Reload this Page >

Relocating to USA from UK with kids

Relocating to USA from UK with kids

Old Apr 8th 2020, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

MatteoStefano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocating to USA from UK with kids

Originally Posted by Pulaski
(As a side note, I find it hard to believe that is actually correct. Shouldn't it be "not willing to"?)

Between those three absolutes, something is going to have to "give".
ohhhh really..it is not hard to believe because I cannot reveal our obstacles here fully...I wish I could so you could suggest me more other than assuming...but you are right it is an option in normal circumstances.. thank you
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:06 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

They isn't 'more' options. You have 3.

1) Pursue the court order, get it, get married and apply for the visa.
2) Do not persue the court order, remain in the UK, the love interest moves here.
3) Give up custody of the children, get married and apply for the visa.

I don't see you have another path that these.

Last edited by civilservant; Apr 8th 2020 at 4:14 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MatteoStefano
ohhhh really..it is not hard to believe because I cannot reveal our obstacles here fully...I wish I could so you could suggest me more other than assuming...but you are right it is an option in normal circumstances.. thank you
Indentured servitude is unlawful in the US. Unless your "partner" is incarcerated and doing something such as sewing mailbags or pressing license plates there is no such thing as a job in the US that you "cannot" resign from.

I understand that resigning might not be sensible, might mean foregoing some sort of bonus, or in the case of some lawyer's work might require permission from the court to resign, but except as mentioned above I can't think of a job that someone "cannot" resign from.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
They isn't 'more' optiions. You have 3.

1) Peruse the court order, get it, get married and apply for the visa.
2) Do not persure the court order, remain in the UK, the love interest moves here.
3) Give up custody of the children, get married and apply for the visa.

I don't see you have another path that these.
4) Continue with a long distance relationship until the children are old enough to not be subject to permission from the father/ court and/or are independent and have left home.
5) Give up the love interest
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Indentured servitude is unlawful in the US. Unless your "partner" is incarcerated and doing something such as sewing mailbags or pressing license plates there is no such thing as a job in the US that you "cannot" resign from.

I understand that resigning might not be sensible, might mean foregoing some sort of bonus, or in the case of some lawyer's work might require permission from the court to resign, but except as mentioned above I can't think of a job that someone "cannot" resign from.

Well, there is if he is in the military and/or working for a company doing top secret work for the government.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

OK fine... clearly I meant that had a resolution without them remaining apart

Although 4 does mean the oldest child will have aged out and could not come too
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
Well, there is if he is in the military and/or working for a company doing top secret work for the government.
..... They can stop you going somewhere else/ working for a competitor/ exploiting your "secret" knowledge (and even that is extremely hard to enforce), but I have never heard of a truely unresignable military role.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You are not even divorced yet, so can't start any visa paperwork with your new partner anyway. Plus, due to the pandemic, getting a visa is going to take longer than usual.

So in the meantime, have a consultation with an attorney to see what your best option is for getting approval to remove the kids from the UK. I don't see any rush to get this done, as there are factors that will make the visa a long process anyway. Take it slow, have a consultation, and let us know how it goes.

Rene
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

why do you havyou dig this instead of understanding the reasons I cannot share...and you are wrong.g totally...there are jobs in Us that u cannot resign...obviously u have lack of knowledge on this ..I dont know where did you learn this but something is sure you know nothing about it..so do not dig it too much..
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:55 pm

why do you havyou dig this instead of understanding the reasons I cannot share....
Well, I could start with the US constitution.
...and you are wrong.g totally...there are jobs in Us that u cannot resign...obviously u have lack of knowledge on this ..I dont know where did you learn this but something is sure you know nothing about it..so do not dig it too much..
OK, OK, I get it: your "partner" has told you that he "cannot" resign. Either he is ignorant of US laws prohibiting indentured servitude, or he is being less than frank with you.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 8th 2020 at 4:58 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 4:59 pm
Often not so civil...

or he is being less than frank with you.

That is where my thoughts went too. How much time have you spent with this man? How long have you been 'together'?

All I would say is this - you made a bad choice with your first husband by all accounts, you should give yourself some time, since as has been pointed out this will take some time, to make sure that this is what you want. To uproot your kids again is no small thing.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You are not even divorced yet, so can't start any visa paperwork with your new partner anyway. Plus, due to the pandemic, getting a visa is going to take longer than usual.

So in the meantime, have a consultation with an attorney to see what your best option is for getting approval to remove the kids from the UK. I don't see any rush to get this done, as there are factors that will make the visa a long process anyway. Take it slow, have a consultation, and let us know how it goes.

Rene
thank you very much for the advice...yes we are planning all these and my divorce will take very short time like a month...as u said I am making my research and thinking about my options...do you mean should I have consultation with an attorney in US?
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

thank you very much for the advice...yes we are planning all these and my divorce will take very short time like a month...as u said I am making my research and thinking about my options...do you mean should I have consultation with an attorney in US?
No, you consult a lawyer in the UK .... your problems are in the UK.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
That is where my thoughts went too. How much time have you spent with this man? How long have you been 'together'?

All I would say is this - you made a bad choice with your first husband by all accounts, you should give yourself some time, since as has been pointed out this will take some time, to make sure that this is what you want. To uproot your kids again is no small thing.
all asked was a simple question not to criticise and question my life...I see two of you are jumping into conclusions and assumptions..I have been single for years before I met my new partner and never jumped into relationships...I know I made a bad choice with my ex husband and you do not need to tell me that..how do you know how much time I gave to myself...it doesnt mean I did not get divorce because I was in a normal marriage..my marriage was broken since 10 years...we were all in a different countries because he didnt wanna take responsibility of our kids..I lived with him in a same home maybe in totally 3 years...ahhh I'm even justifying myself here to you guys...all is for sure you guys know nothing but like to jump into conclusions...
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No, you consult a lawyer in the UK .... your problems are in the UK.
thank you very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.