RFE question

Old Nov 25th 2003, 6:16 pm
Awfulecho

Default RFE question

What are some examples of items that may be requested by the USCIS/BCIS for a
Request for Evidence? Just curious so we know what to expect just in case.

Thanks!

Old Nov 25th 2003, 6:38 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE question

These are some that I've heard of.....

1 - Using N/A when you should have used None and vice versa.
2 - Leaving something out that they require.
3 - Not including translations when a document is in a foreign language.
4 - Not submitting correct or sufficient evidence of divorce from prior marriages.

Originally posted by Awfulecho

Thanks!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Did you already send in your forms? There are some great posts on this site telling you how to arrange the forms - such as ordering them, binding them etc.
Make sure that the photos are exactly as they request - you should get them done at a place that knows what they are doing. Include evidence for each form individually - ie if two forms both ask for a marriage cert. copy, then send a copy with each. They may send an RFE if they only get one.
If you make sure forms are organized and in order, with the forms they request and follow their guidelines CAREFULLY you should avoid any RFEs

Thanks!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!

They may even send you an RFE for photographs not being the right size, not showing the right ear, not being 3/4th frontal, not having a white and glossy background.

Also, the photos should have been taken 30 days from the date you mailed-in the app ... I think. So, they prefer that the pictures have a date in the back. They may send an RFE for not having a date.

Also, if the name of the person in the photograph is not written on the back of the photo, they may send an RFE.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by goldrush
They may even send you an RFE for photographs not being the right size, not showing the right ear, not being 3/4th frontal, not having a white and glossy background.

Also, the photos should have been taken 30 days from the date you mailed-in the app ... I think. So, they prefer that the pictures have a date in the back. They may send an RFE for not having a date.

Also, if the name of the person in the photograph is not written on the back of the photo, they may send an RFE.
My lawyer forgot to send the G325-A form. So it could for forms you either forgot or BCIS could have possibly lost.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 11:12 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure I've seen this post in another thread

Our RFE was for further proof we had met in the last 2 years. Apparently the fact that we had lived together wasn't enough

Originally posted by tmushen
My lawyer forgot to send the G325-A form.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by goldrush
I had our photos taken at Walgreens, there was no date printed on them anywhere. I can't imagine that this could really pose an issue. Has anyone on here actually rec'd an RFE for this?

Jamie
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
We were lucky enough to get an RFE. I was suprised that the RFE is a form. It has a bunch of places they can check to tell you what is wrong and of course the other box with an explination. I figured it would be a letter describing exactly what was wrong.

We got ours because they apparently lost our G-325A forms, so we had to resend them in with original signatures.

Here's what's listed on the form:

1) sign your 129F
2) submit a photo of yourself.
3) Submit evidence that petitioner is a US Citiazen. Birth Certificate, etc.
4) Plsease submit a signed copy of G-325A for your and/or your spouse.
5) Please submit marriage certificate
6) Please submit an I-797 Receipt Notcie for an I-130.
7) Other:

I hope your not unlucky like us and don't see this form.

I wouldn't worry about getting things together. You can turn this around pretty quickly no matter what they ask for on the form. The bad side to this, is that it adds at least a month to your wait.

Michael
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
I had our photos taken at Walgreens, there was no date printed on them anywhere. I can't imagine that this could really pose an issue. Has anyone on here actually rec'd an RFE for this?

Jamie
I think I read such an RFE on davehollis for a K1 visa, I don't remember the service center.