she's arriving thursday!!! woo hoo

Wikiposts

she's arriving thursday!!! woo hoo

Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Gerd M. Rausch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: from outside the U.S. :)

Originally posted by Endymion
It would be so damn easy for me to import my fiancé into "my" country- and yet so damn tough for him to get adjusted to a place where he would neither speak nor understand the language... Having to struggle with my command of English myself, I just know what I am talking about- yet, another "sacrifice" that is well worth being made
Good point. But it can be fun to learn another language too.
Of course that depends on one's level of comfort with new adventures and uncertainties.
Maybe I'm just completely screwed, I can't even imagine anymore
living at one place for a long stretch of time ;-)
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:05 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: she's arriving thursday!!! woo hoo

Life is full of choices. I have no issue with the choices you've made. Do you have an issue with the choice I've made? You're dancing around something here, and I'm not sure what exactly that is.

Leslie

Originally posted by Gerd M. Rausch
Whether you wait for the actual event of marriage or afterwards.
My point is: you guys are separated and have to wait.
This is a choice you may or may not have.
My wife and I decided not to "honour" the whole process by
submitting ourselves to it. We happily left the U.S. 8-)
It's a choice you have but usually is not mentioned here,
that's my whole point.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Whether you wait for the actual event of marriage or afterwards.
My point is: you guys are separated and have to wait.
This is a choice you may or may not have.
My wife and I decided not to "honour" the whole process by
submitting ourselves to it. We happily left the U.S. 8-)
It's a choice you have but usually is not mentioned here,
that's my whole point.
Not really much of a choice when you consider ties to family, friends, house, job, etc.

Sure, people can up and leave the whole lot and start a fresh in a new country, but is that actually a better option?

I am glad that you found the right route for you but it is down to each individual in the end. I am sure if there was an alternative for most of us, we'd seriously consider taking it.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Life is full of choices. I have no issue with the choices you've made. Do you have an issue with the choice I've made? You're dancing around something here, and I'm not sure what exactly that is.

Leslie
You took the words out of my mouth, Leslie.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Great minds think alike.

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
You took the words out of my mouth, Leslie.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Gerd M. Rausch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Karen D
Sure, people can up and leave the whole lot and start a fresh in a new country, but is that actually a better option?
Since the forum is about cross-country couples
(otherwise we wouldn't have the visa issue),
one person always has to start fresh in another country.
The question is: who gets to stay and who gets to leave.
This decision is not always an easy one to be made,
and not always ends up in favoring the U.S.
That said, of course this forum is mostly for those who
already decided to reside in the U.S.
I guess I'm a stranger in the wrong forum then, eh?
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

of course this forum is mostly for those who
If you and your wife have already left the US, why are you taking an interest in this forum?
As Hong Kong Fooey used to say "Could Be..."
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

As you well know, this is a US-marriage based forum. (otherwise you wouldn't be here)
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:30 am
WTF?

I think you realize you are in the US Marriage Based Visas forum. It's there at the top of your computer screen. You stated earlier you "that you read that a lot on this forum". So you know what we're here for and the place we are all operating from. I'm not saying your point isn't valid. I just wonder why you chose to make it, in a thread where someone was celebrating a milestone in their own reality. A bit of a wet blanket wouldn't you say? If you feel superior to us because you chose not to live in the U.S. ..... fine. More power to you. Why do you feel the need to share it with us?

Leslie

Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:32 am
WTF?

Wow!! We were all really ready to pounce weren't we?

LOL
Leslie

As you well know, this is a US-marriage based forum. (otherwise you wouldn't be here)
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:32 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Wow!! We were all really ready to pounce weren't we?

LOL
Leslie
Darn I missed all the fun lol..
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Darn I missed all the fun lol..
Yes you did.... sorry......
by the way, your PM box is full....

Last edited by dutchman2001nl; Nov 1st 2003 at 1:25 am.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 1:25 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!!

I love the pic of you and your wife!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey!!

I love the pic of you and your wife!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you so kindly...
Old Nov 1st 2003, 1:28 am

by the way, your PM box is full....
It fills up way too quick!!!
Thanks for telling me!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.