Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sadegh is coming home wýth me!!! *Long*

Sadegh is coming home wýth me!!! *Long*

Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sadegh is coming home wýth me!!! *Long*

Hi All,

I can't believe it!!! Sadegh's K1 visa was approved today!! It was an amazing experience, one I'll never ever forget!

We're staying at a hotel in Ankara called Ozilhan Otel. It's a beautiful hotel within walking distance of the American Embassy. Special discount rate for Iranians is $40.00 a night, well worth it.

We arrived at 10:45 for our 11:00 interview, found the right place and sat down. They were running behind schedule, and as we waited we noticed several Iranians also waiting. One got called up to the window but didn't speak English and the Farsi translator was not in today. So I ended up translating for about 5 people ahead of us in line, which was very cool. The ConOff kept telling me to come and work here. LOL I said let me get my fiance home first then I'll think about working overseas!

Our turn came and since they didn't have a Farsi translator, I was translating for Sadegh. But then the ConOff realized he could speak fluent Turkish so she called over another lady to conduct the interview in Turkish. They started all over from the swearing in. The ConOff was an extremely nice, friendly woman who smiled a lot and carried on pleasant conversation on the side as she worked.

The court record ended up working out just fine! They looked it over, and it says no convictions. She asked why we had checked "yes" to the arrest question and we explained we were being on the safe side, but as it seems, Sadegh was not really arrested or never went on record as such. The ConOff double checked with the Turkish translator, and she confirmed that this is the right document and if nothing shows up on it, then there is nothing wrong. So she crossed out all the things I had written about the arrest and marked NO. YAAAAY!!!

She asked for all the pictures we have together from over the 7 years, which we turned over to her. When I turned over the one picture I have from 7 years ago when we first met, both the ConOff and the translator exclaimed how young we looked and what a cute couple we made, and how much we've matured since then.....I said, you mean how much we've gained weight since then....LOL I tell you, the atmosphere was more like a friendly get together rather than a nerve wracking interview!

She asked for phone bills from the past 6 months, which I turned over. She flipped through them, randomly reading pages here and there. She asked if he ever calls me and I explained he uses a control card which does not keep a record of calls, and since it's outrageously expensive to call from Turkey, he just gives me a signal and I call him right back. She smiled and nodded and agreed that calling from Turkey was too expensive.

They asked how we met, how often we've met and why we haven't married yet since we've known each other so long, and Sadegh explained all that in Turkish. The ConOff asked me about my first husband, that he passed away. I said yes, true. She asked about my second marriage, which ended in divorce. I said yes, true. She asked if I went through the immigration process with either of them. I explained my first husband and I were both students and we adjusted his status way back in 1979 in America. The second one was a Canadian citizen and we never did any adjustments of anything. She commented about them both being Iranian and said now she sees why I'm so involved in the culture and can speak Farsi so well. It was very conversational, I didn't feel like we were being scrutinized at all. I told her I waited a LOOOONG time to find another Mr. Right!! She laughed and said I'm lucky, a lot of people never find it even once!

They also asked Sadegh what he does for a living, what he plans to do in America, and he responded accordingly.

She had him sign one of the forms, collected the medical, the bank receipt, and 3 immigration photos. She then handed us a card and said "Take this to the UPS desk in the corner here and they will arrange to have his visa sent to him here in Turkey at an address you provide". Then she smiled and wished us happiness and good luck in America! She asked if I have set a wedding date, and I told her I couldn't because I didn't know when he'd be getting the visa. But I have picked out a place for the reception and have bought my wedding dress. She said "well, now you can go home and set the date, too!" Wow!!

Soooooooooo we are the happiest couple in the world right now!!! He'll probably receive his visa via UPS by next Wednesday or so, and we will make a reservation for the flight home TOGETHER for a day or so after that!!! I still can't believe it, I don't think the reality of it has quite sunk in! But my eyes have been misty all day so I know it's true Finally, all the plans we have discussed for our future can actually come true and will become reality!!

Thank you everyone for all your advice, friendship and help in making this day happen for us. My advice for future interviewees is to be calm, cool, collected, well prepared, and confident. Be outgoing and friendly, keep smiling, and hang in there. It DOES happen!!!

See you around!!!!
Rene and Sadegh <------ who gets to celebrate hýs birthday March 10th in America this year!!! whoo hooooooooooo!!!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:55 pm
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sadegh is coming home wýth me!!! *Long*

*teary eyed*

Congratulations. I'm really happy for you. Have been reading your posts on and off... I hope you guys can start a well-deserved life together!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura aboutwaitingforAOS has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

I can't believe it!!! Sadegh's K1 visa was approved today!! It was an amazing experience, one I'll never ever forget!

We're staying at a hotel in Ankara called Ozilhan Otel. It's a beautiful hotel within walking distance of the American Embassy. Special discount rate for Iranians is $40.00 a night, well worth it.

We arrived at 10:45 for our 11:00 interview, found the right place and sat down. They were running behind schedule, and as we waited we noticed several Iranians also waiting. One got called up to the window but didn't speak English and the Farsi translator was not in today. So I ended up translating for about 5 people ahead of us in line, which was very cool. The ConOff kept telling me to come and work here. LOL I said let me get my fiance home first then I'll think about working overseas!

