Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Required vacinations for AOS from Ireland

Required vacinations for AOS from Ireland

Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:32 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Required vacinations for AOS from Ireland

On the USCIS site it lists:
Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus
Diphtheria toxoids
Pertussis
Influenza type B
Hepatitis B

Will I need all the above shots or are there some not required for someone from Ireland?
TIA
Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:40 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Required vacinations for AOS from Ireland

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus
Diphtheria toxoids
Pertussis
Influenza type B
Hepatitis B

Will I need all the above shots or are there some not required for someone from Ireland?
TIA
Patrick
I think that's all the shots you need. If wrong.. please someone correct me nicely
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:57 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I think that's all the shots you need. If wrong.. please someone correct me nicely
But I already have had rubella and measles (contracted them as a child) and Hepititis B is a series of 3 shots? I have had Pertussis shot (series of 3) when I was a child (whooping cough) also had polio when I was a child, (sugar lumps), not sure where that would be recorded though. Never have had a flu, tetanus, mumps or diphtheria shots, are they all charged indivually? That could get REAL expensive very quickly.
Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:10 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

But I already have had rubella and measles (contracted them as a child) and Hepititis B is a series of 3 shots? I have had Pertussis shot (series of 3) when I was a child (whooping cough) also had polio when I was a child, (sugar lumps), not sure where that would be recorded though. Never have had a flu, tetanus, mumps or diphtheria shots, are they all charged indivually? That could get REAL expensive very quickly.
Patrick
I had the varicella shot when I was very young but ended up getting it.. I brought my vaccination history with me and the Dr who examinated me ticked that I already had that shot.. I didn't need a new one, he didn't state that I had varicella in the past either.
Some jabs are only required at a certain age, you could request a copy of your vaccination history.. take it to your Dr and ask him what vaccinations you need, That's what I did before I went for my medical.. so I didn't have to pay extra for the shots
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Patrick
When you go for your medical (which for Ireland occurs before you return your checklist to the Embassy rather than on the day of the interview like London) the doctor will give you the vaccinations he feels you should have. They seem pretty relaxed about it. My husband requested his records from his childhood doctor, but I'm not even sure the doctor looked at them. David was given only a tetanus/diptheria jab at the medical; he wasn't charged extra for it.

So where are you in the process? There is a small group of us on this NG going through Dublin. Welcome to the group!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Buendia
When you go for your medical (which for Ireland occurs before you return your checklist to the Embassy rather than on the day of the interview like London) the doctor will give you the vaccinations he feels you should have. They seem pretty relaxed about it. My husband requested his records from his childhood doctor, but I'm not even sure the doctor looked at them. David was given only a tetanus/diptheria jab at the medical; he wasn't charged extra for it.

So where are you in the process? There is a small group of us on this NG going through Dublin. Welcome to the group!

Buendia, Patrick is in the US, not residing in Ireland at the moment. His medical will be in the US.

At the time of the medical the doctor will take into account the country you were raised in and your age in determining which vaccinations you have already had and which are needed. You can, of course, get the shots from your own doctor. Just be sure to bring proof that you have recently had them with you.

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2004, 12:07 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus
Diphtheria toxoids
Pertussis
Influenza type B
Hepatitis B

TIA
Patrick
Patrick why have you not mentioned that you are already in the US?? Most US Consulates overseas don't require you to have ALL those vaccinations except for children or if you are very old. The consulates overseas require you to have only the DPT, MMR if you were born before 1957 and quite often Varicella. Just to give you an idea of what you may require...
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Patrick why have you not mentioned that you are already in the US?? Most US Consulates overseas don't require you to have ALL those vaccinations except for children or if you are very old. The consulates overseas require you to have only the DPT, MMR if you were born before 1957 and quite often Varicella. Just to give you an idea of what you may require...

I guess Patrick thought people would associate him with his Usenet name of Patrick which he was posting under before jointing british expats.

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:27 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Rete
I guess Patrick thought people would associate him with his Usenet name of Patrick which he was posting under before jointing british expats.

Rete
Sorry for the confusion,
I am living in US for last 4 years, is real nice to meet some people from Ireland here, makes me feel a little more at home

So from what I am reading here, I can go to my own doctor, get the shots and then go to the medical with the record of what shots I got. Both Hepititus and Flu shots are not something I am very happy about getting though.
If I made an appointment with the surgeon for the medical, will they tell me on the phone for sure if I need those shots? I am 40 yrs old and so a little concerned about some of these shots.
Thanks again to everyone for their help and input, especially nice to see some Irish faces
Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:30 pm
Banned

So from what I am reading here, I can go to my own doctor, get the shots and then go to the medical with the record of what shots I got. Both Hepititus and Flu shots are not something I am very happy about getting though.
If I made an appointment with the surgeon for the medical, will they tell me on the phone for sure if I need those shots? I am 40 yrs old and so a little concerned about some of these shots.
Thanks again to everyone for their help and input, especially nice to see some Irish faces
Patrick
Based on your age, I don't think you will need the two you mentioned....
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:37 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Based on your age, I don't think you will need the two you mentioned....
That would be a real relief. I think I will schedule an appointment with my present doctor and get the missing shots and then leave the ones we are not sure about for the surgeon who does the medical. Are the shots based on what someone living in the US would already have as a normal resident here in the US, i.e. born and raised here?

Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:38 pm
Banned

That would be a real relief. I think I will schedule an appointment with my present doctor and get the missing shots and then leave the ones we are not sure about for the surgeon who does the medical. Are the shots based on what someone living in the US would already have as a normal resident here in the US, i.e. born and raised here?

Patrick
Here's a thread that might give you an idea of what you could do next:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=205021
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:52 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Here's a thread that might give you an idea of what you could do next:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=205021
Excellent link, will call my doctor when they open and set up an appointment to get my immunizations up to date.
Thanks
Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:55 pm
Concierge

Patrick

Why? Were you born and raised in the US? If so that would make you a US Citizen and then you would not have to get any USCIS benefits for residency?

The criteria for jabs as I mentioned is based on where you were born but more importantly where you were raised. For most people raised in a first world nation, you will have had most if not all of the shots that the USCIS require. Perhaps an update on one or two but nothing more than that. Not sure about the HepB shot as it is not mandatory for US Citizens. I've never had it, nor have my children. Neither is the flu shot mandatory. I've had it once and never will take it again. I don't believe that is on the list anyway.

As for the Chicken pox vaccination, you can be tested for the antibodies for that by your medical doctor to determine if you have had the disease in childhood.

Rete
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:00 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Rete
Why? Were you born and raised in the US? If so that would make you a US Citizen and then you would not have to get any USCIS benefits for residency?

The criteria for jabs as I mentioned is based on where you were born but more importantly where you were raised. For most people raised in a first world nation, you will have had most if not all of the shots that the USCIS require. Perhaps an update on one or two but nothing more than that. Not sure about the HepB shot as it is not mandatory for US Citizens. I've never had it, nor have my children. Neither is the flu shot mandatory. I've had it once and never will take it again. I don't believe that is on the list anyway.

As for the Chicken pox vaccination, you can be tested for the antibodies for that by your medical doctor to determine if you have had the disease in childhood.

Rete
Thanks Rete, nope was born and raised in Ireland, I was just confirming the criteria for what vacinations were needed and was thinking it was to bring the immigrant up to date with shots that normal USC would have. I think also some of the shots might be for countries with a high prevelance of certain diseases?
As I said, come 9 am I will call my doctor and set up an appointment to get this sorted.
Thanks again
Patrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.