Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Request interview date ?

Request interview date ?

Old Dec 29th 2003, 7:14 pm
Michelle Smith

Default Request interview date ?

Hi Folks

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and looking forward to a New Year !

I called NVC today and was told that our file was sent to London today
The lady gave me our London Case Number ...WooooooHoooooo!

I was wondering if there is anyone on here that has requested an interview
date from London and been successful at getting one either by calling or
e-mailing them.
I am almost sure it can be done but im not sure what I say in the letter,
well I know that Herb really wants to get a flight booked so he can be with
myself and my son I am thrilled !!!!!

Any help appreciated

We have another and final wedding date Feb 14th 2004 so we are hoping to
get an interview date for 19th January 2004.
Does anyone know if this maybe possible ?

Thanks in Advance to everyone

Michelle & Herb
NOA1 21st April 2003
NOA2 12th December 2003
NVC 22nd December 2003
Sent to London 29th December 2003
Waiting for London Interview date.....Hoping for 19th January 2004

Old Dec 29th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Request interview date ?

Michelle - I e mailed the London embassy asking if they'd give me an interview date asap - they replied a few days later by which time I'd also received the appointment letter. No harm in trying Michelle??
Old Dec 29th 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Oh and I forget to say - when I e mailed them I just said that due to work commitments I needed to have an interview date as soon as possible so I could book the time off well in advance
Old Dec 29th 2003, 7:52 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I sent them a covering letter when I returned my packet 3. I got the date a few days later!

Jayne
Old Dec 30th 2003, 12:40 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Michelle, we have the same NOA2 date!
You're giving me hope that things are in moving along, even if I am still seeing an empty mailbox every day...
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:01 pm
Michelle Smith

Wow ! are you going through London too ?
as you see I called NVC and I got my London case number LND.......
There is hope and we shall have our pack 3 in the post i think just after
new year so hang in there

Michelle & Herb

"Simon&Vik" <member15563@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Michelle, we have the same NOA2 date!
    > You're giving me hope that things are in moving along, even if I am
    > still seeing an empty mailbox every day...
    > --
    > ~ Simon &amp; Vik ~
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:48 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Michelle!

A lot of people say that London is very accommodating and I found them to be very patient and informative.

If I were you, I'd email them to find out if they've received the file from NVC, and tactfully mention a date you're hoping for. Of course they won't schedule a date til they've gotten packet 3 from you, so i'd send that back via registered mail, track it, wait til you know they have it, and then email them again to confirm they received it. If you ask how long it's likely to be to get a date, they may well give you a date in their reply.

I did that when I was pulling my hair out waiting for a date, and they replied the same morning I asked them to confirm they'd received my approval notice. (That was back in the days before NVC, and you could open provisional files.)

Kate. xxxxx
Old Dec 30th 2003, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Paul&Dawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle,

My fiance (US citizen), emailed the London Embassy and requested a specific date for my interview, and we were granted that date.

He explained to them that he wanted to be with me for the interview, and needed to know if we could have that particular date so he could book his flight, accommodation, etc.

The Embassy staff were wonderful - even allowing me to fax packet 3 to them to save time. I cannot praise them, or thank them, enough.

Dawn
Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:13 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Michelle Smith
Wow ! are you going through London too ?
as you see I called NVC and I got my London case number LND.......[/q1]
I just FINALLY got ahold of them tonite!
I have spent over an hour total on the phone on hold for them... Twice, I was disconnected after being on hold for about 17 minutes! BAH!

But I got the good news that they recieved our case Dec 23 and sent it on to London Dec 29!

Sadly, I was so excited about the good news, I forgot to get our new case number... Doh! Guess I'll be calling that, cuz that's the only number the Embassy can help us with, right?
Old Dec 31st 2003, 11:40 am

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
I have spent over an hour total on the phone on hold for them... Twice, I was disconnected after being on hold for about 17 minutes! BAH!

But I got the good news that they recieved our case Dec 23 and sent it on to London Dec 29!

Sadly, I was so excited about the good news, I forgot to get our new case number... Doh! Guess I'll be calling that, cuz that's the only number the Embassy can help us with, right?
EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!!!!!! I called the London number once, and after I discovered how much better it was to email, I never called them.

[email protected]

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Dec 31st 2003, 11:42 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I included a cover-letter with my packet 3 and also emailed the London consulate asking for the earliest interview date possible. They were very efficient and I think I only had to wait a week for my interview. Definitely give them ideas of specific dates as they seem to try to work with you.
Good luck.

[email protected]
Old Dec 31st 2003, 12:53 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simon&Vik

Yes Vik you need that case number, btw don't feel bad I did the same thing this spring, so had to call NVC back, . Once you've got that number you can use it to contact London by email, using Simon's full name.
Good luck
Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Erinity is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to be the only one with bad news. Our packet 3 was received last Monday at the London consulate, and they have not sent us an interview date, even though they had told us they'd inform us via e-mail. I am assuming that the consulate has been closed from Christmas eve until New Year's, perhaps even until next Monday. I am expecting they will have a backup of paperwork due to how long they've been closed.

I feel like we're stuck in the last step. Hopefully they can grant you your date though.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:43 pm

Originally posted by Erinity
I hate to be the only one with bad news. Our packet 3 was received last Monday at the London consulate, and they have not sent us an interview date, even though they had told us they'd inform us via e-mail. I am assuming that the consulate has been closed from Christmas eve until New Year's, perhaps even until next Monday. I am expecting they will have a backup of paperwork due to how long they've been closed.

I feel like we're stuck in the last step. Hopefully they can grant you your date though.
That does seems to hold them up. They always replied to me within the same day, or the next day at the latest. But around Christmas/New Year, they took almost a week to answer.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Dec 31st 2003, 3:55 pm
Together at last!

Originally posted by katesuiter1
EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!!!!!! I called the London number once, and after I discovered how much better it was to email, I never called them.
I was calling NVC. Not the Embassy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.