Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Received letter from NVC RE: K3 I-129F

Wikiposts

Received letter from NVC RE: K3 I-129F

Old Oct 28th 2003, 5:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Received letter from NVC RE: K3 I-129F

Hi All,

Last week I received a letter from the NVC saying that they had received my approved I-129F and would be forwarding my petition to Casablanca within one week. So, if this is true, that means my petition has already been forwarded (letter was dated 10/16/03). WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

However, I'm going to be cautious before I start a party. Does everyone get the same letter? I know of some cases that got hung-up at the NVC. RichardIII and Noorah101 are two that come to mind. Did either of you guys get this letter and then still get hung up at the NVC? Does anyone know if this is a real approval letter or just a form letter that everyone gets??????

Thanks,

Leslie
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received letter from NVC RE: K3 I-129F

Leslie,

I can't say for sure without seeing your letter, but your description matches the letter that I got. My letter was dated 22 October, and the NVC told me this morning that my file had been sent on to Bangkok on the 22nd.

My impression is that the NVC does not 'approve' anything with regard to I-129f petitions for fiancee. They receive petitions from the BCIS service centers, log them into the DoS 'system' (whatever that might be), and forward them on to the appropriate consulates. Little more than a big distribution center.

They may also initiate some of the security checks with other government agencies - get a 'head start' on that activity without waiting for the petition to arrive at the consulate. Approved petitions for Chinese fiance(e)s, for example, which country is one of those that require an additional level of security checking, can spend a month or two sitting at the NVC before being sent on to Guangzhau.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi All,

Last week I received a letter from the NVC saying that they had received my approved I-129F and would be forwarding my petition to Casablanca within one week. So, if this is true, that means my petition has already been forwarded (letter was dated 10/16/03). WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

However, I'm going to be cautious before I start a party. Does everyone get the same letter? I know of some cases that got hung-up at the NVC. RichardIII and Noorah101 are two that come to mind. Did either of you guys get this letter and then still get hung up at the NVC? Does anyone know if this is a real approval letter or just a form letter that everyone gets??????

Thanks,

Leslie
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:23 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Hi All,

Thanks,

Leslie
Last week you received it and have been keeping it secret from us all along. Shame on you!!! Seriously, it's great news. I think if you call the NVC and use their automated system, it will tell you the latest news regarding your case, so if it's been forwarded to casablanca already, it would probably be in the system. If not, call early (8 am sharp) and you'll be connected to a live person. Your husband does have a common first name, and it would be great for those of us with spouses in the middle east if your case got out of the NVC quickly. Good luck!!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks JEff,

That's a good sign.

Rene's got stuck at the NVC for 2 months because of additional security checks, like you said I think it has to be a country that requires additional security checks as it was in her case. I believe Richard's got stuck because some screwed up his wife's birthday in the computer, but I also think he was dealing with a higher security country.

Leslie

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Leslie,

I can't say for sure without seeing your letter, but your description matches the letter that I got. My letter was dated 22 October, and the NVC told me this morning that my file had been sent on to Bangkok on the 22nd.

My impression is that the NVC does not 'approve' anything with regard to I-129f petitions for fiancee. They receive petitions from the BCIS service centers, log them into the DoS 'system' (whatever that might be), and forward them on to the appropriate consulates. Little more than a big distribution center.

They may also initiate some of the security checks with other government agencies - get a 'head start' on that activity without waiting for the petition to arrive at the consulate. Approved petitions for Chinese fiance(e)s, for example, which country is one of those that require an additional level of security checking, can spend a month or two sitting at the NVC before being sent on to Guangzhau.

Regards, JEff
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:31 am
WTF?

Thanks Heba.

I wanted to post it, but I was afraid to have a party yet, because I have been unable to get anyone on the phone to verify it. I was afraid it was just a form letter. (Kind of like the estimated processing dates given to us by the service centers that are completely fictitional. LOL) But, I'm starting to get a little excited now. If I can just get someone on the phone to confirm it's gone to Casa. I'll be screaming!!!!

Leslie

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Last week you received it and have been keeping it secret from us all along. Shame on you!!! Seriously, it's great news. I think if you call the NVC and use their automated system, it will tell you the latest news regarding your case, so if it's been forwarded to casablanca already, it would probably be in the system. If not, call early (8 am sharp) and you'll be connected to a live person. Your husband does have a common first name, and it would be great for those of us with spouses in the middle east if your case got out of the NVC quickly. Good luck!!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks,

Leslie
Hi Leslie!!

