Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Scheduled interviews from London

Scheduled interviews from London

Old Jun 28th 2003, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scheduled interviews from London

Curious...I was wondering if anyone's interview was scheduled for 6 weeks later, once London received packet 3. I've been going over timelines and it seems ours is later. It only took London a day or two to process upon receiving the packet. Not worried or complaining, just curious
Old Jun 28th 2003, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

When I saw your interview date last week I was bummed... because it was so far in advance.

What date did you put on the visa application as your travel date to the US?
Old Jun 28th 2003, 11:07 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

I really didn't expect to be given such an early interview date when I requested it. I think I just got lucky and someone was having a good day!
Old Jun 28th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was given my interview date on the 16th of may for the 19th of june. So I was in a similar situation. I thought they'd given me a later interview date because I had been bugging them since the 6th (when NVC sent it on to London) for a late may interview lol.

Last edited by Pimpbot; Jun 28th 2003 at 11:38 am.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, all for responding I'm the USC, BeachBunny. I'm not sure what travel date my fiance put there. He can leave anytime, so I'm not sure. Something to ask, though!
Old Jun 28th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah, he put "no date set" for the travel date to the US. We didn't have a specific one, no flight scheduled, so whether that made the difference or not, who knows? We didn't realize they cared if you had a flight scheduled or not, hehe.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 3:59 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NevAnna
Ah, he put "no date set" for the travel date to the US. We didn't have a specific one, no flight scheduled, so whether that made the difference or not, who knows? We didn't realize they cared if you had a flight scheduled or not, hehe.
Well let's put it this way, you are NOT supposed to go ahead and make flight arrangements BEFORE you are given your "desired" interview date. We put down a specific travel date because we HAD made flight arrangements for my husband to come over because we used frequent flyers mile for his ticket. Since our wedding anniversary was the 10th of June, that was the target date to set the travel date around. We had to go with what we could get availability wise on the frequent flyer seats. It was a definite gamble! We were very lucky (and we know that) that London gave us an interview date 2 weeks after receiving our petition, so everything fell into place. Also I did NOT send frantic emails requesting an interview ASAP.
My thoughts are that summer time is a busier than normal time for London, (as well as a time more personnel there are going on holiday) so there may be a bit of a logjam on scheduling interviews after receiving the packets back.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Cindy That was my thought as well...backlogs for the busy summer. This whole thing has just been so frustrating First, the first packet gets lost and causes yet, another delay with the interview, then it was scheduled later than we were hoping. But, all in all, London has been great to deal with. And, I think they took into consideration that our first packet was lost, so that's why they turned out packet 4 so quickly, I'm guessing. Thanks all for the responses! I'll keep hanging in there for another 4 weeks
Old Jun 28th 2003, 7:55 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NevAnna
Thanks, Cindy That was my thought as well...backlogs for the busy summer. This whole thing has just been so frustrating First, the first packet gets lost and causes yet, another delay with the interview, then it was scheduled later than we were hoping. But, all in all, London has been great to deal with. And, I think they took into consideration that our first packet was lost, so that's why they turned out packet 4 so quickly, I'm guessing. Thanks all for the responses! I'll keep hanging in there for another 4 weeks
Good girl, . They are indeed ever so much easier to deal with than so many other of the Consulates. Even our neighbors to the north here seem to have more hassle than to be expected. Indeed when I have read and still read some of the stories of other posters dealing some of the other Consulates we are fortunate. (Wonders if this is reward for having 130 at TSC !!!