RFE Response

Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:42 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default RFE Response

After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our online status:

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.

Cheers Shepslady
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:18 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Well it does look similar to the message for a petition I have in process...

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

On December 16, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 815 and 825 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Any help ?
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Jongsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've received same message from MSC.

Hi! Shepslady!!
I've received same message from MSC on Mar 17, 2003.
Maybe it is a normal response, I guess.

Good Luck~~
Jongsoon
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:44 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Well all I know is that I have been following the postings on this forum since July 2002 & it doesnt appear normal to me at all. From what Ive seen they either get another RFE or they get an approval. I really dont know what to make of this. It has left me feeling more afraid, depressed and oh so very disappointed. Guess now all we can do is wait to recieve the dreaded letter from MSC & see what exactly is going on. This has left my husband feeling like we should just give up on it and for him to sell up & come over here. That makes me feel so terribly sad to think that he is thinking about turning his back on his country when I know he loves it so much. Im prepared to hang in there a little longer. To give up now would be letting them win and all the months we have been waiting would all be for nothing. Time for us to sit tight now & see what this dreaded letter says. I am interested to hear if this is just a recent thing or if others before have had this too
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:53 am
Wolfie

Default Re: RFE Response

Do not worry. This is their normal response. Been there, done that.

"shepslady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our
    > online status:
    > Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)
    > Current Status:
    > On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence
    > or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process
    > this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete,
    > the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
    > this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
    > Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something
    > else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.
    > Cheers Shepslady
    > --
    > shepslady
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:00 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

My understanding of what it actually means in 'real terms' is that they have received your RFE but the petiton hasn't yet reached the desk of an adjudicator for a decision to be decided upon yet. I know it sems like madness as surely it must have been on the adjudicators desk for the RFE to be issued ?? Still it seems once they receive the RFE it has to 'queue up again'.. frustrating it is... Can I ask that anyone following this thread who has a similar message displayed for their petition and has a change could post it here to let the rest of us know ( in the unlikely case of it being me I'll more than happily post it). I'm under a different service center, CSC, but it may give us some insight and even reassurance as to how the process is working ?
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:07 am
Howling at the Moon

I can post the result of my own petition and what it looks like online to show the sort of message we'd all rather see :-

Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 21, 2002, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

I never checked online before my case was approved as my petition was filed through the field office and so I didn't know my WAC no.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 7:07 am
Kentucky woman i miss you

MASON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HURRY UP AND WAIT

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 8, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 7:08 am
Observer1974

Hi Shepslady, The response is normal and this was exactly what we got after
they received our response to their K3 RFE. In our case it took MSC 24 days
after that to approve our case. Good luck!

Timeline:
--------------
NOA1: Nov.7,'02
RFE: Feb. 18,'03
NOA2: March 26,'03

- O74

"shepslady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our
    > online status:
    > Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)
    > Current Status:
    > On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence
    > or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process
    > this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete,
    > the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
    > this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
    > Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something
    > else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.
    > Cheers Shepslady
    > --
    > shepslady
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 28th 2003, 8:58 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Thanks Observer you have put my mind at rest a little. I guess its just going through the normal procedure then so its just back to playing the waiting game for a while longer then. I feel a little foolish that I over reacted. I wasnt expecting that response at all and it hit me like a kick in the guts. I do feel better knowing that this is quite normal, just hope it doesnt sit on someones desk too long before they decide to look at it. Ive been ready to go home for the last 10 months so if I seem to be a little anxious its because I am. Its all I ever think about 24/7. This is no way to live and until I get to join my husband again I just dont have a life. I hope you all understand that & forgive my mumblings & moaning.
Cheers
Shepslady
Old Mar 28th 2003, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont worry shepslady , it will more or less take 2 weeks .
good luck
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:58 pm
Victor T.

Hi Shepslady,

I also have a similar message. From reading numerous threads on the
newsgroup it just means they have received the further info/evidence.
Now they need to pull your file and give it back to the officer. The
phone message says to expect a response in 30 days. I am on day 30 no
response yet. My lawyer says the processing time frame is 60-90 days
but based on all I have seen its usually much less. Maybe you will get
a response within 30 days like Observer and cdcib.

Its definitely frustrating and I feel like giving up at times. Either
way I feel for you and hope you get an answer soon. You have been
apart too long.I can commiserate since I have been away from my wife
for 6 months since our marriage. I am planning to visit her soon. Take
care.

Victor

Old Mar 28th 2003, 3:49 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Shepslady! It's the "standard" language you read. I freaked out a little when we got our RFE, and was wondering what that wording meant (which is exactly the same wording you received, except for the number of days). It's not the first time the service centers have worded something that makes absolutely no sense ;-)

Anyway as the song goes, Don't worry, Be happy! You'll be approved in no time

Juliet
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought, from all that I've read on this board, that if they require further evidence or proof you don't have to wait the same amount of time again. Coz, you've already waited this long and its just a matter of getting more information to them.

If they are going to want the same amount of time again for people they require more information from then those people will end up waiting a long time.

Now, I'm really worried too.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:10 pm
Howling at the Moon

I must be crazy because I'm going to try to get through to the CSC again today (mental note, never say never). In truth I didn't but I thought it highly unlikely.. well here goes I expect to have a busy day in the company of my redial button....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.