this week.

So I have read about people seeing tears from others as they leave the
embassy. I have read lawyers advertising that you won't be denied like
the other people who don't use us. But I still can't find any reasons
for denial anywhere. If we are a genuine couple what are the usual
reasons invented for denying a visa or is it yet another Request For
Evidence.

I am beginning to think the only way for someone to enter the country
is to join Al Qaeda and go to pilot school.

Anyway if someone cvan help me anticipate the reasons for denying a
visa I would be grateful. It amy save some time

Thanks all

Old Nov 4th 2002, 12:43 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons for denial

They don't have to invention excuses there are legitimate reasons why someone sitting at the US Consulate will see someone walk away without their visa. The reasons can be benign and only require that the person bring original forms or the correct forms, i.e. full divorce certificates, certified marriage certificates, acceptable affidavits of supports. Or it could be serious and be that the foreign finacee/spouse did not pass the medical, has a criminal history, has been found to have committed fraud on any of the applications or on a prior tourist application or used the VWP when they should not have.

No lawyer can guarantee approval. They can guarantee that they will assist you in making your application and submission as thorough as possible but even an attorney cannot guarantee success if there are any situations in your life that would mean a rejection. If rejected, they can help you file for a waiver if applicable.

Rete

Originally posted by Richard
Hi all,

I have a question. Seeing as how the K1 process is dragging on so long
I want to get all the answers for each delay they decidew to invent
this week.

So I have read about people seeing tears from others as they leave the
embassy. I have read lawyers advertising that you won't be denied like
the other people who don't use us. But I still can't find any reasons
for denial anywhere. If we are a genuine couple what are the usual
reasons invented for denying a visa or is it yet another Request For
Evidence.

I am beginning to think the only way for someone to enter the country
is to join Al Qaeda and go to pilot school.

Anyway if someone cvan help me anticipate the reasons for denying a
visa I would be grateful. It amy save some time

Thanks all
Old Nov 4th 2002, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Richard
Hi all,

I have a question. Seeing as how the K1 process is dragging on so long
I want to get all the answers for each delay they decidew to invent
this week.

Richard,

My fiance and I are under administrative review for over 3 months now. We did nothing wrong, no medical and criminal problems, affidavit of support good. All documents were submitted. Had a lawyer help out filling the forms. There is no reason to hold us. My point of view is that they want to deny us cause they feel like we don't belong together cause i am a different race and have children from him. They will try their best to deny us. I guess you are right if my fiance was going to pilot school he would be here with me. But I guess being honest and law-abiding citizen is not good.

But if your fiance is going to the interview in europe and other easier countries you will have no problem. The major problem consulates are from india, china, russia, nigeria, manila, plus some others I can't think of right now. Mainly if she is from canada and great britian you will have no problem and guranteed a visa, as long no medical and criminal. For the other countries I listed above, they don't care if you have no medical and criminal background.

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 6:28 am
Scarlett

Hi

I suffered from horrible paranoia before I got my visa. You don't give details
about specific worries. Your application will be straightforward unless, as
Rete explained, certain things apply. To set your mind at rest try the
following...

Check through all the forms - is there anything on them that is difficult to
answer? If so yell out - one of us will try to answer.

Do you have a police record? If so, what's on it? Again, yell out - someone
will try to explain if this will affect your application.

Are you medically ok? I got so paranoid about this one that - though I've never
had reason to suspect I have anything nasty - I made an appointment at a clinic
and got them to run all the tests. If you're in England it's free. It meant I
could go to the medical with 50% less paranoia than i otherwise would have
because i knew that i knew that my bloods were clear. it might sound silly, but
if it will make you feel better during the long wait, why not?

Does your fiancé make 125% of the poverty line? If not are there assets he can
list, or can you find an additional sponsor?

Have you ever lied to an immigration official. If so, shout and again, someone
will try to help you.

Do you have children you are taking with you? If so have you permission from
their other parent? Can you get it?

If none of the above apply, you probably have a pretty straightforward
application. This process is so worrying because your whole life hangs on it. i
know that. but having finally got my own visa i can only say, i didn't get the
impression anyone was trying to trip us up. they just want to know you're
genuine and not likely to be either a danger or a burden to the good old US of
A.

if you want to natter about it or just vent your worries - feel free to mail (i
only answer mails when i know who they're from cos i'm sick of offers to
enlarge various parts of my anatomy that i don't even have!) so put something
about visas in the subject line - [email protected].....

