Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

RFE : Pictures with film-dated negatives?

RFE : Pictures with film-dated negatives?

Old May 4th 2003, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Marilech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFE : Pictures with film-dated negatives?

We finally got the RFE from CSC yesterday requesting for more proof of meeting. When TJ filed the I-129F in Jan., we were not well-informed on the proper documents to provide. Anyway, the RFE said they need primary evidence in the form of passport stamps, ticket stubs and receipts, etc. and secondary evidence such as pictures that are film-dated , itineraries with the travel agency's letterhead, ATM or credit card receipts, etc.

But they don't need video, cd's, letters, etc.

The problem is : we did'nt use a camera with a date-indicator, only our video had it, but they don't need it.

My question is : did some of you guys got the approval even if you don't have the film-dated photographs? We can only write and describe the pictures for sure, will this be a problem?

Thanks for those of you who can help.
Old May 4th 2003, 4:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE : Pictures with film-dated negatives?

Marilech,

There are no "proper documents to provide". Every situation is different, everyone may have different evidence as a result of their individual circumstance. However, whatever evidence is provided, it must show that the couple has met in person within the previous 2 years.

Most people provide photographs (film-dated or not) to prove that they have met, and passport stamps, airline boarding passes, hotel bills, etc. to prove that they were in a location to be together within the past 2 years.

In your case, it appears that you provided photographs of the 2 of you together, proving that you had met. But it appears that you failed to establish the time frame for your meeting.

If you don't have time-dated photos, you don't have them. Tell this to the BCIS. At the same time, give them whatever you do have to establish that the two of you were in the same place at the same time within the past 2 years.

Clarification - give them whatever you have on paper. The BCIS reviewers do not have TVs with VCPs and CD/DVD players in their work stations! Video tapes and CD/DVDs cannot be 2-hole punched and clamped into a file folder. Electronic-media evidence is useless! It's got to be on paper.

Can you get some frames from your video printed out on paper?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Marilech
We finally got the RFE from CSC yesterday requesting for more proof of meeting. When TJ filed the I-129F in Jan., we were not well-informed on the proper documents to provide. Anyway, the RFE said they need primary evidence in the form of passport stamps, ticket stubs and receipts, etc. and secondary evidence such as pictures that are film-dated , itineraries with the travel agency's letterhead, ATM or credit card receipts, etc.

The problem is : we did'nt use a camera with a date-indicator, only our video had it, but they don't need it.

My question is : did some of you guys got the approval even if you don't have the film-dated photographs? We can only write and describe the pictures for sure, will this be a problem?

Old May 4th 2003, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

We finally got the RFE from CSC yesterday requesting for more proof of meeting. When TJ filed the I-129F in Jan., we were not well-informed on the proper documents to provide. Anyway, the RFE said they need primary evidence in the form of passport stamps, ticket stubs and receipts, etc. [..]
if that is primary evidence, then we put in nothing of that with our i-129f petition.
and secondary evidence such as pictures that are film-dated , itineraries with the travel agency's letterhead, ATM or credit card receipts, etc.
ouch, seams to be a lot - we did the picture non-dated though
at least something they dont need

we did not have a cam with date, it was a slr. well, now we have a cam with date - but it does not ruin the picture, only a time stamp on the file.

well, it depends on the one processing your case. we got approved with non-dated picture. but i think my fiancee put in the month and year on the back of the picture.

Old May 4th 2003, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt have date stamped photo's, but were approved through CSC. What we did send were 6 photo's with us together and with both sets of family and we wrote on the back of each photo, the date, the location and who else was in the picture. Along with the pictures, we sent copies of airline tickets, boarding stubs, confirmation of the flights from the people we booked with, engagement ring receipts, copies of engagement cards from family and telephone bills. We even sent in copies of our return train tickets to London to go hand in hand with one of our evidence photos of us in front of Buckingham Palace.
Old May 4th 2003, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

If this was a consistent test for approval out of CSC, I would have failed it handsomely. I have no date-stamped pictures of any kind. Indeed, as I mentioned in another thread, my photographs weren't even "real" ones on photo paper. They were color printouts of my photographs which were taken with a digital camera and thus are stored on my computer. What I *did* do, however, was include in my (sworn) statement of intent a walkthrough of my evidence. That included explaining exactly where and when each photograph was taken, saying that the picture were being submitted to satisfy the personal meeting requirement. Maybe the fact that I did this made the difference, I don't know.

I did send e-mails and telephone bills and our passport stamps as well as printouts of my photograhs. But I did not provide any ticket stubs/receipts/itineraries/credit card or ATM receipts.

