is this a record??

Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

northspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nice
Default is this a record??

I emailed the US Embassy in London and got a reply 1 hour and 15 minutes later.
This really put a smile on my face )
Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Pimpbots got you beat with a 10 minute response time this past friday.

I am so glad the London Embassy has their **** together and is helpful to everyone
Old Apr 28th 2003, 2:57 pm
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, I e-mailed them on Wed 16 April really wanting to find out before Easter if they had scheduled my interview date

My e-mail reply from them came on Fri 25 April. Hmmmph.

Luckily, my actual Packet #4 letter and interview date arrived on Wed 23 April so all was good on that front.

Gotta say though, on all other occassions I've e-mailed them, they've been pretty efficient, both with time, and in number of words in thier reply :P
Old Apr 28th 2003, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I emailed them at 9.10 on friday and got a reply timed 9.17

It is soooo refreshing to know that the embassy that I will be dealing with when I get to packet 3 actually read email =)
Old Apr 28th 2003, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, they really did surprise me on friday. I sent them an email late afternoon asking if they could send me a case number for my provisional file, and I actually had a response within 10 minutes.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

northspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nice

Well maybe i can beat another record????

They emailed me again the same day, less than an hour after the first email and

WITH AN INTERVIEW DATE.....yippeee

Friday 16th May
London here we come!!!!!!!

(ermm...do I need to email them back and thank them or will that be wasting someones time??)

Last edited by northspoon; Apr 28th 2003 at 7:52 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2003, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point

Northspoon,

Now that is an awesome record to hold! Congrats

Does not hurt to send a thank you to them to let them know their quick response and information is appreciated. I bet they dont get many thank you's. Make someones day by sending them one
Old Apr 28th 2003, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaT is an unknown quantity at this point

I had numerous ongoing conversations back and forth about lost paperwork with the Embassy and they were beyond speedy and wonderful. Also, called this past week and was told there was a bit of a slow down this week as they were closed Good Friday and Easter Monday. As far as saying thank you, I always replied back thanking them for time, and always got back a "your welcome" and once to my "thank you very much" I received back a "your welcome very much". I have the feeling they enjoy being appreciated just like the rest of us!!!