Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Received Pck from Lagos Consulate!

Received Pck from Lagos Consulate!

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

afroduke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received Pck from Lagos Consulate!

I just received a package from the U.S Consulate in Lagos which probably should be pck 3/4. I already received my interview date prior to this via e-mail(pegged at 20th of May).The Nigerian postal system ain't that unreliable afterall (with respect to Omo & co). I hope to scale through the rest of the process unfazed. Amen.
And to Ruthann......No pun intended, I think you should chill/calm down & take things easygoing a lil. You seem too agitated over the whole process. Things will always work out for the best......say an Amen to that!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:08 am
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Received Pck from Lagos Consulate!

Originally posted by afroduke
I just received a package from the U.S Consulate in Lagos which probably should be pck 3/4. I already received my interview date prior to this via e-mail(pegged at 20th of May).The Nigerian postal system ain't that unreliable afterall (with respect to Omo & co). I hope to scale through the rest of the process unfazed. Amen.
And to Ruthann......No pun intended, I think you should chill/calm down & take things easygoing a lil. You seem too agitated over the whole process. Things will always work out for the best......say an Amen to that!

Good morning Afro,

May I ask what your time frames have been? How long did it take for you to get an interview scheduled? I ask because I saw a poor couple that was approved and had their packet sent to Lagos and their interview was scheduled for June. I do not want Rotey and I to be in that boat. Thanks, Sonya
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Afro
Great to hear. J also just recieved his but it was put in the mail lke 2months ago. Anyway, better late than never, or better never late. either way, you got it and your on your way.

Continued blessings as you progress.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:38 pm
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on receiving your packet well in advance of your interview.

It must be a FIRST for the Nigerian postal system!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh congrats ooo! Maybe we saw each other not knowing it. I was there too today. Called Sunny(Ruthan's) and we shall meet get to know each other. That won't hurt abi? If you care, I will be at komoras for my medics tomorrow,23rd,look out for a tall guy,long sleeve shirt with strips. It could turn out to be the meeting of the NIJA brigade,like Omo said. I will PM you my number if you indicate interest.

bye
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:15 am
Just Joined

vade is an unknown quantity at this point

"Poor couple"? These are the kind of comments that is
not needed on this forum.
Just pray! A little mistake can be costly and lagos is a unique consulate and we all face one of the largest bureaucracy. Lagos don't follow any sequence or priority re: approval or NVC clearance, just pray that whomever sets your date wakes up on the right side of the bed.
Good luck!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:49 am
Just Joined

besangin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by vade
"Poor couple"? These are the kind of comments that is
not needed on this forum.
Just pray! A little mistake can be costly and lagos is a unique consulate and we all face one of the largest bureaucracy. Lagos don't follow any sequence or priority re: approval or NVC clearance, just pray that whomever sets your date wakes up on the right side of the bed.
Good luck!

Vade.

Please don't be offended or misinterpret my meaning of poor couple. It was my way of expressing that my heart went out to them, mistake or no, as it does to each and every person who has to endure this process. I make no apologies that I feel bad that the couple had to wait until June to get an interview. I think of myself in that position and I just become overwhelmed with sadness at the thought of being seperated from my love one that long. Their strength and perseverance inspires me to keep my head and heart up, so that one day my story may inspire too. To all in the NB know that my thoughts and continued prayers are with you no matter what stage you are in in this process. Sonya

P.S. One thing I take comfort in is that the God I serve is bigger than the Lagos Consulate, and if it is meant for us to have a long process, then I know He will see us through. I strongly believe that He will not give us more than we can handle although we forget that sometimes, but this process makes you see the light quickly. I want to thank you for sharing your concerns with me.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:22 am
Just Joined

vade is an unknown quantity at this point

besangin,
No offenence taken, we are all here to give each other support
and to help one another through this process. I pray that we all reunite with our spouse/fiance ASAP!
Good Luck!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by omo
Congrats on receiving your packet well in advance of your interview.

It must be a FIRST for the Nigerian postal system!

:lecture:
Actually it's probably a second for the postal system. J recieved his by post on March 5th, but had an interview already set for Apirl 16. Go fig?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Packet 3 and 4 at the same time? Wow!
CONGRATS!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! This must a some kind of record going on here, wonder if the Consulate has been under some scrutiny for thier practices or something, one never knows about that. I do know that the Ambassador(top Nigerian US Official) position at the Embassy in Abuja seems to be in Limbo. Mrs Hinson-Jones is still the Consul General in Lagos, but I don't know who is charge at the Embassy.
But glad to see progress!

Hypertweeky, yes they do things differently in Nigeria Oh

Remi and Jeff

Originally posted by nkem4ever
:lecture:
Actually it's probably a second for the postal system. J recieved his by post on March 5th, but had an interview already set for Apirl 16. Go fig?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:45 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JeffB
Wow! This must a some kind of record going on here, wonder if the Consulate has been under some scrutiny for thier practices or something, one never knows about that. I do know that the Ambassador(top Nigerian US Official) position at the Embassy in Abuja seems to be in Limbo. Mrs Hinson-Jones is still the Consul General in Lagos, but I don't know who is charge at the Embassy.
But glad to see progress!

Hypertweeky, yes they do things differently in Nigeria Oh

Remi and Jeff
It just seems odd to me, because why if the embassy schedule a too early interview and you don't have all the documentation ready??, That is why You send out the checklist signed so they know you have everything.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
It just seems odd to me, because why if the embassy schedule a too early interview and you don't have all the documentation ready??, That is why You send out the checklist signed so they know you have everything.

I'm not defending how they do things in Lagos or any other consulate but I beleive w/the mail being as poor/slow as it is, they knowingly schedule the interview 3-4mths out. Giving the petitioner or bene ample time to collect his/her items, and not have to wait another 2-3mths for the pkg 3.
Even though our packet left NVC (or NVS whatever it is) in january, it did not get to his home addy until March. WHo knows when the consulate actually sent it.
But if he had to wait for another pkg I'm quite sure the interview date would not have been met in time.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:55 pm

Originally posted by nkem4ever
I'm not defending how they do things in Lagos or any other consulate but I beleive w/the mail being as poor/slow as it is, they knowingly schedule the interview 3-4mths out. Giving the petitioner or bene ample time to collect his/her items, and not have to wait another 2-3mths for the pkg 3.
Even though our packet left NVC (or NVS whatever it is) in january, it did not get to his home addy until March. WHo knows when the consulate actually sent it.
But if he had to wait for another pkg I'm quite sure the interview date would not have been met in time.
Oh I see, It makes sense now
The packets leave the embassy no NVC though
Good Luck!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Oh I see, It makes sense now
The packets leave the embassy no NVC though
Good Luck!!
Hi,
I am Nkem's fiance.
If you take a look at our timeline below, one can see everything!! When it left NVC, when it arrives consulate,when consulate sent it to me by post and when I received it!! So its not a thing to debate about here.

During my medicals yesterday,I met a girl who also received her package by post in Imo State in eastern Nigeria!!! Well on time> She have interview next week.

She told me she knows nothing about internet and requested me to help her check if all the forms are complete which i was happy to do. She said her fiance,a Nigerian too in USA did everything and will complete the forms for her when he arrives this week.
She took my number and promised to give me a call to know how everything went.

JJ