Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Response from Congressman today

Response from Congressman today

Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Response from Congressman today

Welp today I finally heard from the congressman about the inquery of my husbands k-3 visa. NOT GOOD!!!
They sent the following letter from Casablanca:
Thank you for your fax Feb6,2004, Concerning the visa applacation if Driss
According to our records, Mr. Driss---- is the beneficiary of a k-3 visa...blablabla..now to the point, His applacation was deferred, not refused, under section 221g of the INA as amended. The consular officer asked Mr. Driss to provide more evidence of his relationship with Mrs.Alicia. Once the Immigrant visa unit recieves the required additional evidence of relationship, ot will be possible for our offive to further process Mr.Driss visa applacation.

I pitched a big ol' fit when I read this. and in responce I send them the following email. Do you think I was to harsh?? and what the hell else do they want...pictures of us consummating our marriage????? ( i think thats how its spelled)

opps edit for name

Last edited by Alicia&Driss; Feb 14th 2004 at 1:48 am.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Response from Congressman today

Consulate General of the United States of America,
Today I received a letter from an inquiry made at my local Congress office about my husband’s k-3 visa, because his interview was January 20th, 2004 and we still had not gotten a phone call that his visa was ready. The letter stated that he was told that he needed more proof of the relationship. When my husbands interview was over the lady told him that his visa was not ready yet, and that they would call when it was time to come and pick it up. He asked if he needed to bring anything back with him, and she told him no. He also asked if he needed to pay again and she told him no. However during his interview the lady asked him if he had any photos and he responded and gave her an album with over 100 pictures of us in it, She gave it back and said she only needed to see one of him and I together, and one of me and his family. She did read a couple of letters, but then handed the things back to my husband, and nothing else was looked at. In the stuff my husband brought were 8 letters from my family members, supporting our marriage, all of them have spoken with Driss by phone and talk through the computer with him. He also had with him 5 phone bills and several calls from this past year, and a letter from me stating that we talk mostly over the internet because it is so expensive to call, he too brought his records from the internet showing that everyday he is there at the same time. He brought many personal letters from myself, and my family that have been mailed over the past year. And a videotape of our wedding. Also the bank account is in both of our names. And lastly we had conversations from our talks on the internet printed out so our conversations could be seen. Could you please tell me what else we need as proof of our marriage? We have been separated for 222 days today, and this is an unbearable pain to be without my husband. My father and Grandmother have a reception planned with over 100 guest invited already, this is scheduled for the first of March. Never in our wildest dreams did we think that the proof of our relationship would not be enough, we thought that we had brought too many things. So if you can please let me know what else we will need, we will have it for you. Thank you so much for your quick response to my Inquiry this week through Congressman **********s office, and hopefully we can get this lack of evidence matter taken care of as soon as possible. My husband can be there Friday February 13th, 2004 at 8:00 am to present these items again and anything else that you will need. You can contact either one of us at anytime, or reach me by email. Thank you so much for your time in reuniting me with my husband.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

darljl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Today I received a letter from an inquiry made at my local Congress office about my husband’s k-3 visa, because his interview was January 20th, 2004 and we still had not gotten a phone call that his visa was ready. The letter stated that he was told that he needed more proof of the relationship. When my husbands interview was over the lady told him that his visa was not ready yet, and that they would call when it was time to come and pick it up. He asked if he needed to bring anything back with him, and she told him no. He also asked if he needed to pay again and she told him no. However during his interview the lady asked him if he had any photos and he responded and gave her an album with over 100 pictures of us in it, She gave it back and said she only needed to see one of him and I together, and one of me and his family. She did read a couple of letters, but then handed the things back to my husband, and nothing else was looked at. In the stuff my husband brought were 8 letters from my family members, supporting our marriage, all of them have spoken with Driss by phone and talk through the computer with him. He also had with him 5 phone bills and several calls from this past year, and a letter from me stating that we talk mostly over the internet because it is so expensive to call, he too brought his records from the internet showing that everyday he is there at the same time. He brought many personal letters from myself, and my family that have been mailed over the past year. And a videotape of our wedding. Also the bank account is in both of our names. And lastly we had conversations from our talks on the internet printed out so our conversations could be seen. Could you please tell me what else we need as proof of our marriage? We have been separated for 222 days today, and this is an unbearable pain to be without my husband. My father and Grandmother have a reception planned with over 100 guest invited already, this is scheduled for the first of March. Never in our wildest dreams did we think that the proof of our relationship would not be enough, we thought that we had brought too many things. So if you can please let me know what else we will need, we will have it for you. Thank you so much for your quick response to my Inquiry this week through Congressman **********s office, and hopefully we can get this lack of evidence matter taken care of as soon as possible. My husband can be there Friday February 13th, 2004 at 8:00 am to present these items again and anything else that you will need. You can contact either one of us at anytime, or reach me by email. Thank you so much for your time in reuniting me with my husband.
It is so hard to believe that they want more. What more can they want...do you think they will reply you and tell you exactly what they want to see or will you just send more of what they already have. I pray everything will be fine...Keep the faith
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by darljl
It is so hard to believe that they want more. What more can they want...do you think they will reply you and tell you exactly what they want to see or will you just send more of what they already have. I pray everything will be fine...Keep the faith
Thank you so much for your prayers. They sure are needed. Im realy not sure what else that they could want. I think that they just did not take the time to look at everything. And now they they want to use this as an excuse not to grant my husband visa. Is the only possible thing I can come up with. I sure hope they will reply, cause my husband will be there on Friday. Of coarse im not sure if it will do any good, but is a 10 hour round trip for him to go there.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for your prayers. They sure are needed. Im realy not sure what else that they could want. I think that they just did not take the time to look at everything. And now they they want to use this as an excuse not to grant my husband visa. Is the only possible thing I can come up with. I sure hope they will reply, cause my husband will be there on Friday. Of coarse im not sure if it will do any good, but is a 10 hour round trip for him to go there.
The email I thought was perfect. You were very polite and clearly stated/asked what else could you have provided. I would send a copy of your email to your Congressman so they have a copy on file.

