Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Renew a Driving License with EAD 767c

Renew a Driving License with EAD 767c

Old May 18th 2006, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Help is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to all
Angry Renew a Driving License with EAD 767c

Hi all my EAD card has expired and I wish to renew my Driving License

At present I have applied for a new renewal EAD card and received the 767c notice.

Has anybody successfully obtained a new license by going to the department as i am sure these people are confused on what to do.

As I went along with my passport and they say my I94 has expired, looking at the advance parole stamp which says 2005 whats the use of this
Old May 18th 2006, 3:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renew a Driving License with EAD 767c

Originally Posted by Help
Hi all my EAD card has expired and I wish to renew my Driving License

At present I have applied for a new renewal EAD card and received the 767c notice.

Has anybody successfully obtained a new license by going to the department as i am sure these people are confused on what to do.
It might depend on the state (each one has different rules), but my guess is that they will need to see the actual EAD card, not just the NOA. It's the EAD card that has an expiration date on it, that they can use on your new driving license. The NOA has no expiration date. That's just my guess. My fiance/husband always used the actual EADs, he never tried it with just the NOA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 18th 2006, 3:08 pm
Kat

Default Re: Renew a Driving License with EAD 767c

Hi All
Renee is right on it depends on the state...when I lived in Virginia it
required the EAD card where now I live in Colorado it required nothing
at all...not even a piece of paper i just had to show them id with my
name on it with valid address..lol talk about a difference between
states. Call your local DMV I am sure they will be happy to assist you
in anyway they can.