Refused K3 yesterday

Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default Refused K3 yesterday

Hey folks... I am still waiting... went for my k3 interview in London yesterday and everything seems fine...
visa issuance was delayed due to additional adminstrative processing...
consular was not familiar with my birth certificate (Liberian).
Interview lasted five minutes and all the normal questions were asked..
where I met my wife..
how long we been together
what do i plan on doing in the states
who are the people that signed on our marriage certificate..
ever been to the U.S
where did my wife grow up..
what work she do..
all these questions were answer correctly...
didn't issue my visa because birthcertificate looks like a copy... they are going to verify it and then give me a calll to send my passport back and hopefully I will get the visa..
do you know how long this may take.. and who are they going to contact to verify it.
the easiest thing to do will be to contact my embassy in London..
anyone with a similar experience?
I am dying to see my wife...
today is our anniversary
Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:49 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused K3 yesterday

Hi there,
I'm sorry that you didn't walk out with a straight approval, however it does not appear from what you say that you were "refused" or "denied", simply that they need documentation different from what was offered. I have no idea how long that will take. What did they say when you asked them at the consulate?

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi there,
I'm sorry that you didn't walk out with a straight approval, however it does not appear from what you say that you were "refused" or "denied", simply that they need documentation different from what was offered. I have no idea how long that will take. What did they say when you asked them at the consulate?

~SecretGarden
couldn't put a time frame on it..
told her today is my anniversary and she said theres no rush.. i am moving over to the states permanently
Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:07 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Myharris
couldn't put a time frame on it..
told her today is my anniversary and she said theres no rush.. i am moving over to the states permanently
Well, I would interpret that statement of hers then to mean that you will be approved when the documentation is the way they seem to want it. I know it's hard to be separated. My husband and I were apart for close to three years for a variety of reasons, most of which was waiting on the USCIS to do some processing on our case. Don't lose hope, and don't see it as a denial. It sounds to me, given what you've said, that as soon as the birth certificate surfaces you'll be approved with visa in passport. Meanwhile, be aware of how your wife is feeling right now too---don't sink into despair because that's no good for either of you. Sending her some flowers or a loving positive phone call might be a great thing to help you both. Good luck, and I am sorry.

~SecretGarden