Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Refusing to give a DNA sample.

Refusing to give a DNA sample.

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:04 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refusing to give a DNA sample.

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I saw them get it from a soda can or something on SVU.
Yeah they do that too ... but it's getting harder now that the TV shows have tipped off the bad guys.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Yeah they do that too ... but it's getting harder now that the TV shows have tipped off the bad guys.
Yeah, they need to switch to beer.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:07 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up question:
If you do give a DNA sample (willingly or by other means) and it is found you are innocent, is the sample destroyed, or is it added to some database so they can use it for later investigations?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Follow up question:
If you do give a DNA sample (willingly or by other means) and it is found you are innocent, is the sample destroyed, or is it added to some database so they can use it for later investigations?
I'd want mine back so I could do what I wanted to with it.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up question:
It should be destroyed. However, if the case remains open and you are neither accused nor exonerated, it gets into the gray area of being "kept on file". As I understand it though at present DNA testing and banking (unless in the case of federal investigation) is a state controlled situation which means that the laws can vary widely and all of the states are not necessarily even sharing DNA profiles. It really is nothing like the CSI or SUV shows.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:34 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I'd want mine back so I could do what I wanted to with it.
What would you grow? A spare ear?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

It should be destroyed. However, if the case remains open and you are neither accused nor exonerated, it gets into the gray area of being "kept on file". As I understand it though at present DNA testing and banking (unless in the case of federal investigation) is a state controlled situation which means that the laws can vary widely and all of the states are not necessarily even sharing DNA profiles. It really is nothing like the CSI or SUV shows.
Plus now they have this special spray; the cops just spray you with it and it tells them everything about you, what you've done over the last year, and who you've had sex with.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:43 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Plus now they have this special spray; the cops just spray you with it and it tells them everything about you, what you've done over the last year, and who you've had sex with.
Get a couple of drinks in me and I'll tell you all that anyway.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Get a couple of drinks in me and I'll tell you all that anyway.
But you'd get sprayed at the end of the night too....
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:54 pm
Sursum corda

What would you grow? A spare ear?
No, I have another test in mind for it and it might save me some money.

However a spare ear MIGHT not bad idea, that way I could always have an ear to the ground.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:55 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up question:
No, they keep it. You have to work extremely hard to get it removed, and even then, they say they have destroyed it, but you have no proof.

Taking it from a soda can I have no problem with. Physically taking it from your body I have a huge problem with.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:57 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
No, they keep it. You have to work extremely hard to get it removed, and even then, they say they have destroyed it, but you have no proof.

Taking it from a soda can I have no problem with. Physically taking it from your body I have a huge problem with.
Can the police hire women to tempt you into giving up a sample of your DNAs?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:57 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

What difference does it make? Either way it's an invasion of privacy.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:58 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

What difference does it make? Either way it's an invasion of privacy.
Even if you left the can in a public place?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:00 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's not really a laughing matter. You've managed to unite the right and the left in this short thread, which is quite an achievement really. Any other rights you want to flush while you're at it?
The Patriot Act has pretty much flushed a lot of them for us :curse:

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
phew, it a good thing I shagged the policeman's wife the year before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.