Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

re: affadavit of support for k1

re: affadavit of support for k1

Old May 14th 2003, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: affadavit of support for k1

i was talking to our immigration lawyer today about the aff. of support and he said there was a hard way and a easy way. he did not explain the differences or how each is attained. rather he said that is something he will get and i will just sign it.

i was at work and in a big hurry with customers so i wasnt really picking up on everything he was saying.

does anyone have any idea what he is talking about off hand?
Old May 14th 2003, 2:20 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: re: affadavit of support for k1

Originally posted by brianheart
i was talking to our immigration lawyer today about the aff. of support and he said there was a hard way and a easy way. he did not explain the differences or how each is attained. rather he said that is something he will get and i will just sign it.

i was at work and in a big hurry with customers so i wasnt really picking up on everything he was saying.

does anyone have any idea what he is talking about off hand?
Oh Brianheart I hope whatever the route that I have done it right. Please post whatever you find out asap. Thanks a bunches!!
Old May 14th 2003, 2:53 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Oh Brianheart I hope whatever the route that I have done it right. Please post whatever you find out asap. Thanks a bunches!!
I don't know what could be hard about it unless you had to rely on a sponsor? Assuming you meet the required income level you simply provide them with the info. I did my bank deposits (one year's worth) with the letter from the bank, copies of income tax, W2s, letter from employer, current wage slip and then filling in the blanks on the 134. It's pretty cut and dried. The word is the 134 is a cake walk compared to the more detailed form for the AOS procedure.
Old May 14th 2003, 2:55 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by cindyabs
I don't know what could be hard about it unless you had to rely on a sponsor? Assuming you meet the required income level you simply provide them with the info. I did my bank deposits (one year's worth) with the letter from the bank, copies of income tax, W2s, letter from employer, current wage slip and then filling in the blanks on the 134. It's pretty cut and dried. The word is the 134 is a cake walk compared to the more detailed form for the AOS procedure.

Thanks Cindy..... I did all that as well so your posty has put a calm to my nerves! Take care!
Old May 14th 2003, 2:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Thanks Cindy..... I did all that as well so your posty has put a calm to my nerves! Take care!
and you, ....deep, slow breaths, close your eyes and try listening to Vaughan Williams" Lark Ascending." Wonderful calmative,
Old May 14th 2003, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm assuming that the attorney will get all the necessary paperwork or documents. i asked if i needed to get anything and he said no that he would get what we need.......he said we dont need our tax returns till later. he also said i need a letter from my employer stating that i have a job and an income.

i was just curious about this stuff. we've not yet been approved. still waiting but hopefully sometime before i'm old enough to retire we will be through this process.

1st NOA jan. 31 @ nebraska
2nd NOA ( your guess is as good as mine)
Old May 15th 2003, 12:26 am
Caldaron

Do we have to have the bank statement and check stub eventhough we already
provide the letter from the employer and the tax info from the last three
years?

Thanks

"cindyabs" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by JohnCindy
    > > Oh Brianheart I hope whatever the route that I have done it right.
    > > Please post whatever you find out asap. Thanks a bunches!!
    > I don't know what could be hard about it unless you had to rely on a
    > sponsor? Assuming you meet the required income level you simply provide
    > them with the info. I did my bank deposits (one year's worth) with the
    > letter from the bank, copies of income tax, W2s, letter from employer,
    > current wage slip and then filling in the blanks on the 134. It's pretty
    > cut and dried. The word is the 134 is a cake walk compared to the more
    > detailed form for the AOS procedure.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 15th 2003, 4:25 am
Sursum corda

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Caldaron
Do we have to have the bank statement and check stub eventhough we already
provide the letter from the employer and the tax info from the last three
years?

Thanks

That was how I intepreted the directives on the 134. I didn't do 3 years of tax returns only one. But I thought that it was important to back up just where and how I got my money. Possible overkill, but no different then someone taking 6 albums worth of pictures, plane tickets, and emails to substantiate the fiance(e) status.
Old May 15th 2003, 4:39 am
Ron

There is so much variation among the consulates you should query the one you
will use.

"Caldaron" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Do we have to have the bank statement and check stub eventhough we already
    > provide the letter from the employer and the tax info from the last three
    > years?
    > Thanks
    > "cindyabs" wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Originally posted by JohnCindy
    > > > Oh Brianheart I hope whatever the route that I have done it right.
    > > > Please post whatever you find out asap. Thanks a bunches!!
    > >
    > > I don't know what could be hard about it unless you had to rely on a
    > > sponsor? Assuming you meet the required income level you simply provide
    > > them with the info. I did my bank deposits (one year's worth) with the
    > > letter from the bank, copies of income tax, W2s, letter from employer,
    > > current wage slip and then filling in the blanks on the 134. It's pretty
    > > cut and dried. The word is the 134 is a cake walk compared to the more
    > > detailed form for the AOS procedure.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com