Our turn came and since they didn't have a Farsi translator, I was translating for Sadegh. But then the ConOff realized he could speak fluent Turkish so she called over another lady to conduct the interview in Turkish. They started all over from the swearing in. The ConOff was an extremely nice, friendly woman who smiled a lot and carried on pleasant conversation on the side as she worked.

The court record ended up working out just fine! They looked it over, and it says no convictions. She asked why we had checked "yes" to the arrest question and we explained we were being on the safe side, but as it seems, Sadegh was not really arrested or never went on record as such. The ConOff double checked with the Turkish translator, and she confirmed that this is the right document and if nothing shows up on it, then there is nothing wrong. So she crossed out all the things I had written about the arrest and marked NO. YAAAAY!!!

She asked for all the pictures we have together from over the 7 years, which we turned over to her. When I turned over the one picture I have from 7 years ago when we first met, both the ConOff and the translator exclaimed how young we looked and what a cute couple we made, and how much we've matured since then.....I said, you mean how much we've gained weight since then....LOL I tell you, the atmosphere was more like a friendly get together rather than a nerve wracking interview!

She asked for phone bills from the past 6 months, which I turned over. She flipped through them, randomly reading pages here and there. She asked if he ever calls me and I explained he uses a control card which does not keep a record of calls, and since it's outrageously expensive to call from Turkey, he just gives me a signal and I call him right back. She smiled and nodded and agreed that calling from Turkey was too expensive.

They asked how we met, how often we've met and why we haven't married yet since we've known each other so long, and Sadegh explained all that in Turkish. The ConOff asked me about my first husband, that he passed away. I said yes, true. She asked about my second marriage, which ended in divorce. I said yes, true. She asked if I went through the immigration process with either of them. I explained my first husband and I were both students and we adjusted his status way back in 1979 in America. The second one was a Canadian citizen and we never did any adjustments of anything. She commented about them both being Iranian and said now she sees why I'm so involved in the culture and can speak Farsi so well. It was very conversational, I didn't feel like we were being scrutinized at all. I told her I waited a LOOOONG time to find another Mr. Right!! She laughed and said I'm lucky, a lot of people never find it even once!

They also asked Sadegh what he does for a living, what he plans to do in America, and he responded accordingly.

She had him sign one of the forms, collected the medical, the bank receipt, and 3 immigration photos. She then handed us a card and said "Take this to the UPS desk in the corner here and they will arrange to have his visa sent to him here in Turkey at an address you provide". Then she smiled and wished us happiness and good luck in America! She asked if I have set a wedding date, and I told her I couldn't because I didn't know when he'd be getting the visa. But I have picked out a place for the reception and have bought my wedding dress. She said "well, now you can go home and set the date, too!" Wow!!

Soooooooooo we are the happiest couple in the world right now!!! He'll probably receive his visa via UPS by next Wednesday or so, and we will make a reservation for the flight home TOGETHER for a day or so after that!!! I still can't believe it, I don't think the reality of it has quite sunk in! But my eyes have been misty all day so I know it's true Finally, all the plans we have discussed for our future can actually come true and will become reality!!

Thank you everyone for all your advice, friendship and help in making this day happen for us. My advice for future interviewees is to be calm, cool, collected, well prepared, and confident. Be outgoing and friendly, keep smiling, and hang in there. It DOES happen!!!

See you around!!!!
Rene and Sadegh <------ who gets to celebrate hýs birthday March 10th in America this year!!! whoo hooooooooooo!!!
Great News, CONGRATS
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:00 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yay!!!!

so happy for you..

hip hip hooray...

okay, now I have to read the rest of your post.. it was the first thing I did today..
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! , I'm so happy for you guys!!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:04 pm
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, Renee, this is wonderful news. I have been checking the site all morning for your news, and I was very happy to read your post. Enjoy the rest of your time in Turkey.

Congratulations and best wishes.
Katie
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sadegh is coming home wí¶’í¸_me!!! *Long*

Rene -
I was getting chills reading your experience - I am soooo unbelievably happy for you - Even though I am so new to this post your posts have been nothing but helpful - Thank you for sharing your experiences in Ankara and with the process - Please don't stop letting us know everything that happens from here on - Good luck to you and Sadegh and happiness for the rest of your lives - hopefully Mahir's right behind you guys coming home....
Allison
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

YIPPEE!!!!

Rene!!!

Holy Cow!
Holy Mole!
Holy Crap!!!!!!

Congratulations!! It's about time!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

You are an amazing woman. You have waited so patiently for so long. I wish you nothing but all of the happiness in the world.

Love,
Leslie
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:14 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased it was a pleasant experience for you both. Massive congrats and smooth sailing ahead.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:31 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene,
Terrific news you two! Question though: you say he's celebrating his birthday here in March? I think you might mean May?

Happy happy day ! Congrats!

~SG
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!!!!!!

I'm so thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to take lots of photos so you can remember this time later on.

Enjoy and relax, dear. It's clear sailing from now on! :-)

Love
Khadijah
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

This news made my day! I'm so happy for you after such a long wait! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 2:55 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!!!!! and all the happiness in the world... I wish you all the best!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Rene! Best wishes to the both of you!!!!!

Ayisha
Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

shadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud ofshadowboxer has much to be proud of

Congratulations, Rene!

What a long journey indeed...

Wishing you a long and happy life together.

Rebecca.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.