RFE Questions

Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFE Questions

1) Has anyone received an RFE that concerned with the applicant writing "N/A" instead of "None".

I read on davehollis that few RFEs from NSC and 1 from CSC was along those lines.

2) My wife's age on the marriage certificate is 26, when in fact, she was 25 at the time of our marriage. RFE possible?

I am getting a feeling that I may get an RFE. Now, it looks like I will have no choice but to visit India in Dec.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:46 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE Questions

Originally posted by goldrush
1) Has anyone received an RFE that concerned with the applicant writing "N/A" instead of "None".

I read on davehollis that few RFEs from NSC and 1 from CSC was along those lines.

2) My wife's age on the marriage certificate is 26, when in fact, she was 25 at the time of our marriage. RFE possible?

I am getting a feeling that I may get an RFE. Now, it looks like I will have no choice but to visit India in Dec.
Aww I feel sorry for you, I don't know the answer to your question but this will bump up your thread, maybe someone can help you
Old Nov 1st 2003, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Aww I feel sorry for you, I don't know the answer to your question but this will bump up your thread, maybe someone can help you
So, do you mean to say that the N/A in place of None scenario will definitely generate an RFE?

I haven't received any yet. There is nothing online either. But, I am just very worried.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 10:42 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

So, do you mean to say that the N/A in place of None scenario will definitely generate an RFE?

I haven't received any yet. There is nothing online either. But, I am just very worried.

I think that depends on the officer working on your case. Some people have gotten RFE's for that, although I didn't even though I put N/A instead of none. I just hope I don't get a second RFE about it.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 10:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth did you draw that conclusion from HT's post? She said "I don't know the answer to your question."

Methinks you'd better lay off the caffine, goldrush. You are going to have to answer for that error on your paperwork at some point, but it's not fatal or anything. Our marriage license had a mistake, we were asked to correct it, did so and went on to get the visa. If you think it's likely to come up, begin the steps now to get it corrected so if/when you are asked about it you can be ready.

I think India in December sounds divine, lucky thing
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, Meauxna and Heba. I will just wait until I hearing something.

If I don't get an RFE, it will be a miracle. I will seriously start making plans to go to India around Christmas, even if it means spending $2000.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

If I go to India in December, should I also file for DCF at the time? Or waiting for K3 would be advisable, since it may happen quicker than DCF?
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:18 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why people are so terrified of getting RFE'd, if you are aware of that possibility and have all the paperwork ready to send back as the further evidence, the service centers usually approve you very soon after receiving this. Check our timeline!

Debbie
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 1:36 pm
Booger

"goldrush" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > 1) Has anyone received an RFE that concerned with the applicant writing
    > "N/A" instead of "None".

It's not for sure. I put N/A like an idiot and did not get an RFE. Others
have. If I am correct, there hasn't been any RFE's for this reason reported
lately. I think someone in BCIS told the officers to stop RFEs for this
reason because it's OBVIOUS what the petitioners meant.

> ) My wife's age on the marriage certificate is 26, when in fact, she
was 25 at the time of our marriage. RFE possible?

Possible I guess but highly unlikely. I don't think the otherwise
unemployable flunkies at BCIS would even notice that.

Das Boog

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Booger and Debbie. Your posts certainly makes me feel better.

In the past, I have had good luck with the INS and Mumbai Consulate. I was reviewing my old forms of 11+ years back, and I realized that we had made so many silly mistakes on the forms from the Mumbai Consulate. We even made couple affidavits for ridiculously silly reasons (overthinking). None of those things were a problem.

When I had applied for my citizenship, my fingerprints were very light and not very visible. I mailed them anyways. The app was sent back. Once, I re-did my prints, it was fine. Then, they bumped me back from my interview date, because of giving priorities to backlogs. But, I did get the interview within the time-frame.

So, my feeling is that as long as I have been honest with them and have avoided trouble in the U.S., I should be fine.

Hopefully, my good luck will continue.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:19 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Booger and Debbie. Your posts certainly makes me feel better.

In the past, I have had good luck with the INS and Mumbai Consulate. I was reviewing my old forms of 11+ years back, and I realized that we had made so many silly mistakes on the forms from the Mumbai Consulate. We even made couple affidavits for ridiculously silly reasons (overthinking). None of those things were a problem.

When I had applied for my citizenship, my fingerprints were very light and not very visible. I mailed them anyways. The app was sent back. Once, I re-did my prints, it was fine. Then, they bumped me back from my interview date, because of giving priorities to backlogs. But, I did get the interview within the time-frame.

So, my feeling is that as long as I have been honest with them and have avoided trouble in the U.S., I should be fine.

Hopefully, my good luck will continue.
I got an RFE for the N/A instead of none mistake. But I can honestly say it's not a big deal and won't slow the processing down much at all. Some people get an RFE about it, some don't. Just depends on the person looking at your case.

Good luck to you, and stop worrying!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kae
I got an RFE for the N/A instead of none mistake. But I can honestly say it's not a big deal and won't slow the processing down much at all. Some people get an RFE about it, some don't. Just depends on the person looking at your case.

Thank you, Kae.

I noticed that NSC & CSC send out quite a few RFEs for the "None" problem. I saw a few of them on davehollis.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kae

What did you do about the RFE, Kae? Just fill out the I-129f again, sign it and send it back in? Is it as simple as that?

Thanks,
Jamie
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:51 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
What did you do about the RFE, Kae? Just fill out the I-129f again, sign it and send it back in? Is it as simple as that?

Thanks,
Jamie

I sent back a cover letter stating basically that it was a typo; a revised copy of our I-129f; and the RFE letter (as they asked). Yes, it was as simple as that.