NB i've been really busy, packing up, moving out, and haven't had time to read
every post but have been scanning for subject lines that look like something i
might be able to help with as often as i can. anyone who's trying to get hold
of me, feel free to mail but i'd ask you to post any answers that might be
helpful to others on the newsgroup.

take care
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 4th 2002, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Scarlett
Hi

I suffered from horrible paranoia before I got my visa. You don't give details
about specific worries. Your application will be straightforward unless, as
Rete explained, certain things apply. To set your mind at rest try the
following...

Scarlett

I just want to say for us it was not straightfoward, there is no reason to hold us under administrative review. The affidavit of support is very good, no criminal and medical problems. We did everything right and for no reason they are holding us. It does not make sense how they can hold us when we went by the rules. Like I sayed it depends what country and consulate(ours from india), if you are from england no problem, just have no medical and criminal history and good affidavit of support. So I am really upset that we did everything right and still on hold for no reason. So how can someone reason why everything was done right and they still can hold us.

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 12:54 pm
Richard

Thanks Scarlett

no there are no valid reasons for denial: no criminal record, no
medical issues, sufficient funds, no lies on the forms, etc... I think
it is a little more than paranoia, just worrying that they will find
excuse after excuse to put us into limbo. I just want to know why
people are denied, I know the above reasons count, but how many are
actually denied - does anyone know?

Already they have asked for more information another photocopy of a
divorce certificate that must be notarized. There is no reason for
that, the original copy was just fine. I feel if they want to limit
visas for a country the INS should be honest about it and say so: say
your application is valid, please wait 2 years. At least applicants
can plan.

Anyway thanks

Richard

Old Nov 4th 2002, 3:27 pm
Targaff

[email protected] (Richard) wrote in news:ea0af287.0211031702.6af0f5a7
@posting.google.com:

> I am beginning to think the only way for someone to enter the country
    > is to join Al Qaeda and go to pilot school.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that as a result of a combination of
excessive bureaucracy and incompetence it is apparently easier for someone
to come to the US and do it through backdoors than to do it the proper way.
The solution of the US to this seems to be to reduce the number of rights a
real applicant has and charge them more for the privilege.

Not that I'm bitter or anything about having to sit on my arse and do
nothing because there's a distinct dearth of thinking going on in all
echelons of the INS.

--

Targaff

Old Nov 4th 2002, 5:47 pm
Scarlett

> Scarlett
    >> I just want to say for us it was not straightfoward, there is no
    >> reason to hold us under administrative review. The affidavit of
    >> support is very good, no criminal and medical problems. We did
    >> everything right and for no reason they are holding us. It does not
    >> make sense how they can hold us when we went by the rules. Like I
    >> sayed it depends what country and consulate(ours from india), if you
    >> are from england no problem, just have no medical and criminal history
    >> and good affidavit of support. So I am really upset that we did
    >> everything right and still on hold for no reason. So how can someone
    >> reason why everything was done right and they still can hold us.
    >> amy

you're right, amy - i should have said my notes applied as long as you weren't
from one of the countries that seem to get extra delays. i thought the OP was
from one of the countries that didn't have these kinds of problems.

i'm so sorry for all you're going through. do keep us posted - i'll be glad to
hear when you finally get to the end of your long journey.

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 4th 2002, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Rete
They don't have to invention excuses there are legitimate reasons why someone sitting at the US Consulate will see someone walk away without their visa. The reasons can be benign and only require that the person bring original forms or the correct forms, i.e. full divorce certificates, certified marriage certificates, acceptable affidavits of supports. Or it could be serious and be that the foreign finacee/spouse did not pass the medical, has a criminal history, has been found to have committed fraud on any of the applications or on a prior tourist application or used the VWP when they should not have.

Rete,

Can you please explain something since you have seen alot of this NG.

I would like to know why my fiance walked away without his visa after the interview. We been under adminstrative review for over 3 months now and no word from them. NO criminal record, police clearance perfect, affidavit of support perfect, no lying on papers, all documents submitted, tons of stuff to support our love including pics, emails etc.

Right now I don't understand what is going on. They won't tell us why we are held. Rete have you seen this scenario or have any idea what is going on. BTW he never applied for a visa before, never been married, not a common name, no kids. We are the same age, hes little older than me.

amy

amy
Old Nov 4th 2002, 8:13 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reasons for Denial

Reasons for Denial

There are two reasons for Denial, Lake Victoria and Lake Albert. They where discovered by Stanley and Livingstone.

