RFE delay I-765?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

forts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFE delay I-765?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Was this what the RFE was actually for... or are you just suggesting that this is what it might have been? Please clarify.

Ian
A suggestion, and an incorrect one - something I came across when doing something involving my Affidavit of Support. I will not post here again until I have an actual answer to report - you guys are probably as interested as me at this point!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

forts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFE delay I-765?

Originally Posted by meauxna
Specifically what that section means is that when a visa application is submitted through the NVC (part of DOS), there is an additional fee for the review. (the NVC would be the 'domestic' part of the DOS, which we normally see expressed as 'the Consulate)
This applies to Immigrant Visa applicants who were petitioned through a US Service Center. I'm pretty sure the NVC is doing all the document collection and appointment setting now. If not 100% of Consulates, the vast, vast majority of them.

Now, if someone petitions & applies overseas (like a DCF), there is no review fee. You submit the I-864 at the interview and it's decided on the spot.

With the AOS applications, it goes through NBC/Missouri/whatever their name is today and again, there is no document review fee.

Can't give you more karma yet, so I wanted to say thanks for the info anyway.