Resident Visa Advice

Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

purpleplant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Resident Visa Advice

Hi there

My family and I are currently waiting to hear from the consular with regards to an interview. Our petition was family based and was sent in 1997, it was approved last year and we sent off the DS-230 Part 1 forms in January 2010 and the notification of applicant readiness form was sent about four weeks ago. Under the family visa based application, how long is it normally before the interview? I read somewhere that it is normally a month? Can somebody please confirm

Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Visa Advice

Originally Posted by purpleplant
Hi there

My family and I are currently waiting to hear from the consular with regards to an interview. Our petition was family based and was sent in 1997, it was approved last year and we sent off the DS-230 Part 1 forms in January 2010 and the notification of applicant readiness form was sent about four weeks ago. Under the family visa based application, how long is it normally before the interview? I read somewhere that it is normally a month? Can somebody please confirm

Thanks
What country are you coming from?

Rene
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Sorry, UK
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, UK
The US embassy in London was very busy during August. I believe they are putting interviews out about 6 to 8 weeks.

Rene
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks! that's good for us, we're not in any hurry and the reason I was asking was basically because somebody told me that they applied 7 months ago and they've yet to hear back for an interview?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 4:34 pm

Ok thanks! that's good for us, we're not in any hurry and the reason I was asking was basically because somebody told me that they applied 7 months ago and they've yet to hear back for an interview?
You mean they turned in their readiness checklist and haven't heard anything for 7 months?? In that case, they should definitely follow up. It might take 2 months to get an interview date, but not 7.

Rene
Old Sep 5th 2010, 5:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Based on your first post, your IV number may not yet be available. You don't have a scheduling problem, you have a waiting-for-priority problem.
They start collecting your paperwork early (via NVC) so that as soon as you are eligible, they can put you in the interview queue. It sounds like a similar deal for your friends.