Wow, you have patience! I'd be on the phone right now asking if my file has left NVC yet! :-)

For the record, I have not received any written notice of any sort from NVC yet. They kept telling me on the phone that once the file has left NVC, they will mail out a letter stating so. Supposedly my file left NVC on 10/16, but I haven't gotten a letter from them yet. Oh, wait, it's only been 10 mailing days....I better give it another 80 days to show up! LOL LOL

Leslie, call NOW, and let us KNOW!!! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:40 am
WTF?

Thanks Rene!!!!

OMG!! The letter is probably real then. I just tried to call again and no luck. What is the best time to call and get a real person??

Leslie

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Leslie!!

Wow, you have patience! I'd be on the phone right now asking if my file has left NVC yet! :-)

For the record, I have not received any written notice of any sort from NVC yet. They kept telling me on the phone that once the file has left NVC, they will mail out a letter stating so. Supposedly my file left NVC on 10/16, but I haven't gotten a letter from them yet. Oh, wait, it's only been 10 mailing days....I better give it another 80 days to show up! LOL LOL

Leslie, call NOW, and let us KNOW!!! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene!!!!

OMG!! The letter is probably real then. I just tried to call again and no luck. What is the best time to call and get a real person??

Leslie
I always called at about 6:20 pm Eastern time, and didn't have any trouble. Here's the secret:

When you call, and you press 1, then 2 to get a live person....if the recording says "due to heavy volume, you may want to try out automated system...." just hang up, because you'll just get disconnected.

If you get a recording that says "due to heavy volume, you may have to wait longer than 5 minutes for an operator..." stay on hold, and you'll get through.

Good luck, and let us know, we're dying here! :-)
Rene
Keep trying! :-)
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:50 am
WTF?

Hi Rene!!!!!

I have always got the first message so I hung up. BUT, I tried again and this time I got the second message. I' waiting on hold right now!!!! I'm really excited.

Leslie

I always called at about 6:20 pm Eastern time, and didn't have any trouble. Here's the secret:

When you call, and you press 1, then 2 to get a live person....if the recording says "due to heavy volume, you may want to try out automated system...." just hang up, because you'll just get disconnected.

If you get a recording that says "due to heavy volume, you may have to wait longer than 5 minutes for an operator..." stay on hold, and you'll get through.

Good luck, and let us know, we're dying here! :-)
Rene
Keep trying! :-)
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:53 am

Hi Rene!!!!!

I have always got the first message so I hung up. BUT, I tried again and this time I got the second message. I' waiting on hold right now!!!! I'm really excited.

Leslie
***** holding my breath ******
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:55 am
WTF?

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!! I got through to a real person!!! It was mailed to Casa on the 15th!!!!!!

That was 2 weeks ago and I didn't even know it.

Leslie

Hi Rene!!!!!

Leslie
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:11 am

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!! I got through to a real person!!! It was mailed to Casa on the 15th!!!!!!

That was 2 weeks ago and I didn't even know it.

Leslie
OMG!!!! See?? LOL I'm sooooo happy for you!! Yours went out one day before mine :-) So, you better let hubby know to expect P3 soon!

Very good news, congratulations!! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:40 am
WTF?

Thanks a million Rene!!! You have been such a great support and help to me, I felt like you were right here with me when I found out.

WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO. :PARTY:

Maybe our Darlings will get here at the same time!!!!

It should be perfect timing, his interview probably won't be until after Ramadan, but hopefully before Christmas. I'm getting really excited!!!!

Leslie

OMG!!!! See?? LOL I'm sooooo happy for you!! Yours went out one day before mine :-) So, you better let hubby know to expect P3 soon!

Very good news, congratulations!! :-)

Rene
Old Oct 28th 2003, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks,

Leslie

Congratulations Leslie......
Old Oct 28th 2003, 9:13 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks,

Leslie

Oh my Leslie!!! I am so happy!!, I know you said you are gonna be cautious before you start partying... but you never said.. I can't party
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Woo I am hoping your petition is already at the embassy!!!! wooo girlie you gotta keep me posted!!
YEY YEY!! I am happy now!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.