Patrick
Old Nov 5th 2002, 2:37 am
Richard

Well the recipient is from China - so I guess we fall into the
black-hole category. That is bad news of course. So I shall keep
trying to anticipate reasons for denial. I have not heard about the
administrative review, yet another bump in the road

Thanks to all who responded

Old Nov 5th 2002, 2:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And I don't have a clue amys. I have seen in the last year that the US Consulates in India and in some Africa nations are behaving as judge and jury to those that are attempting to obtain legitimate visas basis on a love relationship with a US citizen. And they do this without cause or reason. And yet, in the case of India, there is no problem apparently for thousands of Indian citizens obtaining H-1B work visas or F-1 student visas. So why the animonsity towards those in a legitimate love relationship where the letter of the law is followed and proof offered of the relationships legitimacy? I don't have answers as I am as mystified as you are as to why this is happening. Prejudice? Biogtry? Sadistic tendencies? I honestly don't know.

Please note that when I responded to the OP, the above US Consulates were not figured into the equation. They are unique and defy reason or rhyme.

Rete
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

I don't have answers as I am as mystified as you are as to why this is happening. Prejudice? Biogtry? Sadistic tendencies? I honestly don't know.

Please note that when I responded to the OP, the above US Consulates were not figured into the equation. They are unique and defy reason or rhyme.

Rete

Thanks for responding. Thats why I am causing so much chaos on this forum cause I am trying to figure out what is going on. It really does not seem right when we went by everything by the book. Its upsetting that 95% of the consulate go by the law. It just figures that we went through the mumbai consulate. I feel very powerless and hopeless right now. I don't know if I will ever see him again. I am upset cause if we were meant to be and they deny based on their subjective feelings then they are like giving us the lethal injection of potassium chloride while we are innocent. (synomonis with inmate who is innocent but killed by lethal injection) Basically they are being discrimitory cause they don't want a white american girl to be with an indian. We are the same age etc. we have parental approval and friends approval, these are affidavits. So its definately discrimitory, the bottomline. I thought this was the us govt who don't discriminate, we are the melting pot of the world. It meakes me wonder how can these people sleep at night when they screw up lives. Or maybe they are very sick. mentally ill people who have pleasure in this.

amy
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:24 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by amys
I don't have answers as I am as mystified as you are as to why this is happening. Prejudice? Biogtry? Sadistic tendencies? I honestly don't know.

Rete

Thanks for responding. Thats why I am causing so much chaos on this forum cause I am trying to figure out what is going on. It really does not seem right when we went by everything by the book. Its upsetting that 95% of the consulate go by the law. It just figures that we went through the mumbai consulate. I feel very powerless and hopeless right now. I don't know if I will ever see him again. I am upset cause if we were meant to be and they deny based on their subjective feelings then they are like giving us the lethal injection of potassium chloride while we are innocent. (synomonis with inmate who is innocent but killed by lethal injection) Basically they are being discrimitory cause they don't want a white american girl to be with an indian. We are the same age etc. we have parental approval and friends approval, these are affidavits. So its definately discrimitory, the bottomline. I thought this was the us govt who don't discriminate, we are the melting pot of the world. It meakes me wonder how can these people sleep at night when they screw up lives. Or maybe they are very sick. mentally ill people who have pleasure in this.

amy
Amy,
There is a difference between coming here for emotional support and coming here to ask a question, isn't there? You continue to ask the NG why, and it is obvious that no one has the answer to your particular situation but the people at the consulate themselves. People have tried to offer some suggestions on how to handle this (contact at lawyer, etc) or offer some ideas on what the hold up could be (extra security checks, tighter control, etc) and you continue to dismiss what people are saying, and answer with "but it's so unfair!" Maybe so, but we're not the ones who are able to fix it for you. I hope you get what you're hoping for soon. I don't mean to offend you, but the complaining is really counterproductive, and people are more apt to be supportive to you emotionally if they feel you're responding positively to the support they try to give.
~SecretGarden
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by SecretGarden
Amy,
There is a difference between coming here for emotional support and coming here to ask a question, isn't there? You continue to ask the NG

I was responding to Retes message about the reasons for denial. I just wanted to add to it since their are new reasons for denial. I just wanted people to know that even if you follow the law you can still deny. I am not here for emotional support, just airing out how this govt is unfair. As you can see I take the critizism very well, not a cry baby for people thinking oh Gee she is whining. I take everybodys opinion with a grain of salt. No one can be worse than what the consulate is doing to me. And I don't care what others think cause you don't know me and I will never get to know people personally.

amy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.