Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

RFE for I-130(VSC), Im worried, Advice Pl....

RFE for I-130(VSC), Im worried, Advice Pl....

Old Nov 30th 2002, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road
Default RFE for I-130(VSC), Im worried, Advice Pl....

Hi all,

I was just checking the INS online status page, and read this:"On November 26,2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case". What can be the reasons for thema asking additional information, I havent recieved the actual notice yet from VSC, but my mind started wondering and im getting worried. my 1st NOA was July 17,2002.

Can anyone tell me why or what can be? I know I shoudnt be getting worried if I dont know what it is, but I cant help it.

Thanks,

regards,

Lizzie
Old Nov 30th 2002, 11:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE for I-130(VSC), Im worried, Advice Pl....

Perhaps worry is the wrong word. Perhaps you should be using wondering.

What do you have to worry about? You are married. It is legitimate. While no one can tell you want they want from you, you and I can hazard guesses. Perhaps the marriage certificate didn't show all the filing marks. Or you didn't include all the pages to a divorce decree. Or perhaps they need a long form birth certificate. Or perhaps they just misplaced a piece of evidence you sent and are requesting another. I have yet to see anyone who gets and RFE from the service center be denied.

Rete

Originally posted by lizzie1977
Hi all,

I was just checking the INS online status page, and read this:"On November 26,2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case". What can be the reasons for thema asking additional information, I havent recieved the actual notice yet from VSC, but my mind started wondering and im getting worried. my 1st NOA was July 17,2002.

Can anyone tell me why or what can be? I know I shoudnt be getting worried if I dont know what it is, but I cant help it.

Thanks,

regards,

Lizzie
Old Nov 30th 2002, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rete
Perhaps worry is the wrong word. Perhaps you should be using wondering.

What do you have to worry about? You are married. It is legitimate. While no one can tell you want they want from you, you and I can hazard guesses. Perhaps the marriage certificate didn't show all the filing marks. Or you didn't include all the pages to a divorce decree. Or perhaps they need a long form birth certificate. Or perhaps they just misplaced a piece of evidence you sent and are requesting another. I have yet to see anyone who gets and RFE from the service center be denied.

Rete

Thanks Rete

I think you are right, I shouldnt be worrying, yes I am wondering, but I'll wait until I get the notice. Thanks for your advice.

Lizzie
Old Dec 1st 2002, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

We have filed our forms at VSC. My fiance had exactly the same notice on the online status page on the 26th Nov, luckily he received some post on Fri 29th, they are requesting evidence that we have met, we have met over 40 times and spent loads of time together, but he didnt include any pictures of us together and that is key, they get so many applications and they need to be sure that we have met. Our letter says that once they receive the info back it will take a minimum of 14 days to put on the system and that if we do not hear anything in 60 days we are to contact them

All I can say is that I doubt my RFE is the same as yours, everyones RFE varies. I was worrying also, but the best way to look at it is that atleast you know that your forms have been looked at.

Dont worry I am sure you will know by monday.

Take care

Deex
Old Dec 1st 2002, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lizze,

Your K3 got approved already, right. So does it really matter if you got an RFE? (I dont want to sound ignorant, I'm just curious).

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2002, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Deex,

What kind of application did you file with VSC? Please post your timeline, thanks.

Claudia
Old Dec 1st 2002, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by claudia13839
Lizze,

Your K3 got approved already, right. So does it really matter if you got an RFE? (I dont want to sound ignorant, I'm just curious).

Thanks

Hi Deex and Claudia,

First Deex, thanks for your advice , I think you are right, At first I was wondering a lot,(kind of freaking out here all alone), but after a while I am feeling better, nothing to worry about.

To you Claudia, don't think sound ignorant, is a simple and true concern. Yes my K3 was approved, but we need the I-130 to be approved so we can go for adjustment of status later on. I'm wondering what can be, but hopefully will find out on Monday.

Thanks for your your advice, really feeling better now.

Regards,

Lizzie
Old Dec 1st 2002, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point

Time lines below
K1 Fiance Visa Timeline
10/19/02 I129F Sent to VSC
09/25/02 1st NOA
09/26/02 Received NOA receipt in mail
11/05/02 Packet 3 forms sent to London
11/15/02 Email confirmation that provisional file opened in London
11/26/02 Online status RFE required
11/28/02 RFE received in post (evidence we have met required)

Deex
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone, Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Im just updating on the post I did last saturday, when I was feeling little paranoic about a RFE from VSC for I-130 filling.

I got it yest, and it is about INS requesting a Original of my Birth Certificate or Passport. Everything comes because in the past they have discovered fraudulent Birth Certificates provided by people applying from Dominican Republic as if they were borned in Puerto Rico. So they are asking for the new form (after 1978) from Puerto Rico.

Although I have an original with me, Ill be getting a new one from the Department of Health from Puerto Rico. Hope this will be enough. For sure I was borned in Puerto Rico, but what I can do if they think something else.

Regards,

Alice