Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Request for Initial Evidence!

Request for Initial Evidence!

Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for Initial Evidence!

Originally Posted by davidAW
I read the Wiki and it intimated that the EAD would be sent "45 to 60 days from the date the application is received by USCIS". Is this "application" the I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) which was received by them on May 29th 2009 or does the clock start again from the July 20th date when the I-485 application was (hopefully) fully documented?
The 45 to 60 day quote is off base. It's actually more like 90 days from the time you send in the AOS package, or even 90 days from the time you get biometrics done, but that's for a smooth case with no RFE's. Once there is an RFE involved, all the process times go out the window, and you can't calculate the 60 or 90 days anymore. Processing has resumed on your case, so the next thing will be going to get your biometrics. I hope your EAD comes sooner rather than later, but you can't count anymore on any posted processing times, because of your RFE.

One more question if I may, does the EAD just get mailed or do they update the website and send an e-mail (if the e-mail option is subscribed to)?
Sometimes the updates show up online or via email, sometimes not. It's not highly reliable.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

davidAW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your help.

Biometrics were done July 6th!

David
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your help.

Biometrics were done July 6th!

David
For both the I-485 and the I-765? If so, great! Hope you get an update soon.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Just checked the I-797C Notice of Action and the Biometrics were indeed for case type I-485 and I-765.

The I-797 (containing the date for the Biometrics appointment) is dated June 8th, only about a week after the whole application was sent in and well before the RIE/RFE's!

David

Last edited by davidAW; Jul 24th 2009 at 1:44 am.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I read the Wiki and it intimated that the EAD would be sent "45 to 60 days from the date the application is received by USCIS".
The Wiki says:
#7 If applicant submitted I-765, and the application is approved, the EAD will be sent in the mail around 45 to 90 days from the date the application is received by USCIS. Applicant will receive a rejection notice if the application for the EAD is denied.
#8 If applicant submitted I-131, and the application is approved, the AP documents will be sent in the mail around 45 to 60 days from the date the application is received by USCIS. The applicant will receive a rejection notice of the application for AP is denied.

Advance Parole is often sent to the applicant before the EAD. EADs routinely take 90 days, but I've read more than one report of the EAD arriving earlier than that.

Once you've had an RFE, all processing averages are thrown out & there's no way to reliably guess how long your case could take.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for that.

I didn't make an I-131 application but in any case its now just a waiting game!

David
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

(very excited now ), Just received the following e-mail:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 30, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Sorry to be thick but what is this "card", I have a SS card so is this actually another card like a SS one and over and above the "Green Card" ?

Thanks

David
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

D,

It looks similar to a green card, except for the legend across the top, and becomes moot once you have a green card. (It may be taken away from you at your adjustment interview.)

Regards, JEff

Update:

(very excited now ), Just received the following e-mail:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 30, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Sorry to be thick but what is this "card", I have a SS card so is this actually another card like a SS one and over and above the "Green Card" ?

Thanks

David
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Cool, many thanks!

So with this card, I can then get my Social Security card changed so that the "not authorised for employment without INS authorization" legend is removed (?) But despite that, as soon as I receive the EAD I can work, is this correct or do I have to wait for AOS ?

David

Last edited by davidAW; Jul 31st 2009 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, you need to have a green card before the SSA will remove the legend. The EA card is the evidence of "INS authorization" that the legend is reminding employers they need to see.

EA means employment authorized. Translation - you can work. If you had to wait for AOS to complete before you could work there'd be no point to you getting an EAD, would there?

Regards, JEff

Cool, many thanks!

So with this card, I can then get my Social Security card changed so that the "not authorised for employment without INS authorization" legend is removed (?) But despite that, as soon as I receive the EAD I can work, is this correct or do I have to wait for AOS ?

David
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Got it, thanks again Jeff!

David
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
The Wiki says:
#7 If applicant submitted I-765, and the application is approved, the EAD will be sent in the mail around 45 to 90 days from the date the application is received by USCIS. Applicant will receive a rejection notice if the application for the EAD is denied.
#8 If applicant submitted I-131, and the application is approved, the AP documents will be sent in the mail around 45 to 60 days from the date the application is received by USCIS. The applicant will receive a rejection notice of the application for AP is denied.

Advance Parole is often sent to the applicant before the EAD. EADs routinely take 90 days, but I've read more than one report of the EAD arriving earlier than that. Once you've had an RFE, all processing averages are thrown out & there's no way to reliably guess how long your case could take.
ICK! This must be what has happened to me. I had an RFE way back in April, when I sent the package off. Case now sent to CSC and still no EAD!

P.S I have been looking for a number to call..... Anyone have any ideas? The one on the notice doesn't really do much.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gstring
ICK! This must be what has happened to me. I had an RFE way back in April, when I sent the package off. Case now sent to CSC and still no EAD!

P.S I have been looking for a number to call..... Anyone have any ideas? The one on the notice doesn't really do much.
There isn't anyone to call...

You can check each application's status on uscis.gov (reliability varies). You don't say what date in April, but you're getting close to the 90 days, so look sharp. Make sure your name is in the mailbox (I write it on a little card & stick it inside). Sign up for the email alerts on your portfolio from USCIS.

Love your new photo! And I was trying to remember what your nickname was for; you both look like rock supah stahs!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
There isn't anyone to call...

You can check each application's status on uscis.gov (reliability varies). You don't say what date in April, but you're getting close to the 90 days, so look sharp. Make sure your name is in the mailbox (I write it on a little card & stick it inside). Sign up for the email alerts on your portfolio from USCIS.

Love your new photo! And I was trying to remember what your nickname was for; you both look like rock supah stahs!
Thank you. That is what I thought... but I'm still looking for one! ANYONE!! It was 15th April. I signed up right away and made my portfolio. The case hasn't been updated since 05/06/09. So, what do I do? Write them a little letter you say?

The piccie was taken on our wedding day a month ago. We did the courthouse as soon as arrived. The nickname was something my girls made up (an all girl rock band kinda thing). I'm not a real rock star, he is though!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by gstring
Thank you. That is what I thought... but I'm still looking for one! ANYONE!! It was 15th April. I signed up right away and made my portfolio. The case hasn't been updated since 05/06/09. So, what do I do? Write them a little letter you say?!
No...there isn't really anything you can do, just take the precautions meauxna suggested (putting your name in your mailbox, checking the status online, etc). You can't hurry them along at all, in any way whatsoever.

If you say your AOS case was recently transfered to CSC, you might even get your AOS approval before you get either the EAD or AP. Cases transferred to CSC usually mean a quick, no interview, approval.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.