Sorry to hear that your adjudicator was so picky. Here's hoping you can get an approval very quickly after you submit additional evidence. I got an RFE but it was not for evidence of meeting, it was for a divorce decree BCIS had already been given. The good news is that once I sent in another copy, I got approval from CSC a week later.
Old May 4th 2003, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I sent a "covering letter" with the evidence that stated that the photo was taken on Feb 9th and where, and wrote our names and the date on the back of the photo as it was not printed on there... I hope this is enough!
Old May 4th 2003, 2:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly don't know why everyone is making an issue of the date stamped photos. As marilech noted, it is secondary evidence not primary as noted on the list of items which can be used to prove evidence of making met during the previous two year period. Give them whatever you have and don't over worry about the lack of photographs.

Rete

Old May 4th 2003, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I dont think the issue is particualry the photos or any other one thing. We are all just very worried that an officer in the BCIS ultimately has our destiny in their hands and has the power to "block" our futures.

I love my fiancee more than anything in the world, and it would be such a devastating blow to be denied the visa for some reason as I have found my soul mate, my friend, the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life. Because of that reason even the smallest things worry you out of all proportion

Sure, we would find a way round it, but it would be a huge blow to being together on a permanent basis as soon as we practically can. It is hard enough being apart from the person that means the world to you and who you would give up everything for.

Good luck with the RFE. I look forward to seeing your success story here soon

Lee
Old May 4th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

sparky22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours where not dated pictures.

However, here is what I did: I sent six picture of 3 different trips. I glued each 2 to an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, with explaintion, date, folks in the picures with us, etc.. as well as I referneced each picture to the stamp in the passport or an itnerary (or boarding pass), a car rental receipt and a hotel receipt, that we have included.
good luck.
Old May 5th 2003, 6:35 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Nanette used the date things on her pictures but had some trouble reading the directions. The date stamp read the year 2133. Although, I inlcuded passport stamps, hotel receips, etc., I will probably get RFE'ed requesting proof that I am not from the future. All 300 plus off my pictures were digital. I know that I am probably not being much help, but I would just suggest if it has anything to do with the two of you being together, make a copy and stick it in an envelope. To much is better than not enough, so long as it is organized Good, luck and be sure to keep us posted.

Scott
www.frontier-trading.com/nanette.htm
Old May 5th 2003, 6:56 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Soo.. the BCIS want dated pictures when the date can be reset manually. Therefore anyone who was planning to defraud them could easily circumvent this requirement and provide the "evidence" required.

I know - they are looking for a paper trail. Still, it would seem that one again this would realistically only affect unsuspecting honest individuals rather than those deliberately attempting to defraud the system *sigh*.

Scott - I'd like to hear the legal argument against your fiancee being allowed to immigrate if you were from the future. As along as you were born in the US and were legally resident, surely ??

*8 )
Old May 5th 2003, 8:34 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw <snip>
I will probably get RFE'ed requesting proof that I am not from the future.
Scott
Scott,
This made me ROTFL!!!

Debbie
Old May 5th 2003, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
To much is better than not enough, so long as it is organized Good, luck and be sure to keep us posted.
i dont agree with too much is better. it looks suspicious if you have the perfect evidence of meeting. it even wastes time that is needed to go through the material. as if you did it only to meet the requirements of a form. could you proof in 100 years how much you are in love? i dont think so.
Old May 5th 2003, 3:09 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Duckie,

You are correct as far as dealing with fiancee's from countries that do not have a large history of K-1 Visa fraud. Countries like the Philippines, Jamacia, Cuba, former Soviet States, etc... Have a tremendous amount of marriage related visa fraud causing the inspectors to use much more subjectivity in looking at the petitions. You are correct however that there is no real way to show the level of love that two people share. Keep in mind also that this thead is based off an RFE and not just a I-129f or K3 packet. If I get RFE'd becuase I did not send enough info, all that I can think of next are blood and DNA samples...

Scott
Old May 5th 2003, 6:21 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Duckie,

You are correct as far as dealing with fiancee's from countries that do not have a large history of K-1 Visa fraud. Countries like the Philippines, Jamacia, Cuba, former Soviet States, etc... Have a tremendous amount of marriage related visa fraud causing the inspectors to use much more subjectivity in looking at the petitions. You are correct however that there is no real way to show the level of love that two people share. Keep in mind also that this thead is based off an RFE and not just a I-129f or K3 packet. If I get RFE'd becuase I did not send enough info, all that I can think of next are blood and DNA samples...

Scott
I hope you get your approval soon, Scott. The mind boggles at DNA samples

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.