Reload this Page >

Shannon Airport - K1 Visa

Shannon Airport - K1 Visa

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

peter1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shannon Airport - K1 Visa

Hi

I'm flying out from London to Dublin then a short trip to Shannon Airport in Ireland before departing for the States. I'm aware that the reason that they stop in Shannon Aiport is because they have US Immigration on site.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes through Shannon to be processed for ? I'm concerned that if they pull me to process my K1 i might miss my flight out to the states ?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

alanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shannon Airport - K1 Visa

I would be interested to know if anyone has had similar experiences also.

I received my K1 visa yesterday : ) and plan to fly to New York next week with Aer Lingus.

I was also wondering about the temporary EAD stamp I was hoping to receive at JFK. The destination will be JFK airport, but if I clear immigration in Shannon will I still be able to get the stamp there?

Or can I get the stamp at another part of JFK after I land?

Al

Originally Posted by peter1966
Hi

I'm flying out from London to Dublin then a short trip to Shannon Airport in Ireland before departing for the States. I'm aware that the reason that they stop in Shannon Aiport is because they have US Immigration on site.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes through Shannon to be processed for ? I'm concerned that if they pull me to process my K1 i might miss my flight out to the states ?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peter1966
Hi

Yes, they will pull you to process your K-1 in Shannon. If they have CIS clearance/Custom's offices there, then as in Canada, your K-1 will be processed there and not on US Soil. So be sure to leave time for your connecting flight.

See first hand experience:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=Shannon
If the plane is not "crowded" with people needing secondary services, then the K-1 process will only take about 15 to 30 minutes if you don't have a long wait for an agent.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 25th 2005 at 3:39 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanc
I would be interested to know if anyone has had similar experiences also.

I received my K1 visa yesterday : ) and plan to fly to New York next week with Aer Lingus.

I was also wondering about the temporary EAD stamp I was hoping to receive at JFK. The destination will be JFK airport, but if I clear immigration in Shannon will I still be able to get the stamp there?

Or can I get the stamp at another part of JFK after I land?

Al

No you will not get in it Shannon. And if your K-1 is processed in Shannon, you will not get it at JFK.

See first hand experience:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=Shannon

Last edited by Rete; Aug 25th 2005 at 3:40 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:51 pm
BQ of NYC

I have had many experiences in Shannon including having lost my Green
Card and realising same at the Desk! It is much simpler than wiaiting
till JFK on other flights. They tell you to continue to the right and
wait outside a little room, usually 3 or 4 others there. Process is by
one person. Very quick.

--
BQ of NYC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BQ of NYC's Profile: http://www.journeythere.com/forums/member.php?u=132