S'me again!

Old Oct 20th 2002, 7:11 am
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking S'me again!

Hey, everyone!!!! Told ya I'd be back!!
I'm a bit of a virgin when it comes to all this K1 Fiance Visa malarky, but my blokey and I are 31 days into our waiting for approval from Texas, and it's all a little nail-biting!! I check our status on the INS website about 5 times a day!!!
Anyway, so far, everything's going swimmingly, but I see how many people have questions about the pitfalls and things to avoid doing. Here's a corker!!!!

If you phone the INS helpline for your case status, do not, I repeat DO NOT type the wrong case number in. Me being the dillis that I am, I did, and got someone else's case status who'd been approved. I nearly fainted when I heard "approved". I phoned my betrothed, I screamed, he screamed, I cried, he cried. After the initial excitement, I phoned the helpline again, and it was back to 60-90 days. I was like, "Eh?". Then I realised my mistake, and screamed and cried again, but for different reasons this time!
What a prat I am. Did that give you a laugh in this nightmare they call K1? I hope so!!

Anyway, for those going through TSC/London, here's what we've done so far:

30th Aug: Sent off form for police cert. (Do not give your passport to the officer to send off. The man behind the desk said he couldn't send the form without it, but this is rubbish. That's the whole point of going into the police station in the first place. Think he must've been related to me, bless him!!)
Also sent off for first set of forms from London embassy.

16th Sep: Fiance sent I129-F petition to Texas via UPS.

20th Sep: Phoned Data Protection as I still hadn't received my passport back. They said the officer in question would get a telling off as he wasn't supposed to take it, and it "got lost" in their system.

22nd Sep: Nice police officer dropped my passport at my house and apologised a lot.

24th Sep: Hadn't got forms from London yet. so I emailed a reminder. They're very good if you keep on top of things with them via email.

25th Sep: Fiance received first NOA dated back to 18th Sep. Got embassy forms I originally sent off for. Then another set was sent two days after my email reminder. Hmmmm.....post or email...which is quicker?

27th Sep: Got my police cert through the mail. It says I'm a good girl, and haven't done anything naughty. Yay!!!!

30th Sep: Sent my forms off to London via special delivery and asked them to open a provisional file using our NOA receipt number.

1st Oct: Tracked forms on Royal Mail site, and London had received them.

11th Oct: No word from London, so I emailed to find out if they'd even looked at my file, and they said they had a backlog, and to try next week.

16th Oct: Reminded London about my file. They got back to me the next day and gave me my (provisional) file number. Hurrah for email!!!

Anyway, that's all we've done so far, and I've waffled for long enough. But if anyone has any TSC/London success stories, I'd love to hear about them, and your timelines.

Ta ta for now!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2002, 10:32 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S'me again!

Ta ta for now!!!!!!! [/SIZE][/QUOTE] Anyway, for those going through TSC/London, here's what we've done so far:

Hi!

Thank you for posting your timeline and experiences. Although my fiance and I are not in a position to send the I-129f yet (we are still waiting for final divorce papers), we are avidly following other people's experiences. It really does help us believe we will get there one day! We are also going through Texas and London. Good luck with the next stage!

Debbie
Old Oct 20th 2002, 4:01 pm
Scarlett

>We are also going through Texas and London. Good luck with
    >the next stage!

Texas and London seem a very good combination for getting things done quick. My
fiancé and I also had to wait ages for final divorce decree and it drove us mad
but since then everything has moved fast through both Texas and London.

All the best with your application.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 20th 2002, 6:54 pm
Leslie

We are going the TSC/London route as well. You're a bit ahead of us
though.

October 7,2002 - sent I-129F petition off to TSC
Pete (my fiance) emailed the London Embassy and asked
for a
packet since I had applied for the petition.

October 9,2002 - TSC received petition

October 18, 2002 - Received first NOA from TSC

Pete didn't waste anytime with his packet and sent it right back to
the Embassy as soon as he could and asked that the opened a
provisional file. He also immediately applied for the Police
Certificate and is waiting on that currently.

What's the INS addy where you are checking on line? Can you track
individual cases? All I have so far is a receipt number. Also, did you
ask the TSC to cable the Embassy? That should speed things up a little
bit.

Good Luck!

Leslie

Old Oct 20th 2002, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the INS addy where you are checking on line? Can you track
individual cases? All I have so far is a receipt number. Also, did you
ask the TSC to cable the Embassy? That should speed things up a little
bit.

Hey Leslie!!

Good to start getting a jump on things right away. No use in delaying anything you can do now.

Here's the address for your case status: (I hope to god it comes out right....I've never done this before!! )

https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp

You type in your INS receipt number, (13 digits) and it'll tell you how long your case is taking. It's exactly the same info as the phoneline, so it's worth using the site to save you cash.

I can't tell you about the cabling I'm afraid. But London did say that I could send them our original approval notice rather than wait for Texas to send our file, then they could schedule an interview on the basis of the notice. A lot of people seem to think it's a waste of time asking them to cable it, because there's no way of knowing if they actually do that, and it hasn't helped some people. Not 100% on that though.

Give me a yell if I can help with anything else.

And best of luck!!!!!!!!

Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx