British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   RFE Response (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/rfe-response-143089/)

shepslady Mar 27th 2003 1:42 pm

RFE Response

After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our online status:

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.

Cheers Shepslady

lairdside Mar 27th 2003 2:18 pm

Well it does look similar to the message for a petition I have in process...

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

On December 16, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 815 and 825 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Any help ?

Jongsoon Mar 27th 2003 2:57 pm

I've received same message from MSC.

Hi! Shepslady!!
I've received same message from MSC on Mar 17, 2003.
Maybe it is a normal response, I guess.

Good Luck~~
Jongsoon

shepslady Mar 27th 2003 4:44 pm

Well all I know is that I have been following the postings on this forum since July 2002 & it doesnt appear normal to me at all. From what Ive seen they either get another RFE or they get an approval. I really dont know what to make of this. It has left me feeling more afraid, depressed and oh so very disappointed. Guess now all we can do is wait to recieve the dreaded letter from MSC & see what exactly is going on. This has left my husband feeling like we should just give up on it and for him to sell up & come over here. That makes me feel so terribly sad to think that he is thinking about turning his back on his country when I know he loves it so much. Im prepared to hang in there a little longer. To give up now would be letting them win and all the months we have been waiting would all be for nothing. Time for us to sit tight now & see what this dreaded letter says. I am interested to hear if this is just a recent thing or if others before have had this too:confused:
Cheers
Shepslady

Wolfie Mar 27th 2003 4:53 pm

Re: RFE Response

Do not worry. This is their normal response. Been there, done that.

"shepslady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our
    > online status:
    > Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)
    > Current Status:
    > On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence
    > or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process
    > this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete,
    > the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
    > this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
    > Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something
    > else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.
    > Cheers Shepslady
    > --
    > shepslady
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

lairdside Mar 27th 2003 5:00 pm

My understanding of what it actually means in 'real terms' is that they have received your RFE but the petiton hasn't yet reached the desk of an adjudicator for a decision to be decided upon yet. I know it sems like madness as surely it must have been on the adjudicators desk for the RFE to be issued ?? Still it seems once they receive the RFE it has to 'queue up again'.. frustrating it is... Can I ask that anyone following this thread who has a similar message displayed for their petition and has a change could post it here to let the rest of us know ( in the unlikely case of it being me I'll more than happily post it). I'm under a different service center, CSC, but it may give us some insight and even reassurance as to how the process is working ?

lairdside Mar 27th 2003 5:07 pm

I can post the result of my own petition and what it looks like online to show the sort of message we'd all rather see :-

Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 21, 2002, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

I never checked online before my case was approved as my petition was filed through the field office and so I didn't know my WAC no.

MASON Mar 27th 2003 7:07 pm

HURRY UP AND WAIT

Current Status:

On March 8, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Observer1974 Mar 27th 2003 7:08 pm

Hi Shepslady, The response is normal and this was exactly what we got after
they received our response to their K3 RFE. In our case it took MSC 24 days
after that to approve our case. Good luck!

Timeline:
--------------
NOA1: Nov.7,'02
RFE: Feb. 18,'03
NOA2: March 26,'03

- O74

"shepslady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our
    > online status:
    > Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)
    > Current Status:
    > On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence
    > or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process
    > this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete,
    > the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in
    > this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
    > Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something
    > else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.
    > Cheers Shepslady
    > --
    > shepslady
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

shepslady Mar 27th 2003 8:58 pm

Thanks Observer you have put my mind at rest a little. I guess its just going through the normal procedure then so its just back to playing the waiting game for a while longer then. I feel a little foolish that I over reacted. I wasnt expecting that response at all and it hit me like a kick in the guts. I do feel better knowing that this is quite normal, just hope it doesnt sit on someones desk too long before they decide to look at it. Ive been ready to go home for the last 10 months so if I seem to be a little anxious its because I am. Its all I ever think about 24/7. This is no way to live and until I get to join my husband again I just dont have a life. I hope you all understand that & forgive my mumblings & moaning.
Cheers
Shepslady

salooni110 Mar 28th 2003 12:22 am

dont worry shepslady , it will more or less take 2 weeks .
good luck

Victor T. Mar 28th 2003 2:58 am

Hi Shepslady,

I also have a similar message. From reading numerous threads on the
newsgroup it just means they have received the further info/evidence.
Now they need to pull your file and give it back to the officer. The
phone message says to expect a response in 30 days. I am on day 30 no
response yet. My lawyer says the processing time frame is 60-90 days
but based on all I have seen its usually much less. Maybe you will get
a response within 30 days like Observer and cdcib.

