Scottish Lassie's Interview Questions

Wikiposts

Scottish Lassie's Interview Questions

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:20 am
Just Joined

scottish_lassie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottish Lassie's Interview Questions

Hey everyone,

Okay I'm scottish in case the name never gave it away I'm getting married to an American. I have an interview date on 18th dec and my medical is on the same day ..interview at 10am and medical at 3:15pm....Do the embassy keep my passport? Do i need my passport for the medical? I just paid for all my train tickets and I'm afraid i have just wasted almost £100.

few really important question's.....When i get in the embassy and i need to pay for my visa...How much does it cost? Does it have to be in dollars?

Can i take my phone with me?

I'm really stressing....;(

Thank you guy's !!!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Lassie's Interview Questions

Hi, I started a new thread for you since you have your own questions.

Originally Posted by scottish_lassie1
I'm getting married to an American.
So I assume you are going to interview for a K-1 visa?

I have an interview date on 18th dec and my medical is on the same day ..interview at 10am and medical at 3:15pm....Do the embassy keep my passport? Do i need my passport for the medical? I just paid for all my train tickets and I'm afraid i have just wasted almost £100.
Normally, the embassy does keep your passport, yes, so they can put the visa in it and courier it back to you. I know others have had their medical later than their interview date, so you might not need your passport at the medical. Perhaps in your case they will return your passport to you, and you'll send it back when your medical is done. I'm not 100% sure.

When i get in the embassy and i need to pay for my visa...How much does it cost? Does it have to be in dollars?
I'm not sure of the exact cost, but I believe you can pay in pounds, dollars, or by credit card (I think I read that here recently).

Can i take my phone with me?
No.

Try doing a search on this forum for other UK K-1 interview experiences, I'm sure your questions have been asked and answered before.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The thread you had originally tacked onto said this, which tells you the cost:

The fingerprint machine was not working so I was directed to another window to pay the $131.00 fee which was accepted in cash and I was given a receipt.

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. I hope it goes well for you. I can't help answer any of these questions, but wanted to say good luck.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

The fee is cureently $131 as mentioned...you can pay cash in sterling, or put it on a c.card (visa, mastercard, etc) I am unaware as to whether they accept dollars, although i would guess so, being the US embassy!

You can't take ANYTHING electronic into the embassy (it should say this on your interview letter) If your hotel is unable to hold onto anything like this, I did notice that on the road that leads back to Oxford St from the Embassy there is a pharmacy that holds items for people. i do not know the cost, nor do i know the reliability of this, but it is one of many places in the area that offers this service.

Good luck!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:46 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just to let you know it takes a few days for the medical results to get to the embassy. They won't approve the visa until they have the medical results so your visa will be pending until the medical results are in. My fiancee took his passport to the medical. On Knightsbridge Doctors Website it does mention you need your passport for the medical and the embassy needs your passport to put the visa in so you might want to call Knightsbridge doctors to see if the passport is a definate requirement.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:35 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
The fee is cureently $131 as mentioned...you can pay cash in sterling, or put it on a c.card (visa, mastercard, etc) I am unaware as to whether they accept dollars, although i would guess so, being the US embassy!

You can't take ANYTHING electronic into the embassy (it should say this on your interview letter) If your hotel is unable to hold onto anything like this, I did notice that on the road that leads back to Oxford St from the Embassy there is a pharmacy that holds items for people. i do not know the cost, nor do i know the reliability of this, but it is one of many places in the area that offers this service.

Good luck!
I don't recommend the pharmacy up the road from the Embassy as they charge and arm and a leg (£5 for just a mobile phone and car keys etc). Personally I left my stuff at Excess Baggage at one of the main train stations. My whole case of stuff was about £6, as I had travelled down from Scotland and stayed overnight in London.

The Doctor's will let you away with not having your passport, but it might be useful to take a photocopy of the photo page.

Good luck with the interview

Lyn
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:06 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

You can leave your phone, iPod, car keys, etc at the security gate outside the embassy free of charge. They give you a ticket to reclaim once you're done.

Try not to take a lot, but providing they can accomodate your belongings, they will. You DO NOT have to pay anyone else to keep them safe, especially rip-off pharmacies!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
You can leave your phone, iPod, car keys, etc at the security gate outside the embassy free of charge. They give you a ticket to reclaim once you're done.

Try not to take a lot, but providing they can accomodate your belongings, they will. You DO NOT have to pay anyone else to keep them safe, especially rip-off pharmacies!
Can you just add how current that info is (dates)? Because that situation of storage has been changing a lot over the past year.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:29 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Can you just add how current that info is (dates)? Because that situation of storage has been changing a lot over the past year.
Yup, my interview date was February 2nd, 2008.

I lived in London so I didn't really NEED to take my phone, etc., but I'm glad I did because there was a hold-up with my application and I had to call my OH in the States immediately after I left the embassy.

I hope this is all still the case, but I apologise if my experience is now out of date.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:13 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Yup, my interview date was February 2nd, 2008.

I lived in London so I didn't really NEED to take my phone, etc., but I'm glad I did because there was a hold-up with my application and I had to call my OH in the States immediately after I left the embassy.

I hope this is all still the case, but I apologise if my experience is now out of date.
I had my interview on 1st August, and they were no longer allowing anyone to leave their electronic items.

I had taken some card etc as additional evidence and didn't even think that one of them was musical and so counted as an electronic item. I was given the choice to either go away and find somewhere to store it or trash it. I told them to throw it in the trash. Even though it was just a birthday card they wouldn't store it for me.

The choice is either take nothing electronic on your trip, or find somewhere else to store it.

Lyn
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:19 am
Ginger Monkey

Originally Posted by LynannC
I had my interview on 1st August, and they were no longer allowing anyone to leave their electronic items.

I had taken some card etc as additional evidence and didn't even think that one of them was musical and so counted as an electronic item. I was given the choice to either go away and find somewhere to store it or trash it. I told them to throw it in the trash. Even though it was just a birthday card they wouldn't store it for me.

The choice is either take nothing electronic on your trip, or find somewhere else to store it.

Lyn
I am disgusted. What the hell's going on?! I know as an embassy they can do whatever the hell they like, but it still beggers belief. Bunch of loonies.

Feel free to ignore my earlier comment, then. Apparently the bastards keep changing the rules.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Bunch of loonies.
Before you judge too harshly, please consider that every US government building around the world is the target of terrorists. If you feel the precautions that they take aren't worth it, you have the option of not going into the building. Your choice.

Apparently the bastards keep changing the rules.
I suggest you take the stick out of your arse. Frankly, I'm surprised at this post... you're usually quite friendly and good-natured.

Ian
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:11 am
Ginger Monkey

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Before you judge too harshly, please consider that every US government building around the world is the target of terrorists. If you feel the precautions that they take aren't worth it, you have the option of not going into the building. Your choice.

I suggest you take the stick out of your arse. Frankly, I'm surprised at this post... you're usually quite friendly and good-natured.

Ian
Oh Ian... I like my stick where it is, actually.

And nope... I didn't have anywhere near the option of not going into the building. Husband was in the USA and I had to get an immigrant visa. No choice about it. The fact I was able to go in and have security look after my electronics, but others since my interview have not been able to, strikes me as absurd. Which threats have there been since February 08?

Surely modern times call for modern security measures. Who doesn't carry their mobiles and iPods these days? If they insist on refusing to allow people entry with these items, they ought to have a reasonable solution. It's just security measures gone mad.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Who doesn't carry their mobiles and iPods these days?
Me, me, me!
I do have one of those key fob thingies tho. I wrap it in tinfoil so the rays don't get me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.