Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Removals Of Conditions...

Wikiposts

Removals Of Conditions...

Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of
Default Removals Of Conditions...

So this is looming, well it's not in the NEAR future. But I do need to start preparing. I'll be using the same Immigration Attorney that I used for my AOS. She was brilliant and I trust her.

I adjusted from the VWP. Will this have any effect on me removing conditions?

The stuff I have so far that I think is relevant is joint Health Insurance, Joint Lease, Joint Car Lease, Joint Bank Account... I'm the beneficiary of his IRA and we'll also have life insurance/wills before I file the paperwork. We have tons of evidence. Is there anything in particular that USCIS is looking for?

Is this process as stressful as AOS? I'm hoping not...
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals Of Conditions...

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
I adjusted from the VWP. Will this have any effect on me removing conditions?
Probably not, unless they somehow feel your 2-year card was issued in error...but my layman's opinion is that it won't be an issue.

The stuff I have so far that I think is relevant is joint Health Insurance, Joint Lease, Joint Car Lease, Joint Bank Account... I'm the beneficiary of his IRA and we'll also have life insurance/wills before I file the paperwork. We have tons of evidence. Is there anything in particular that USCIS is looking for?
You should include pretty much the same type of things you included with your AOS application. USCIS is looking for proof that you still have a bona-fide joint life together. Don't forget to include tax returns showing filing in the "married" category.

Is this process as stressful as AOS? I'm hoping not...
No.

Rene
Old Sep 30th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

I will have a 2 years of Tax Returns filed jointly by then.

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 30th 2011, 1:43 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I adjusted from the VWP. Will this have any effect on me removing conditions?.
I don't give advice here. So I won't tell you that if you had been my client, I would have said "no."
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Removal Of Conditions...

Thanks for the help so far.

Yesterday my husband and I were arguing pretty loudly. Y'know how when you live with someone things get pretty heated sometimes? Well, our neighbors called the cops. Not sure which ones, but I have a pretty good idea and that's beside the point. The cop that came was super polite and even ended up apologizing for wasting our time. He saw that we were both fine and left within a minute.

He didn't take any information, any names or anything. Just stepped inside the doorway and said that they have to come if anything is reported to be on the safe side.

I know this sounds stupid and I probably know the answer anyways... But when I file to remove conditions, would this ever come up? I mean, if anything it proves that we're a bonafide couple, lol. Just talking about the 'getting into trouble' with the law type deal.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:44 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal Of Conditions...

Thanks for the help so far.

Yesterday my husband and I were arguing pretty loudly. Y'know how when you live with someone things get pretty heated sometimes? Well, our neighbors called the cops. Not sure which ones, but I have a pretty good idea and that's beside the point. The cop that came was super polite and even ended up apologizing for wasting our time. He saw that we were both fine and left within a minute.

He didn't take any information, any names or anything. Just stepped inside the doorway and said that they have to come if anything is reported to be on the safe side.

I know this sounds stupid and I probably know the answer anyways... But when I file to remove conditions, would this ever come up?
Probably not.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene. I guess I was just looking for an opinion that isn't my own, I'm a worrier. When it comes to filing, I will tell my Attorney about it but I'd hazard a guess that she'd say the same thing. It's not like either of us were arrested or anything.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:57 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you make it so.

Regards, JEff

Is this process as stressful as AOS?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General comment: A conviction for domestic violence is a ground of removal. Violation of a domestic restraining order is a ground of removal.

Moral: shouting matches don't lead to removal. Physical violence can and does. And if ordered to stay away by a court, do so. The current provisions of the law were enacted not long after the trial for the murder of Nicole Brown.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

I'm quite aware that being convicted of certain crimes is grounds for removal.

But my situation isn't that.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:57 am
BE Commentator

I'm quite aware that being convicted of certain crimes is grounds for removal.

But my situation isn't that.
Precisely.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

You tricked me into answering my own question!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

So my Conditional GC expires July 2012.

I would like to book my travel to go home to the UK next year but I want to be back home before I apply to Remove Conditions. I know you are able to travel whilst in the process but I don't want to.

Am I right in saying that I'd be able to file within the 90 days before my GC expires?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:41 am

So my Conditional GC expires July 2012.

I would like to book my travel to go home to the UK next year but I want to be back home before I apply to Remove Conditions. I know you are able to travel whilst in the process but I don't want to.

Am I right in saying that I'd be able to file within the 90 days before my GC expires?
You MUST file the I-751 form within the 90 days just prior to your conditional GC expiration date. You have no choice in the matter.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

I know I have no choice in the matter. I guess I need to explain myself better.

What I'm saying is, would it make any difference WHEN in those 90 days I filed?

Like say I booked my trip for May and filed when I got back. Would I have any issues getting back into the US because it's within the 90 days and I haven't filed yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.