What was your Congessman's reaction when you explained to him/her that they wanted more evidence on top of everything you have already provided?
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tmushen
The email I thought was perfect. You were very polite and clearly stated/asked what else could you have provided. I would send a copy of your email to your Congressman so they have a copy on file.

What was your Congessman's reaction when you explained to him/her that they wanted more evidence on top of everything you have already provided?
Thanks I was worried about the email being harsh because I am so mad and upset. Actually I got this tonight in the mail so I have not spoke to the Congressman as of yet. But I plan to call them first thing in the morning. Good Idea about sending it to the congressman....maybe he too can fax it to Morocco and get a better response then im sure I will get
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:12 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

We have been separated for 222 days
Firstly, I am so sorry...
Secondly, I didn't think you were too harsh in your email.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
Firstly, I am so sorry...
Secondly, I didn't think you were too harsh in your email.

Thanks so much
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Honey get you more than vinegar. For my taste and based upon my experience, it is too acusatory.

I would have taken the approach that we are eager to be together, but we are now confused since we are getting conflicting signals -- please clarify and we'll be more than happy to provide you with what you need to make a favorable decision.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Honey get you more than vinegar. For my taste and based upon my experience, it is too acusatory.

I would have taken the approach that we are eager to be together, but we are now confused since we are getting conflicting signals -- please clarify and we'll be more than happy to provide you with what you need to make a favorable decision.
EWWWWWWW I was so worried about that. But I hit the send button already. I dont want an argument or anything problems at all with them.Cause our lives are in their hands.....But how could they need more then we have already given? Shucks shucks dang!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

darljl is an unknown quantity at this point

Welp today I finally heard from the congressman about the inquery of my husbands k-3 visa. NOT GOOD!!!
According to our records, Mr. Driss---- is the beneficiary of a k-3 visa...blablabla..now to the point, His applacation was deferred, not refused, under section 221g of the INA as amended. The consular officer asked Mr. Driss to provide more evidence of his relationship with Mrs.Alicia. Once the Immigrant visa unit recieves the required additional evidence of relationship, ot will be possible for our offive to further process Mr. Yousfis visa applacation.

I pitched a big ol' fit when I read this. and in responce I send them the following email. Do you think I was to harsh?? and what the hell else do they want...pictures of us consummating our marriage????? ( i think thats how its spelled)
I know it is hard to get financial documentation of being married when you are not actually living together, but I think that proof of him being on your health insurance, as a beneficiary of any assets you have (life insurance, 1040K, etc.,) joint credit cards, proof of your name change on driver's license and Social Security cards, including him on your 1040 (check with an tax accounting about that for your particulars), receipts of any purchases make together, and receipts of trips, etc. In rereading your letter to the Consular I did not see much paper-solid financial evidence. I am sure you have some or can make the necessary arrangements to procure it I stayed awake a long time thinking about all of this and I just thought these thoughts might help you.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:52 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

I think the email is fine. Maybe a little harsh but understandable given your situation!

Let us know how things go!

James
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:06 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I have no advice to offer but I am thinking of you and hope you get a speedy resolution.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by sibsie
I'm so sorry you're going through all this. I have no advice to offer but I am thinking of you and hope you get a speedy resolution.
Ditto - in your situation I would feel as you do, and I would have to enlist someone else to write the letter/email for me.

We're all behind you...

Kath
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:31 am
dave w

How about a copy of your marriage license, and a letter from the person who married you?

According to our records, Mr. Driss---- is the beneficiary of a k-3 visa...blablabla..now to the point, His applacation was deferred, not refused, under section 221g of the INA as amended. The consular officer asked Mr. Driss to provide more evidence of his relationship with Mrs.Alicia. Once the Immigrant visa unit recieves the required additional evidence of relationship, ot will be possible for our offive to further process Mr. Yousfis visa applacation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.