank - since
you made no explicit assertion that there were no offspring, they
would have a harder time prosecuting. That would explain why they can
be so insistent on using the term "None" for some of the fields.

--Toby Everett

Old Sep 16th 2002, 3:56 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Toby Everett:
Don't worry - I forgot as well (mostly because the fillable form
version only allows numeric input in that field, thus making it ratherdifficult to enter "None", which means it has to be added by hand after the forms print).
Thanks guys. Toby, yes, that's the same reason I forgot to write it in.

Now I have other bad news, namely, that I'll have lost my job by December. I don't know what's going to happen now, especially with that affidavit of support. I'm so upset I could cry, since obtaining, or actually, retaining this job, was the reason I finally sent in the petition. January would have made it a year and blah blah blah, now I don't know what to do.

I know this isn't really the place for it, but it seems like everything's going wrong, and I just have to vent somewhere.

Well, anyway, thanks for your words of encouragement, beershake, Rete, mrsstrickland, Toby.

Off to sit in the corner and sulk now,
mca

(no, not really, but bleh ...)