Wikiposts

recent k3 approvals

Old Nov 7th 2002, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

venkimani
i am in the same situation as yourself but dealing with london embassy, had and approved 130 since august and have sent packet 3 to london after they told me to download it and send it in, im already in my third month of processing on the I-130, and my K-3 was approved yesterday at MSC, its very confusing having two approvals, but because i have already involved london i do believe i have to go with the I-130, even though its a better visa, i would of took the K-3 if i thought i could get back to my husband quicker, good luck to you all
Old Nov 8th 2002, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point

mrsstrickland,
Could you please psot your timeline for k-3 visa. Thanks

regards
kindia
Old Nov 8th 2002, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mrsstrickland
venkimani
i am in the same situation as yourself but dealing with london embassy, had and approved 130 since august and have sent packet 3 to london after they told me to download it and send it in, im already in my third month of processing on the I-130, and my K-3 was approved yesterday at MSC, its very confusing having two approvals, but because i have already involved london i do believe i have to go with the I-130, even though its a better visa, i would of took the K-3 if i thought i could get back to my husband quicker, good luck to you all
So, in most cases, I-130 is faster than K3. What a joke! Maybe they should stopping doing K3 and save some of taxpayer's money (and the applicant's as well). They can also help other INS centers to speed up the I-130 process even more. Sound reasonable? Let's talk to our congress representatives about it.
Old Nov 8th 2002, 2:20 pm
Moneypenny

Originally posted by kindia
Moneypenny,
Could you please tell me when did you recieve your RFE from Missouri and could you please post your timeline.Thanks

regards
kindia
KIndia,

I submitted my K3 to MSC mid July.
Received 1st NOA with a date of July 21, 2002.
According to Case Status Online a RFE was sent October 29.
I received the request November 4.
Submitted material November 6.
Now waiting to see what happens next...

Good luck,
AMG

Old Nov 8th 2002, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

kindia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Moneypenny for the information.

I hope you will recevie an approval soon

good luck

regards
kindia
Old Nov 8th 2002, 4:07 pm
Bilal1265

Default Re: recent k3 approvals

my first noa 31st may
rfe:24sept
rfe recived mscct16 by online status
nothing has changed so far

Old Nov 9th 2002, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Billal,
wat is rfe, my first noa is 4th june, still waiting for second noa but got approval for i-130, i don't how come i-130 got approved faster than k3.

sarbpreet.
Originally posted by Bilal1265
my first noa 31st may
rfe:24sept
rfe recived mscct16 by online status
nothing has changed so far
Old Nov 14th 2002, 9:14 am
Lonny Roth

[email protected] (Modelfocus) wrote in message news:...
    > >my wife applied k3(I129f) for me .she is a US citizen and i am a indian
    > >and got married on july 15....she received her first noa for k3 on
    > >24/sep/02............and we are waiting for the approval ...........wish
    > >to know any recent approvals done for k3.
    >
    > It seems like there have only been a few approved in recent days. I've only
    > seen less than 5 on this board. According to the MSC, they are processin
    > 8/02/02 but there are still people waiting from late May. You have a long wait.
    > Best wishes.
    >
    > Christian
    > 1st K3 NOA 6/17 and waiting

1st noa july 1st No response yet on my k3. My wife waits in Cambodia.
I'm hungry for more info. Waiting sucks.

Lonny

Old Nov 14th 2002, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point

hi modelfocus
i can understand .....every k3 applicant is undergoing the same feelings including me ...........of course u r very close or at the verge of getting k3 approval ....i think u can find the e-mail address of the congress man of u r area and seek his help .....there is nothing wrong in trying it out
hope to hear a good news from u soon
u know what my k3 application is just 51 days old ...........so a long way for me to go .........i really thought k1 and k3 procedures are the same and takes hardly 2-3 months in both the case to join my wife .....now i feel diffrent ....and the funny thing is some people got I-130 approval along or before k3 approval in the same board ....no hard feelings for those who got approved ...infact a lots of heartiest congrats for them
but talking abt the procedures and the purpose of creating k3 ............i guess the govt has failed for various reasons after sept /11 especially k3 grounds ......
i am native of india ......and my wife is in US ....some times it appears a wonder for me how people can stop doing their job just becos some terrorist activity happened .....and there is no white paper as well what additional checks do they do for allowing the foreign national inside ....and after all k3 is non-imigaration visa with chance to become a potential immigrant ....so the govt has the right at any point of time to reverse .....i think just for re-union of family atleast they need not pose so much delay and all these spouse 's are not terrorist ...........hope to get our approvals soon .............
keep hoping
be +ve thats all i can say at this point of time
Old Nov 15th 2002, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

My first noa is 4th june but still waiting for k3 approval, everyday i check my online status for k3and i-130, got approval for i-130on 22nd oct., but after i called to US embassy in delhi they said it will take another six months in processing i-130 visa, so hope to get k3 approval soon to see my husband and be with my family soon.I heard one person had his first noa on 5th may and she got approval on 7th nov. for k3 so i hope we are near to get k3 , i hope i can celebrate christmas with my husband this time.

