Reload this Page >

Second I-864 for AOS Interview

Second I-864 for AOS Interview

Old Feb 6th 2003, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

crashcringle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second I-864 for AOS Interview

Hello everyone,

My husband (USC) and I (TWN) just filed our taxes. However, we had filed "Married but filing separate". Does anyone know if that is fine? Do we have to file jointly? Our AOS interview is on Friday, Feb. 7th and we need to make sure that we did not make a mistake by filing separate. Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

jimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Second I-864 for AOS Interview

This is just a comment, i'm no expert.
I really don't think it should make a big difference, if they do pick up on it just honestly tell them why you did so, i'm sure you had very good reasons.
Don't be affraid of INS, they are our friends and should be treated with respect, like our distant auntie that arrives for xmas, only to sit in the corner eating mince pies, clutching a glass of sherry and smiling aimlessly into space.
You'll be fine.
James
Old Feb 11th 2003, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

crashcringle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Second I-864 for AOS Interview

Originally posted by jimmyk
This is just a comment, i'm no expert.
I really don't think it should make a big difference, if they do pick up on it just honestly tell them why you did so, i'm sure you had very good reasons.
Don't be affraid of INS, they are our friends and should be treated with respect, like our distant auntie that arrives for xmas, only to sit in the corner eating mince pies, clutching a glass of sherry and smiling aimlessly into space.
You'll be fine.
James
Thanks for your reply. We went for the interview and everything went well, so far anyway. The lady didn't ask why we filed separate or anything and she didn't ask any personal questions like we thought they would. Basically all she asked were questions from the Biographic info that we filled out when we filing for the AOS and petition. She is quite friendly, too She said that I'll be going through security clearance or FBI background check, then the card will be sent by mail...can't wait.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best wishes,
LaRue & Jeanie