Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

RFE question, invite comments from anyone who received it

RFE question, invite comments from anyone who received it

Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFE question, invite comments from anyone who received it

Maybe I am thinking too much, but at times I have read comments from ppl who received an RFE from a service center re-asking them to submit certain things such as a marriage certificate or photographs, which they had already submitted during the initial filing of I-129F.

Why do the officers do that? Was there something wrong on the applicants' end or do officers just ask for more proof even if they already have it ... for various reasons?

If anyone received a RFE and don't mind discussing it, I would appreciate the info.

PS: tmushen and glasgown have not been approved yet, so they haven't started approving the apps from the 1st full week of August. This is ridiculous. What the F am I paying my taxes for?

Last edited by goldrush; Nov 1st 2003 at 2:54 am.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:49 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: RFE question, invite comments from anyone who received it

Sometimes paperwork can get mis-placed at service centers, sometimes the copy supplied might not be of the best quality.
I'm sure theres plenty of reasons why they might request information that has already been supplied.
I received an RFE for a ridiculous reason but I took the advice of people from this NG which was *just give them whatever they ask for even if you have already done so once. If thats what they need to approve you, thats what you send them*.

Good luck.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:01 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by goldrush
Maybe I am thinking too much, but at times I have read comments from ppl who received an RFE from a service center re-asking them to submit certain things such as a marriage certificate or photographs, which they had already submitted during the initial filing of I-129F.

Why do the officers do that? Was there something wrong on the applicants' end or do officers just ask for more proof even if they already have it ... for various reasons?

If anyone received a RFE and don't mind discussing it, I would appreciate the info.

PS: tmushen and glasgown have not been approved yet, so they haven't started approving the apps from the 1st full week of August. This is ridiculous. What the F am I paying my taxes for?
I think most of the time the RFE is for something that wasn't sent or had been forgotten or entered wrong on the application. If it was for something already sent, then it probably wasn't legible or wasn't the type of thing they needed. My RFE was for a copy of the original marriage certificate. I had only sent a translation. That being said, you should just try to relax if there is nothing obviously wrong with your petition as there is nothing you could do at this point. I wish I had asked these questions before I filed. I would have been approved 3 weeks ago if I did.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:04 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

rush,

No, it doesn't mean that they haven't started approving applications from the 1st full week of August.

All it means that they haven't finished reviewing tmushen and glasgowm. It doesn't say anything about any other petitions.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by goldrush

Old Nov 1st 2003, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Charlie, Heba, and Jeffrey.

The reason I asked this ? about RFE was because last night I noticed a discrepancy in my marriage certificate.

My wife's age on the day of our marriage was 25, but it says 26 on our marriage certificate. She didn't turn 26 until couple months later.

I noticed it only last night. Do you think this will be a problem?

I did sent a copy of my marriage certificate when I filed for I129F.