Originally posted by Lonny Roth
[email protected] (Modelfocus) wrote in message news:...
    > >my wife applied k3(I129f) for me .she is a US citizen and i am a indian
    > >and got married on july 15....she received her first noa for k3 on
    > >24/sep/02............and we are waiting for the approval ...........wish
    > >to know any recent approvals done for k3.
    >
    > It seems like there have only been a few approved in recent days. I've only
    > seen less than 5 on this board. According to the MSC, they are processin
    > 8/02/02 but there are still people waiting from late May. You have a long wait.
    > Best wishes.
    >
    > Christian
    > 1st K3 NOA 6/17 and waiting

1st noa july 1st No response yet on my k3. My wife waits in Cambodia.
I'm hungry for more info. Waiting sucks.

Lonny
Old Nov 16th 2002, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road

"My first noa is 4th june but still waiting for k3 approval, everyday i check my online status for k3and i-130, got approval for i-130on 22nd oct., but after i called to US embassy in delhi they said it will take another six months in processing i-130 visa, so hope to get k3 approval soon to see my husband and be with my family soon."

Hi Sarbpreet_812,

If my knowledge is right, approval of I-130 cancel the K3 application. By this I mean that if your I-130 was approved before K3, you have to follow the process for I-130 notthe K3. Which means your spouse with get into US with green card, instead of as a non-immigrant waiting for adjustment of status here. Yes it does take longer, and they will ask for a different affidavit of support I-864 instead of I-134 and i think will involve more paper work.

Good luck

Lizzie
Old Nov 16th 2002, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lizzie1977
"My first noa is 4th june but still waiting for k3 approval, everyday i check my online status for k3and i-130, got approval for i-130on 22nd oct., but after i called to US embassy in delhi they said it will take another six months in processing i-130 visa, so hope to get k3 approval soon to see my husband and be with my family soon."

Hi Sarbpreet_812,

If my knowledge is right, approval of I-130 cancel the K3 application. By this I mean that if your I-130 was approved before K3, you have to follow the process for I-130 notthe K3. Which means your spouse with get into US with green card, instead of as a non-immigrant waiting for adjustment of status here. Yes it does take longer, and they will ask for a different affidavit of support I-864 instead of I-134 and i think will involve more paper work.

Good luck

Lizzie
Yes, once your I-130 hits the Consulate/Embassy, they will NOT handle your K3 visa. IMHO, if you get a change to apply for I-130. go for it! If you come with K3 you,
1) need to apply for work authorization (about $100 and a month wait)
2) need to apply for I485 AOS (about a year wait, and more $$$)
3) if your I130 or I485 is ever denied, you K3 visa becomes invalid
And all this involves dealing with INS - which we all know can become quite painful.
Old Nov 16th 2002, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi lizzi,
Thankyou so much for kind imformation, BUt i have see Mrs peterkin (member of britishexpats)got approval for i-130 in august and k3 approval on 7th nov. , so that mean both visa responding same time what does this mean.

sarbpreet.

Originally posted by lizzie1977

Hi Sarbpreet_812,

Good luck

Lizzie
Old Nov 16th 2002, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road

"Hi lizzi,
Thankyou so much for kind imformation, BUt i have see Mrs peterkin (member of britishexpats)got approval for i-130 in august and k3 approval on 7th nov. , so that mean both visa responding same time what does this mean.

sarbpreet."

Hi,sarbpreet,

I dont know the exact answer to this question, but if i understood right for what i was told once, I think that the VSC - MSC have any kind of comunication between them, so they dont know which of the applications was approved first, if I-130 or I-129F. But it is sure that the Embassy/Consulate will handle only one, and will I-130 if approved before K3 visa has being issued, which yes is a longer process. I think only thing we can do is be patience, which for sure is not easy, but is not in our hands what INS is doing.

If someone else knows the exact answer, please help us to get out of this confussion.

Lizzie
Old Dec 16th 2002, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default recent approval

hi all
any recent approvals ......any one got thru k3 with the embassy and ready to join their spouse for christmas and new year
its almost 83 days for me today and haven't got the second noa
just anxious if some of our friends got thru with k3 and also made up the interview and ready to board the flight for christmas
hope to get a reply so that i can be +ve
waiting really suck s
happy christmas to all
warm regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.