Its definitely frustrating and I feel like giving up at times. Either
way I feel for you and hope you get an answer soon. You have been
apart too long.I can commiserate since I have been away from my wife
for 6 months since our marriage. I am planning to visit her soon. Take
care.

Victor

jcapulet Mar 28th 2003 3:49 am

Don't worry Shepslady! :D It's the "standard" language you read. I freaked out a little when we got our RFE, and was wondering what that wording meant (which is exactly the same wording you received, except for the number of days). It's not the first time the service centers have worded something that makes absolutely no sense ;-)

Anyway as the song goes, Don't worry, Be happy! You'll be approved in no time :D

Juliet

goya0002 Mar 28th 2003 4:01 am

I thought, from all that I've read on this board, that if they require further evidence or proof you don't have to wait the same amount of time again. Coz, you've already waited this long and its just a matter of getting more information to them.

If they are going to want the same amount of time again for people they require more information from then those people will end up waiting a long time.

Now, I'm really worried too.

lairdside Mar 28th 2003 4:10 am

I must be crazy because I'm going to try to get through to the CSC again today (mental note, never say never). In truth I didn't but I thought it highly unlikely.. well here goes I expect to have a busy day in the company of my redial button....

lairdside Mar 28th 2003 4:14 am

P.S.: Goya don't worry. It doesn't help ! If you are going to face dificulties you may as well be as cheerful as possible despite them and there's no point in worrying about hypotheticals that may never happen :) ( Further mental note- remember to take own advice..lol)

cdcib Mar 28th 2003 4:34 am

Originally posted by shepslady
After our recent RFE we have now received this response on our online status:

Current Status:

On March 26, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Is this a normal response or am I right in thinking that maybe something else is wrong?? This is driving me crazy with worry.

Cheers Shepslady
hi
shepslady
i got the rfe from missouri on february 18th
& it does says what it says on your posting too
than when i got the approval it changed & it says that i got approved,i hope this info helps
thanks

sal_whit Mar 28th 2003 4:49 am

As you know I had a K1 RFE,What you have is a standard notice!!!! Oh pending on what it was for,My time line from RFE notice to 2nd NOA was 2 months...Sorry :(:(

Sal

sbnw Mar 28th 2003 5:15 am

Originally posted by shepslady
Thanks Observer you have put my mind at rest a little. I guess its just going through the normal procedure then so its just back to playing the waiting game for a while longer then. I feel a little foolish that I over reacted. I wasnt expecting that response at all and it hit me like a kick in the guts. I do feel better knowing that this is quite normal, just hope it doesnt sit on someones desk too long before they decide to look at it. Ive been ready to go home for the last 10 months so if I seem to be a little anxious its because I am. Its all I ever think about 24/7. This is no way to live and until I get to join my husband again I just dont have a life. I hope you all understand that & forgive my mumblings & moaning.
Cheers
Shepslady

Hi Shepslady - We got our notice at around the same date and we have received exactly the same message - I checked on-line today. So - I relate to your anxiety - I am paraniod that we'll get another RFE. I am hoping that it won't take long after this - I think someone in the MSC K3 Role Call had an RFE and they were approved 2 to 3 weeks after they responded. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

lairdside Mar 28th 2003 5:57 am

Just spoke to my congressman's aide, she said that the CSC has been badly backlogged for 2/3 years and the ballpark processing time for an I-130 IR is about 2 years ? Anyone have any experience of this ? She couldn't give me an idea of how long it takes for them to respond to an RFE, sent them a written enquiry on the 14th of March 2003 they have 30 days to respond to her. Just have to wait and see what happens.....

cdcib Mar 28th 2003 6:40 am

RFE

Originally posted by sbnw
Hi Shepslady - We got our notice at around the same date and we have received exactly the same message - I checked on-line today. So - I relate to your anxiety - I am paraniod that we'll get another RFE. I am hoping that it won't take long after this - I think someone in the MSC K3 Role Call had an RFE and they were approved 2 to 3 weeks after they responded. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for both of us!
HI
GUYS DONT WORYY.I GOT AN RFE
I GOT AN APPROVE 2 DAYS LATER AFTER THEY RECIVE MY RFE .SO THEY R PRETTY GOOD WITH RFE

Mikki Mar 28th 2003 7:43 am

shepslady wrote in message news:...
    > Thanks Observer you have put my mind at rest a little. I guess its just
    > going through the normal procedure then so its just back to playing the
    > waiting game for a while longer then. I feel a little foolish that I
    > over reacted. I wasnt expecting that response at all and it hit me like
    > a kick in the guts. I do feel better knowing that this is quite normal,
    > just hope it doesnt sit on someones desk too long before they decide to
    > look at it. Ive been ready to go home for the last 10 months so if I
    > seem to be a little anxious its because I am. Its all I ever think about
    > 24/7. This is no way to live and until I get to join my husband again I
    > just dont have a life. I hope you all understand that & forgive my
    > mumblings & moaning.
    > Cheers
    > Shepslady

Hi Shepslady!! I'm sure everyone here understands - we've all done
our own mumbling & moaning!! Being separated from your other half is
a painful thing. I hope it all works out for you SOON!

