Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Send NOA's with Packet 3?

Send NOA's with Packet 3?

Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Send NOA's with Packet 3?

Hi All

Quick question....do I need to provide NOA1 or NOA2 with my fiance's Packet 3 documents? Or is that only needed at the AOS stage?

I'm still working on the Packet 3 binder :-(

Thanks!

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:41 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Send NOA's with Packet 3?

it wasnt required for mine..

that probably doesnt help much does it?

I just sent back the checklist and the biographic data.. they didnt require anything else from me at this time..

good luck Noorah... you must be thrilled.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by souls canuck
it wasnt required for mine..

that probably doesnt help much does it?

I just sent back the checklist and the biographic data.. they didnt require anything else from me at this time..

good luck Noorah... you must be thrilled.
Hi Souls!

Well, I'm thrilled to a certain extent. I still haven't clarified whether Ankara has gotten my file from NVC or not yet...and Sadegh hasn't received Packet 3 yet...but I'm preparing ahead of time! :-)

I guess it doesn't hurt to bring them along with everything else just in case they want to see them.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:27 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

Did you see anything in the instructions or on the checklist that came in your Packet #3 that suggests the NOA #1 or NOA #2 is required?

I wonder what might have been in the file the consulate received from the NVC, the file that prompted the consulate to send out the Packet #3 in the 1st place...

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All

Quick question....do I need to provide NOA1 or NOA2 with my fiance's Packet 3 documents? Or is that only needed at the AOS stage?

Thanks!

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:37 pm

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Rene,

Did you see anything in the instructions or on the checklist that came in your Packet #3 that suggests the NOA #1 or NOA #2 is required?

I wonder what might have been in the file the consulate received from the NVC, the file that prompted the consulate to send out the Packet #3 in the 1st place...

Regards, JEff
Hi JEff

No, as usual I'm jumping the gun :-) We haven't even received P3 yet. I doubt we will need them, doesn't seem like anyone else has. I just feel like including everything but the kichen sink to satisfy anything they might ask for! LOL

Thanks,
Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:40 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks!

Rene
Hello

I Couldn't send my NOA's as I was in UK and the NOA's were in the US! My husband didn't even think about sending them to me. Luckily we didn't need them.

Maggie
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:51 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Rene!!

K3 packet 3 doesn't ask for them as far as I can tell (no we don't have ours yet either, but I'm working on it too). I'm sending him copies though. Actually I'm sending him copies of lots of things they don't ask for because I'm paranoid. LOL

Leslie

Hi All

Thanks!

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:53 pm

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hey Rene!!

K3 packet 3 doesn't ask for them as far as I can tell (no we don't have ours yet either, but I'm working on it too). I'm sending him copies though. Actually I'm sending him copies of lots of things they don't ask for because I'm paranoid. LOL

Leslie
Same here! LOL You and I are so much alike! :-)

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I just feel like including everything but the kichen sink to satisfy anything they might ask for! LOL
Rene, I'm sure you've read enough interview experiences on here (maybe even including mine) to know that many of us take everything but the kitchen sink with and are sent home without showing it off. BUT, it feels so much better knowing that you are prepared for any eventuality...

Plus if you keep your NOAs & copies in the same bundles, all the immigration paperwork will stay in one place

Happy organizing!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:00 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

OK!!! It's decided!! I'm sending the kitchen sink!

Originally posted by meauxna
Rene, I'm sure you've read enough interview experiences on here (maybe even including mine) to know that many of us take everything but the kitchen sink with and are sent home without showing it off. BUT, it feels so much better knowing that you are prepared for any eventuality...

Plus if you keep your NOAs & copies in the same bundles, all the immigration paperwork will stay in one place

Happy organizing!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by meauxna
Rene, I'm sure you've read enough interview experiences on here (maybe even including mine) to know that many of us take everything but the kitchen sink!
I'm just waiting for them to say they want copies of emails - boy are they gonna love reading all 3536 of them
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:33 pm

Thanks, everyone! I feel so much better after a day of gathering and organizing information. My white view-binder with sheet protectors is coming along nicely.

Meauxna (by the way, is that pronounced "Mona"?), you are right, it makes sense to keep all the important immigration paperwork in one spot :-)

Now...where is that darned Packet 3??? LOL

Best Wishes to All,
Rene
Old Nov 5th 2003, 12:41 am
Andy Westmoreland

"mdaitc" <member@british_expats.com> wrote:
    > I'm just waiting for them to say they want copies of emails - boy are
    > they gonna love reading all 3536 of them

I know your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but emails are one of the forms of
proof suggested in the I-129f documentation.

I've never understood the point of asking for emails however unless those
asking for them are so IT-unsavvy that they think that they can't be faked.
I mean, what is an email but a bunch of text? "Printed copies" of emails
may never have been anywhere near a computer so how they can possibly serve
as proof I have no idea. I hardly think that there's someone at the BCIS
doing reverse DNS lookups ;-)

We didn't include any personal correspondence at all.
We didn't see that the content of personal correspondence was anyone's
business but our own and there is plenty of other supporting evidence in the
form of receipts, plane tickets, photos etc.
Then again, we only have an NOA1 so far

Andy

Old Nov 5th 2003, 2:02 am

Originally posted by Andy Westmoreland
"mdaitc" <member@british_expats.com> wrote:
    > I'm just waiting for them to say they want copies of emails - boy are
    > they gonna love reading all 3536 of them

I know your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but emails are one of the forms of
proof suggested in the I-129f documentation.

I've never understood the point of asking for emails however unless those
asking for them are so IT-unsavvy that they think that they can't be faked.
I mean, what is an email but a bunch of text? "Printed copies" of emails
may never have been anywhere near a computer so how they can possibly serve
as proof I have no idea. I hardly think that there's someone at the BCIS
doing reverse DNS lookups ;-)

We didn't include any personal correspondence at all.
We didn't see that the content of personal correspondence was anyone's
business but our own and there is plenty of other supporting evidence in the
form of receipts, plane tickets, photos etc.
Then again, we only have an NOA1 so far

Andy
Hi Andy,

I didn't provide any email or computer-type correspondence in my I-129F submission, either, and in fact not even any handwritten correspondence. My fiance and I only communicate on the phone (just this year we started sending a few cards and gifts here and there), so I turned in my phone bills showing calls to Turkey and Iran, along with other info such as you mentioned....plane tickets, photos, and passport entries. Any correspondence we do is in Farsi anyway, and what a pain to have to translate that to English to prove what we said! LOL

Best Wishes to you for a speedy NOA2,
Rene
Old Nov 5th 2003, 2:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

Your anxiety is common. Just trying to encourage you to relax and think a bit more rationally.

I think I'm part Vulcan.

Regards, JEff

Hi JEff

No, as usual I'm jumping the gun :-) We haven't even received P3 yet. I doubt we will need them, doesn't seem like anyone else has. I just feel like including everything but the kichen sink to satisfy anything they might ask for! LOL

Thanks,
Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.