Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sending off the packet Monday!

Sending off the packet Monday!

Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:17 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sending off the packet Monday!

We're sending off my fiance's packet on Monday... he was supposed to go home Jan 28th but we had to change his flight due to a horrible ice storm here in upstate NY... he's now going home on the 12th... When should he call to schedule his medical? Thank you
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending off the packet Monday!

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
We're sending off my fiance's packet on Monday... he was supposed to go home Jan 28th but we had to change his flight due to a horrible ice storm here in upstate NY... he's now going home on the 12th... When should he call to schedule his medical? Thank you
What exactly are you sending where? From reading the past posts, are you sending your fiance's packet of visa application forms to the US embassy in the UK? But you're mailing it from the USA?

He can't get his medical done until he receives instructions from the embassy which come along with his interview date letter.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:32 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What exactly are you sending where? From reading the past posts, are you sending your fiance's packet of visa application forms to the US embassy in the UK? But you're mailing it from the USA?

He can't get his medical done until he receives instructions from the embassy which come along with his interview date letter.

Rene
when will his interview date letter arrive? after we send the packet off? yes, we're mailing the packet ( all the forms we had to print off and fill out ), the from the US and mailing them to the embassy in the UK.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

when will his interview date letter arrive? after we send the packet off? yes, we're mailing the packet ( all the forms we had to print off and fill out ), the from the US and mailing them to the embassy in the UK.
I believe part of that packet is a checklist, right? Which says he has everything ready? When the embassy receives this, they will see he is ready for the interview, and will send out the visa interview appointment letter, which also includes instructions on getting the medical done.

As for how long that takes, I'm not sure...do a search for others who are doing a K-1 visa in the UK. I would guess at least a few weeks.

Rene
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you send it the most secure way possible, and signed for. I'd then wait at least 2 weeks, before expecting to hear that it's been received and on the system. You can find our if it's on the system by calling DOS, in the USA. Much better than trying to call the Embassy.

What date did you put down for your wedding? They do look at the dates and try to accommodate.

You can call to book a medical now at a time to suit you. I got mine the following week I called. They will ask if you have your packet 3 and ask for your case number, so have it ready.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:07 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by gstring
Make sure you send it the most secure way possible, and signed for. I'd then wait at least 2 weeks, before expecting to hear that it's been received and on the system. You can find our if it's on the system by calling DOS, in the USA. Much better than trying to call the Embassy.

What date did you put down for your wedding? They do look at the dates and try to accommodate.

You can call to book a medical now at a time to suit you. I got mine the following week I called. They will ask if you have your packet 3 and ask for your case number, so have it ready.
we havent put a date down because we werent sure if we should, were looking at having him back here by april though... so should i put that in?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

we havent put a date down because we werent sure if we should, were looking at having him back here by april though... so should i put that in?
If it were me, yes. You can get the interview out of the way. You have 6 months to use the visa once it has been issued.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:40 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by gstring
If it were me, yes. You can get the interview out of the way. You have 6 months to use the visa once it has been issued.
we will do that then! thanks!