Mikki

shepslady Mar 28th 2003 7:53 pm

To all you wonderful people that have taken the time to post replies I send you my heartfelt thanks. You have all been a huge help in calming my nerves & I am so grateful to all of you. Maybe tonight I will get a decent sleep & this may not seem so worrying by the light of day. THANKS GUYS pat yourself on the back this little old kiwi lady thinks your fantastic.
Cheers
Shepslady (Cindy)

Kerupt Mar 28th 2003 8:10 pm

Hang in there Cindy !!!

From what I can read into that it seems like you got nothing more than a NOA1.5 :)

Looks like as if that confirms the acceptance of what ever you got the RFE for in the first place. It doesnt seems as if it would delay you any either from the last part which reads: However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.

60-90 days is the 1st NOA and this states yor time will be less

I don't know much about RFEs or anything else for that matter. Just throwing in my opinion and 2 cents :) I also would think that they just pick up right where they left off... hopefully what ever the reason you got the RFE was near the end of processing. !!!

Best of luck !!!

ndrobert Mar 29th 2003 12:31 am

REF shepslady FYI

FYI,
Hi,
i spoke to 1 of my friend last nite,he had same thing means RFE.he send it to them (marriage certificate)now he got approved ..what he said it took only 19 days to get 2nd NOA.who ever gets RFE DON"T WORRY you will get 2ND NOA very shortly.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US

1NOA 31ST DEC
2ND ???

Regards
Robert

MASON Mar 29th 2003 1:35 am

RFE

On March 28, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

to say im a little gutted would be an understatement ,but it could be anywhere from 2 days to the maximum from what i read in all of your posts,so heres hoping it will be sooner rather than later.
:)

David Brown Mar 29th 2003 5:51 am

Re: RFE Response READ THIS

That is the standard response.
It didn't do me much good. It looks like there are only 'X number days' at
the max. Well, mine took double that amount. That letter makes as much
sense as the rest of them

NOA1
RFE
NOA2 = 181 days. (much too long, TSC)

lairdside Mar 31st 2003 10:29 am

I got through today. They apologized for the backlogs.. said there are backlogs all over the place :( They didn't deny the petition ought to have been adjudicated by now. Said they'd pull the file and have it given to an officer ( ok, now is the time not to hold my breath). I am to call again in 4 weeks if I still haven't heard anything.........

shepslady Mar 31st 2003 10:38 am

Lairdside lets hope that you arent left holding your breath for too long unless you look good once you have turned a pretty shade of blue. Time for you to sit back, relax and try to take things easy & try to focus on whats waiting for you at the end of all this. Im trying really hard to listen to my own advise but finding it difficult when my husband is laid low with a virus right now and I am wishing I was there to take care of him.
Cheers
Shepslady

lairdside Mar 31st 2003 11:18 am

Thanks for the advice Shepslady.. I know it's good advice :) Still, damm hard to take isn't it ? ..lol
Sorry your hubby isn't well right now, I know how you feel as my husband has renal failure.

lairdside Mar 31st 2003 11:19 am

Btw whereabouts in NZ are you. My best friend is from Hamilton...

shepslady Mar 31st 2003 2:34 pm

Yes it is good advice but I have to admit I have a hard time following it myself. I know how you must be feeling with your husband illness as we have survived the dreaded cancer thing with my husband which is why time is such a precious thing to us and trying to remain calm and focused on this visa journey is so hard, Somehow we will make it though as Im sure you will too. I am from Christchurch which is in the south island, Hamilton is in the North Island. Ive been there a few times and quite like it too.
Cheers
Shepslady

lairdside Mar 31st 2003 3:32 pm

My daughter's ski instructor this Winter was from Christchurch :)
Peter Van Peborg ( not too sure about the spelling) - alot of people come here to work at the ski resorts in our Winter as it is Summer in the Southern Hemisphere. I do realize there are about 350,000 people in Christchurch though...lol