RFE...ugh

Old Dec 4th 2002, 6:48 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
I found out today what the RFE was for, one thing: my fiance has to sign the biographic form himself. My lawyer had said that his clients have always been able to sign for their beneficiaries in the past (for example "Romeo Montague by Juliet Capulet (fiancee)". Well, at least that's good news, they didn't request anything extensive.

Juliet
Oh, sorry. I just reread your posting and paid more attention to your "example". So I guess that answers my question as to what your attorney had you do.... sign his name and also indicate that it was you who were signing his name.

Hmm, interesting approach. I would have never done that for my cases, and likewise won't try that now (in light of what has happened in your case).

But I'll give you credit... this is the first time I've ever heard of anybody receiving an RFE for this particular signature issue!

M.U.
Old Dec 4th 2002, 7:08 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't have me forge my fiance's name. He said I could sign it as so (with our real names of course ):

Romeo Montague by Juliet Capulet (Fiancee)

I thought it sounded odd, but assumed it was "technically" legal to do because he said so. Either that, or with increased security checks maybe the INS is being more nitpicky?

I'm picking up the form today and overnighting it to my fiance so we can get it through ASAP. Just a little annoyed with the delay because of the issue of the signature.

Juliet
Old Dec 4th 2002, 7:35 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
He didn't have me forge my fiance's name. He said I could sign it as so (with our real names of course ):

Romeo Montague by Juliet Capulet (Fiancee)

I'm picking up the form today and overnighting it to my fiance so we can get it through ASAP. Just a little annoyed with the delay because of the issue of the signature.

Juliet
I'd be a little annoyed too, but oh well; at least you are going to take steps to get this new form to INS as quickly as possible.

Since you are doing a "new" G-325A for him now "at this stage of the game", make sure you do it right. Again, if he has not been married before, list "none" for prior spouses. And since you have a receipt notice from the INS now (assuming you do), perhaps you will find his "A" number listed by his name on the notice. If so, you might as well list that in the "file number" box (upper right hand corner of the G-325A) and down below in the heavy bordered box where it asks for the alien registration number.

Now for OT stuff:
I see you are apparently a fan of the Romeo and Juliet story. Did you watch/like the latest version that came out around 1998 with Clair Danes (sp?). I liked that version myself, and Lisa and I actually used a bit of the music from that soundtrack for her walk down the isle during our wedding.

Have you rented the latest "modern" Shakespeare storyline movie, called "Scotland PA". They don't use the Shakespearean dialogue, but it’s a modern adaptation of the Mac Beth (sp?) story. I wouldn't call it a "must see" movie, but I thought it was interesting and worth seeing (anything with Christopher Walken in it is likely worth seeing). And the "Bad Company" music in the soundtrack seemed to actually work pretty well at times :-). It’s currently at the DVD/Video stores right now.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Dec 4th 2002, 10:51 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I did see the R&J movie with Danes and DiCaprio, I loved it. Of course, I was a crybaby at the end lol. That's cool that you and your wife used some music from the R&J soundtrack, we've picked out some Celtic songs for our ceremony. I'll have to check out those new Shakespeare storylines, haven't seen those yet.

Well, I picked up the new biographic form, everything looks about right including the A#. Time to Fredex it to my fiance ( I know, it's FedEx but Fredex sounds more fun ).

Juliet