RFE I received today

Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFE I received today

On November 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I know I included every single form that was required as well as any translation. I can't wait to see what they are asking for. Additionally these forms were sent in by a lawyer so I know we sent everything in.

Should I be happy that they are finally looking at the case or be pissed off that they are asking for something that I am 95% sure they have already?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:28 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RFE I received today

Originally posted by tmushen
Should I be happy that they are finally looking at the case or be pissed off that they are asking for something that I am 95% sure they have already?
Both.

There's a chance they've just lost/misplaced something(s). Don't waste time being angry about it. Just resend it ASAP. I'm happy for you, that at least you know you're getting close...

What was your NOA1?
And are you K1 or K3?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
Both.

There's a chance they've just lost/misplaced something(s). Don't waste time being angry about it. Just resend it ASAP. I'm happy for you, that at least you know you're getting close...

What was your NOA1?
And are you K1 or K3?
I am K3 and my NOA1 is 8/6.

I know exactly what they want because when my lawyer originally sent in the forms he forgot to mail the G-325 which he sent the next day and this is what I am guessing they don't have. This means I need to get my wife to now sign this form and send it back to me and then forward it to BCIS. Therefore if they had these forms which where already sent we probably would have received an approval today which meant that my wife would have been here by Christmas because the interview in Ankara according to the US Embassy would have been done in 4 weeks or less.

Now I have to wait up to 14 days for this letter from BCIS and then send it back and then probably wait another 2 weels before they open the letter. I have been patient and I know I should be happy that I am getting closer but like I have written the past month we pay for others sloppy work.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:50 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

like I have written the past month we pay for others sloppy work.
Yes, but in this case, the "sloppy work" was from your lawyer.
I'm sorry.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
Yes, but in this case, the "sloppy work" was from your lawyer.
I'm sorry.
I do agree with you but I guess they felt like just throwing out the form when he sent it in the next day. He has a return receipt but this won't matter when they can't find it. I knew from day 1 that this form was sent the next day but because this sytem is so horrible you can't even make sure that the form was put with the rest of the file. Thus you have to wait 93 days until someone opens your file to see what they believe to be a missing form. Everyone talks about how they do all this processing in the prior 93 days Ibut don't believe that I think the file was just picked to up and reviewed in the past week.

Maybe I am wrong but what could possibly take this long to finally figure a form is missing if someone reviewed the file at anytime in the past 93 days.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I do agree with you but I guess they felt like just throwing out the form when he sent it in the next day. He has a return receipt but this won't matter when they can't find it. I knew from day 1 that this form was sent the next day but because this sytem is so horrible you can't even make sure that the form was put with the rest of the file. Thus you have to wait 93 days until someone opens your file to see what they believe to be a missing form. Everyone talks about how they do all this processing in the prior 93 days Ibut don't believe that I think the file was just picked to up and reviewed in the past week.

Maybe I am wrong but what could possibly take this long to finally figure a form is missing if someone reviewed the file at anytime in the past 93 days.
Call me curious but anyone else care to share what there are RFE's were requesting and how long after were they approved after providing the information?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you got the RFE. I can totally understand your frustration and aggrevation at this further delay. :-(

Best wishes for a speedy RFE process....

Rene
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:06 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I was a bit of both. Happy that my case was off the shelf, pissed off that they required more of what we had already given them.
Simple solution, dont get angry, give them everything they want (and then some) and then sit back. RFE's seem to be a 2-3 week notice of your impending approval

Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:43 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

t,

I agree with you - your file sat in a holding area for most of those 93 days and was looked at for the first time only a few days ago.

My personal experience tends to indicate, as your experiece does, that the SCs are unable to reliably connect subsequent mailings to the original submission except by the RFE 'process'.

Regards, JEff

.... Everyone talks about how they do all this processing in the prior 93 days Ibut don't believe that I think the file was just picked to up and reviewed in the past week.

Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your RFE. I think the only processing they do to our files in the 90+ days prior to adjudication, is the CLASS and IBIS checks.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaawwwww. I'm sorry tmushen.

Leslie
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:55 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

On November 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I know I included every single form that was required as well as any translation. I can't wait to see what they are asking for. Additionally these forms were sent in by a lawyer so I know we sent everything in.

Hey there tmushen

Dont you worry much about the RFE, If I were you I would be so happy because your application was FINALLY assigned to an USCIS officer
I wish you a very speedy RFE
Keep us posted!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:19 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

It's too bad you got the RFE. At least you know what it's about and can prepare everything while your lawyer gets the letter. Sorry to relay bad news though, as it seems to tag on another month to your waiting time on average. On the k1k3 timeline, there is one couple whose reply to their RFE was received on October 15 and to date they have not been approved.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

I am K3 and my NOA1 is 8/6.

I know exactly what they want because when my lawyer originally sent in the forms he forgot to mail the G-325 which he sent the next day and this is what I am guessing they don't have. This means I need to get my wife to now sign this form and send it back to me and then forward it to BCIS. Therefore if they had these forms which where already sent we probably would have received an approval today which meant that my wife would have been here by Christmas because the interview in Ankara according to the US Embassy would have been done in 4 weeks or less.

Now I have to wait up to 14 days for this letter from BCIS and then send it back and then probably wait another 2 weels before they open the letter. I have been patient and I know I should be happy that I am getting closer but like I have written the past month we pay for others sloppy work.
We have the same problem. They can't seem to find our G-325 forms. We sent ours in with the application, but now they don't have it. Our RFE was dated 10/30 and we got it on Tuesday. We should have the documents to them tomorrow.

I agree with the sentiments though. I'm angry that this happened, but happy that they are at least doing something. I think the official line is that when the FRE documents are received, you should get an approval within 30 days, at least that's what my lawyer said.

Michael
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:34 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default RFE

bad luck.. sorry about that..

we got an rfe as well.. they asked for more proof that we had met (pictures, passports and boarding passes apparently weren't enough

grr..

anyway, we sent it all in again, and then some.. and got approved about 2 weeks later..

yes it sucks and it was a setback, but in a way I was a little relieved that we were at least being looked at.. it could have been worse, they could have lost us all together or some equally nightmarish situation.

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.